Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jacks to appoint Brendan Rodgers..

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Swansea have opened talks with Brendan Rodgers over their vacant manager post, having met with the former Reading and Watford boss on Wednesday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2897/cha ... al-brendan

Re: Jacks to appoint Brendan Rodgers..

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Brendan Rodgers :lol: :lol: Thought Zola was the front runner :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 pm

What's his relegation record like?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:What's his relegation record like?

He hasn't got one. But he did turn Reading from promotion candidates to relegation fodder before getting sacked

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:What's his relegation record like?

He hasn't got one. But he did turn Reading from promotion candidates to relegation fodder before getting sacked

Well I'm counting that as the first positive good news of this pre-season :D :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Think we are being a bit harsh on the guy regarding his time at Reading. They went from promotion to relegation because he had to sell their top players.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 pm

They could appoint Ted Roger for all I care. :D I would still get behind him 100%

His record at Reading was bad as he came into a difficult situation with players being sold. He didn't want to leave Watford - the chairman saw the bucks Reading were offering so he was ousted.

But I hope he has better contacts than Sousa in the british game. He coached under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and had Lampard Snr as his advisor at Watford who did ok when he was there.

Only time will tell! Bring on the new season. I'm gagging! :D

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Hmmm. Didn't Rogers sign McAnuff for Reading? Not forgetting McDermott or whatever his name had an instant positive impact when he went there and masterminded their revival.

They are probably going for Rodgers because he's the only semi decent manaher not to run a thousand miles when offered the job.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

There are not a lot of quality managers out of work at the moment phat. Zola and Southgate would cost the earth and wouldn't be interested in any club in the Championship at present.
If Cardiff lost Jones, who do you reckon they would get instead? You would be in the same boat as us.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 pm

bloo wrote:There are not a lot of quality managers out of work at the moment phat. Zola and Southgate would cost the earth and wouldn't be interested in any club in the Championship at present.
If Cardiff lost Jones, who do you reckon they would get instead? You would be in the same boat as us.

Don't know. I do however reckon Southgate would come here.

Like it or not we ARE (rightly :lol: ) seen as a bigger club, however the debt situation is sure to put some off.

I was suprised by the managers who turned you down - Hamilton and Exeter, FFS and why your chairman wasn't prepared to do a proper deal with Sheff u for Speed ?

You'll probabl get lucky again anyway :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bloo wrote:There are not a lot of quality managers out of work at the moment phat. Zola and Southgate would cost the earth and wouldn't be interested in any club in the Championship at present.

Don't know. I do however reckon Southgate would come here.

Like it or not we ARE (rightly :lol: ) seen as a bigger club, however the debt situation is sure to put some off.

I was suprised by the managers who turned you down - Hamilton and Exeter, FFS and why your chairman wasn't prepared to do a proper deal with Sheff u for Speed ?

You'll probabl get lucky again anyway :lol:

I think maybe Tisdale and that Hamilton fella turned it down as where they are is a comfort zone and coming to Swansea would be a hell of a job for them to repeat what Sousa and Martinez did and finish 6 and 7th. Maybe they thought that if they didn't get that kind of league position the fans would turn on them. Who knows?