Re: WE WANT SAM HAMMAM WALKING ROUND THE PITCH

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:we both know dave jones has as much passion as a dead toad :lol:

That much, eh? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:15 pm

VCLEE wrote:Martyn, you must agree that there's been financial mismanagement at all levels since Hammam's arrival and continued following his forced departure. Who knows what situation we'd have been in had Hammam toughed it out? I don't know, you don't and neither do any of the apologists for Hammam. Please quit making him out to be some sort of Krishna like humble man who only ever wanted the best for City. He has only ever been driven by the dollar.
If the clubs finances necessitate a return so be it, I certainly won't be cheering his fuckin name.

So before Sam arrived we had been managed financially well had we?

can you tell me what period that was then because I've only been watching since 1966 and I can't remember it any different, in fact just before Sam took us on was the lowest of the low times as far as I can recall.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:45 pm

We've been run badly ever since I started watching back in 1969 - just in time to see my club sell our "crown jewel" i.e Toshack.

It was mostly lack of investment from then on via a succesion of owners, none of whom had the clubs best interests at heart.

Then up pops Hammam with his "dream." Yep, he sucked me in like most others despite the dire warnings from Wimbledon fans. Sure, we had a great ride but the cost of those years is the reason we're in the mess we are. To cap it all he left us with Ridsdale, who continued to spend money we didn't have. Both borrowed heavily, gambled and lost. Or rather, we lost as they certainly didn't.

So you're right Gwyn. It's just a shame that you seem to have lost the years 2000 - 2005 :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Boardroom strife is all this club has ever known at least while I've been around. But the one thing that distinguishes Hammam from previous occupants is others had the good grace and humility to walk away and stay away once they'd played all their cards. Hammam just keeps bringing out and opening pack after pack, we don't have to look to far to find out who his jokers are, I can't help thinking you encourage the old chancer!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 pm

I still fail to see how we gambled and lost under Sam, the way I see it he made mistakes, but did we lose ? No, when Sam arrived we were in the basement, when he ' gambled ' he took us to the top of the championship with outline planning agreed for the new stadium.

Yes we owe Langston £10 million plus a bonus but is that such a ridiculous figure in the grand scheme of what has been built, ie. squad, stadium, academy and fighting at the right end of the championship and got as close as you possibily could without achieving, to the windfall of the Premiership.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 pm

VCLEE wrote:Boardroom strife is all this club has ever known at least while I've been around. But the one thing that distinguishes Hammam from previous occupants is others had the good grace and humility to walk away and stay away once they'd played all their cards. Hammam just keeps bringing out and opening pack after pack, we don't have to look to far to find out who his jokers are, I can't help thinking you encourage the old chancer!

Maybe Sam believes he has a job to finish, that was started by none other than, oh yea, Sam. :roll:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, I don't know. If he has something he wants to say maybe he should issue a statement instead of meeting his 'inner circle' and letting them spout his dogma! CCFC is a different place from when he left, most supporters have opened their eyes.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:04 pm

VCLEE wrote:Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, I don't know. If he has something he wants to say maybe he should issue a statement instead of meeting his 'inner circle' and letting them spout his dogma! CCFC is a different place from when he left, most supporters have opened their eyes.

Well I am certainly not his inner circle but I have met him once. :roll:

Maybe he will speak out when it is possible for him too and perhaps just now it is not possible for him to do so.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:10 pm

I agree Carl (not to say he hasn't had plenty of prior opportunities!) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:23 pm

would love to see him back, walking round the pitch lifting the often library like atmos at ccs.

Look, I have made some bad mistakes in my time, and have been grateful for a second chance, its how you come back from them, come back stronger, wiser and with improved decision making. So come back Sam, walk the perimiter at CCS do the :ayatollah: and make your doubters on here mince their words.

CANT SEE HIM COMING BACK THOUGH SADLY, JUST CANT, our boardroom is all to poker faced!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:50 pm

VCLEE wrote:Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, I don't know. If he has something he wants to say maybe he should issue a statement instead of meeting his 'inner circle' and letting them spout his dogma! CCFC is a different place from when he left, most supporters have opened their eyes.

I think if he has something to say or offer he will say it to TG, oh I just remembered that's what he's done isn't it.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:17 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

I think if he has something to say or offer he will say it to TG, oh I just remembered that's what he's done isn't it.

I'm prepared to wait and see. I don't know what's been said and I haven't had access to any minutes so I could only guess as to what Hammam has said, like all supporters?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 pm

I don't believe any supporter will have knowledge of anything said in the meeting, I'll be very disappointed if its is dealt with in any other way than totally discreet.

Mind you I will say people should under estimate Sam at their peril, he's a wily old fox, there have been a few who have under estimated him and learnt to their cost.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I don't believe any supporter will have knowledge of anything said in the meeting, I'll be very disappointed if its is dealt with in any other way than totally discreet.

Mind you I will say people should under estimate Sam at their peril, he's a wily old fox, there have been a few who have under estimated him and learnt to their cost.

Are you referring to Wimbledon fans here?