Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Charlton report us to FA = Embargo

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:17 am

Report in today's Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rlton.html?

Re: Charlton report us to FA = Embargo

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 am

This is what makes things even more annoying - That we have an embargo partially as a result of signing a player that 90%+ of City fans don't even want at our club.

3 weeks to go to the start of the season and we have no backup squad, can't pay for last years signings, haven't filed the accounts, have no new kit available (that would bring in a sizeable amount of cash to the coffers), all our best players out of contract next summer and the little matter of the tax man coming yet again.

In my opinion, new board or no new board all of the above should have been sorted weeks ago and our players should be training over here not travelling on the "never never" to Portugal - it's a bloody joke.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:35 am

If we default on the deal can Hudson be taken back? :D

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:57 am

Wayne S wrote:If we default on the deal can Hudson be taken back? :D

IMO he is currently 3rd or 4th choice at the mo so dont worry ! Certainly wont be captain nxt season :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 am

dorsetblue wrote: This is what makes things even more annoying - That we have an embargo partially as a result of signing a player that 90%+ of City fans don't even want at our club.

3 weeks to go to the start of the season and we have no backup squad, can't pay for last years signings, haven't filed the accounts, have no new kit available (that would bring in a sizeable amount of cash to the coffers), all our best players out of contract next summer and the little matter of the tax man coming yet again.

In my opinion, new board or no new board all of the above should have been sorted weeks ago and our players should be training over here not travelling on the "never never" to Portugal - it's a bloody joke.

I would say 90% is rather conservative, but you point on that is well made.

However, these events were prior to the Malaysians arriving and they have asked for our patience whilst they deal with the debts run up by Ridsdale one by one. I for one am willing to give them that time as the task must be mind boggling.

I can understand the frustration that will bring and we will go into this season under prepared, but that unfortunately is the penance we will have to pay for the excesses of the previous Chairman.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 am

so hopefully if CCFC refuse to pay then surely the bailifs can collect Hudson and take him back to Charlton ? :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:50 am

FINGERS CROSSED HE'LL GO! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:46 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

IMO he is currently 3rd or 4th choice at the mo so dont worry ! Certainly wont be captain nxt season :ayatollah:

He is in our eyes, Martyn, but Dave Jones? As far as Jones is concerned, Hudson is 1st choice and will be captain, if fit, at the start of the season. I have a feeling that the reason Gerard was in the Echo the other day saying that him and Darcy Blake are the best partnership is that Gerard looks like starting on the bench and Hudson not only playing but playing as captain. Personally, I think Gerard is our best c/b with Blake just behind and that this is the best partnership

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

He is in our eyes, Martyn, but Dave Jones? As far as Jones is concerned, Hudson is 1st choice and will be captain, if fit, at the start of the season. I have a feeling that the reason Gerard was in the Echo the other day saying that him and Darcy Blake are the best partnership is that Gerard looks like starting on the bench and Hudson not only playing but playing as captain. Personally, I think Gerard is our best c/b with Blake just behind and that this is the best partnership

I'm with you, oh and the Woolwich! :)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Who thinks we would have beaten Blackpool if Hudson was left out and Gerard and Blake chosen from the start?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 pm

loadsa51 wrote:Who thinks we would have beaten Blackpool if Hudson was left out and Gerard and Blake chosen from the start?

Not me! the rest of the team apart from ledley and Chopra were crap! as well........

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Just watched Charlie Adam's goal again and was it a brilliant free kick or was Marshall too sloppy ?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Just watched Charlie Adam's goal again and was it a brilliant free kick or was Marshall too sloppy ?

Bothroyd didn't jump.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Just as well jones is manager then rather than you lot. :lol: