Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WE WANT SAM HAMMAM WALKING ROUND THE PITCH

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Hammam's legacy is like a cancer that will not disappear quietly, hopefully the Malaysians will be able to kill it off in the long term. If it means feeding the ego in the short term, so be it!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

I thought we were paying Sam/Langston? back monthly,around 100 grand a month.

We also had good days in the 70's Jimmy Andrews side was a good side but he was dour,we had certain people on the board then who were colorful to say the least, and when they left it was down hill all the till Rick tried to light up the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ,and Sam, I wont say play it again Sam

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Of course Gwyn, we're all wrong!!!

Sam didn't acrue any debt. In fact, when he left we were debt free!!!

Join us in the real world Gwyn, although I do admire your loyalty to Hammam.

WE>So your speaking for the masses now are you, when was the vote taken to appoint you spokesperson for all,

Sam didn't acrue any debt. In fact, when he left we were debt free!!!

Yes he accrued debt, it could have been a much smaller debt if he hadn't set up the academy, or tarmacked the huge car park, or put a roof on the Grangend, or laid two new pitches, or improved the Canton Stand and suite, or put the education wing in for the schoolchildren, or done all the bars up and put televisions in all the public areas, or spent millions on architects and planning applications and millions needed by the council for other work such as restricted off street parking set ups and a new kids play are in canton, or all the feasibility studies needed for just about every plant, animal and insect that may be disturbed by building a new stadium, we could have not bought Kav, Thorney, Gabby etc.we could still be in the dungeon with 2,000 crowds, perhaps he should have spent less on bonus's and Bentleys and helicoptor rides,oops that was the other chap wasn't it.

perhaps the club could have used the money they made from selling the players Sam brought to the club and reduced the debt instead of not paying anything off it whilst running up even more massive debts.

IF ONLY HEY.

Join us in the real world Gwyn, although I do admire your loyalty to Hammam.[/quote]

Your off again, join us, are you now the spokesperson for the real world as well, is this the real world where there are no hooligans, no criminals, no one stands up at football, no one drinks to excess and no one swears.

REAL WORLD MY ARSE, you must live in a stately home and listening to classical FM and watching old films showing when the empire was king.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 pm

i for one want sam back, but hey its not everyones cup of tea :D

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:39 pm

At what point and why did Langston suddenly decide they wanted all the money back that was lent to Sam for everything that you've just summed up above , I dont understand why they didnt ask for it the day Sam left CCFC . Or was it too complicated at the time ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm

mrs harry ramsgate wrote:come home sam all is forgiven. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mrs Ramsgate your madder than I first thought :!: :!:

I won`t welcome him back, enjoyed the "rollercoaster" ride, but I don`t want him walking round the pitch. Surely to christ two businessmen with business acumen of our Malaysian saviours, should be able to see through Hammam in a minute. I reckon Hammam is only after a pretty quick pay off, and after that he`ll be off the scence.

JBBJ

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Why is it Gwyn, every time you post a rambling rebuke to those who don't want Hammam back you refer to Ridsdale and insinuate previous support for him? We don't want either of them anywhere near our club. It's very disingenuous of you to suggest otherwise, almost underhand!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:54 pm

VCLEE wrote:Hammam's legacy is like a cancer that will not disappear quietly, hopefully the Malaysians will be able to kill it off in the long term. If it means feeding the ego in the short term, so be it!

Excuse me but havnt u noticed that we now play home games in Sam's legacy or was the stadium just beamed down from another planet and given to CCFC , isnt the Acadamy Sam's legacy , wasnt the upgrading of Ninian Park also Sam's legacy ? If he hadnt put Langston's money in then who else would have funded everything , football clubs cost millions to run and if £24 mil is ALL the debt accumulated by Sam for all the work done then that aint bad is it . Rumours are CCFC will need to spend that much by Christmas anyway even if they were debt free now , yes things came to a head Black Friday beacuse the running costs collided with the new Stadium costs and something had to give ! End result is CCFC are still playing football at a reasonable standard if not better than when Sam left plus the stadium is a huge improvement from Ninian Park , football clubs need money men to invest or else they go under . Sam's crime was just to want something back from the investment he / Langston put into CCFC ............... unlike Ridsdale who took millions out and put absolutely nothing in !!

Dont u all think that if say Paul Guy was forced to leave CCFC tomorrow then he would demand back the £11 mil he's invested into CCFC too ? Hmmmm theres a thought for u Sam haters out there :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Martyn, you've nailed the point bang on. Hammam's legacy should have been the stadium and the great strides we made under his stewardship. Unfortunately, it's not. He destroyed his legacy by stupidity, greed and arrogance. The club has made enormous progress in the past 10 years but the new masses of fans will only know and read about what Langstone and the rest have done since.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 pm

VCLEE wrote:Martyn, you've nailed the point bang on. Hammam's legacy should have been the stadium and the great strides we made under his stewardship. Unfortunately, it's not. He destroyed his legacy by stupidity, greed and arrogance. The club has made enormous progress in the past 10 years but the new masses of fans will only know and read about what Langstone and the rest have done since.

Sam took over the Club 10 years ago and left it 5 years ago , its the last 5 years that have given us the financial meltdown ! I wont say greed no coz all he did / Langston did was demand their investment back albeit yes in an arrogant manner but we dont know the circumstances behind that yet ! The day he left then City owed possibly £24 mil BUT to Langston and no other creditors I assume and the value of the players exceeded that amount at the time . Its since then that CCFC's finances have gone overboard coz the £24 mil is still owed to Langston so wheres the rest of the money over the past 5 years gone then ? Im sure Jones's transfers in and out the balance should be favourable towards the outs , so where exactly has that money gone ? The point being made here is football clubs need money men to invest all the time which is what Sam did and his only crime was to ask for it back , the timing of which and the way it was done maybe could and should have been done differently , but like I said we dont know the circumstances why . Think it came about when Chopra went for £5 mil and Sam wanted that money back , maybe Im wrong ???? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Martyn, you must agree that there's been financial mismanagement at all levels since Hammam's arrival and continued following his forced departure. Who knows what situation we'd have been in had Hammam toughed it out? I don't know, you don't and neither do any of the apologists for Hammam. Please quit making him out to be some sort of Krishna like humble man who only ever wanted the best for City. He has only ever been driven by the dollar.
If the clubs finances necessitate a return so be it, I certainly won't be cheering his fuckin name.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 pm

He wasnt my biggest fan when he left I must admit but and all I can say is that in 2000 CCFC were in the old div 4 watched by me and 1,999 others and by 2005 we were top of the Championship with over 19,000 inside Ninian park !! Which would u prefer ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Yes and for the last 5 years it's been the most one sided propaganda war I've ever witnessed, Sam in my opinion has been very dignified, he's taken all the flak and never lowered himself into a slagging match.

Read Rudyard Kipling's poem named "IF". I know Sam takes a lot from that and if you read it you may understand a bit more.

I know that If I had helped Ridsdale and given him another chance to redeem himself and then have to watch as he stabbed me in the back and raped the club relentlessly (allegedly) the dignified silence would have been shattered by the sound of breaking bones.

For God's sake if it rained for the last 5 years Ridsdale would blame Sam, yet if the sun shone the Ridsdale would have you believe he'd arranged it.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Just read it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Gwyn, Hammam showed stupidity in appointing Ridsdale, no doubt about that. Do we really want a man with such proven flawed judgement at the heart of our club. I don't and no amount of rose tinted specs or misplaced loyalty will change my mind. My loyalty is with CCFC always.

Martyn, absolutely, those days were fantastic but we move on.......and so should Hammam (and his disciples).........but at the end of the day, all the decisions will be driven by cash and cash only, we, the supporters, are largely irrelevant :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:03 pm

im with you kipper :D

Blazing Saddles wrote:Bored r u Marine Boy!!?? :lol: :ayatollah:

hahahaha marine boy reminded me of my childhood :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqSkY4vtVY

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:im with you kipper :D

Blazing Saddles wrote:Bored r u Marine Boy!!?? :lol: :ayatollah:

hahahaha marine boy reminded me of my childhood :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqSkY4vtVY

How is something from your childhood in colour :shock: :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 pm

cheeky sod :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Gwyn,

You really must stop hiding behind Ridsdale's tenure as a way of avoiding the debate about Hammams equally disasterous time at the helm. Both left this club in an almighty mess, but you seem blind to this with regard to Hammam.

Yes, Hammam did some good with our club BUT he did it all with borrowed money. He has left us with a debt that hangs ominously above our heads. He wildy overspent on all aspects of running our club, including taking vast "expenses" so please stop peddling the lie that Hammam never benefitted financially from his time at our club.

You mention using the money made from selling the players that Hammam bought to the club. Have you any idea how much these players cost? There's some excellent posts on CCMB this evening if you want to check the details.

Sadly, the last two paragrahs in your post rather sum you up.

Anyway, off to get my butler to tune the wireless to Classic FM whilst he sets up some Pathe newsreel for me to watch and toast good old King George. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 pm

What I dont understand about the money Sam got is this. Some say he borrowed the money. I believe it was through Citi bank. So lets say he left the club after borrowing £30million. So the club owed that money.

Ok, so forward 5 years. Ridsdale claimed he got the debt down to lets say £15 million. £800K monthly plus lump sum of £10 million come December 2010. So £15 million has been written off the debt.

If Sam borrowed £30m and by the end of this year we have paid back £15m, that £15m gone. Now if Sam borrowed that money he will have to pay it back. I mean lets say it was the Citi bank, they are not going to let Sam off are they. I mean who did Ridsdale renegotiate the debt with? Did Sam say I'll knock £15m off because if he did then I would say the Citi bank would say fair enough but you Sam will pay the £15m shortfall.

So if the money was borrowed by Sam as some people claim, what right has Sam got to reduce the debt?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 am

So a football club cost an investment of £30 mil in 5 years and in those 5 years the team was transformed from a struggling League 2 outfit to a team that was top of the Championship for a few months , an acadamy was developed and new a stadium succesfully went thru all the planning stages . More money was needed to run the club and continue with the stadium planning and proposed new build as a result Earnie was sold BUT CCFC simply didnt have enough so Black Friday came and players were sold just to keep the Club afloat . The stadium project needed new leadership and a man who disgraced football by nearly taking 2 clubs to the wall was handed a 2nd chance back into a football club whereas the rest of the UK didnt want to know him , then a snag hit the planning stage resulting in the current Club owner / chairman having to step down and resign in order for the stadium to get the green light . CCFC were TOP of the league when this event occured and eventually finished about 13th in the League after opening up a 9 point gap at the top plus a new chairman stepped forward and the rest as they say is history !

Now the person who invested the £30 mil knew that with a new stadium etc then that money could and would be slowly be reduced , what the fans didnt know was that it was infact a loan which was called in a few years later . This money as yet to be paid to anybody BUT CCFC are still in the financial mire due to the poor running of the Club by the self appointed chairman and HIS board of directors and creditors each day come out of the woodwork demanding owed money and HRMC have taken the Club court and even wages have not been paid on time ! Now it has been said on here that CCFC are suffering under the legacy of Sam but how can they because the Langston money hasnt been paid .............. football clubs can not be self funding these day and investors , directors and shareholders pumping money into the clubs is the only way to survive .

TG is the current chairman and has also invested heavily JUST to keep the Club afloat and he is well aware that its the last 5 years and not the 5 before that have put CCFC into this position PLUS he knows a lot needs to be done just to get the Club through Christmas and keep the fans and DJ happy with new players . So if he can reduce existing debt and secure new investment , with or without Sam , and take the Club forward then he gets my vote ! TG also needs to get the Boardroom pulling togethor in 1 direction which at the mo they clearly are not and the new CEO needs to work closely with the football minded people on the Board and not fight against then in order for his potential to grow , otherwise his position will be questioned .

1 last thing is I asked CCFC why vuvuzelas had been banned and I was told that " musical instruments are not allowed into the CCS seating areas " .................. hardly an istrument I told them that South Wales is hardly a hot bed for distinguished and talented harmonious horn blowers . But got no reply :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 am

No we don't want Sam back. Buy your own ice creams.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am

Dudders wrote:No we don't want Sam back. Buy your own ice creams.

1 question then Dudders are you happy to let the Malaysians complete their very slow turnaround of CCFC over the next 4 or 5 seasons even if it means relegation in order to stabalize the Club or would u like NEW and QUICK investment in to allow CCFC to try and push for promotion this season ? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

1 question then Dudders are you happy to let the Malaysians complete their very slow turnaround of CCFC over the next 4 or 5 seasons even if it means relegation in order to stabalize the Club or would u like NEW and QUICK investment in to allow CCFC to try and push for promotion this season ? :ayatollah:

Martyn

I think all fans would like the money to come in ASAP so that we can once and for all stop fretting about financial matters (it even gets on the nerves of boring old accountants like me :D :old: ).

But , personally I am far from sure that Sam has such money to put in other than by borrowing it (not a path we want to go down again surely?).

He keeps dropping hints , through this board , of having £12m ready and waiting. But , if such cash was available , why didn`t he take an easily available route and buy up shares through his company Rudgwick when they were available to existing shareholders just a few weeks ago? He could have bought up to £1.7m worth , which would have given him a very substantial shareholding , but chose not to (or couldn`t?).

If I were TG at the meeting he had with Sam , I would have asked Sam for proof that he actually had the money he was boasting about. I suspect , like on several occasions when asked a similar question in the past regarding the stadium build , he would bluster , rant and rave , but actually fail to do so.

Keith

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:16 am

Keith, I have a question for you. Whether you have ever been privvy to such information in the past, I don't know, but people keep talking about the fact that Sam put his own money in and never took any out, unlike Ridsdale. But, the initial takeover money aside, how much did he actually put in? I have a feeling none, and that is why Langston's debt is so high, and the figure of £12m he keeps bandieing around is actually money borrowed he could, conceivably, put against the club. Am I right?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:

Would you like to see us get to the Premiership and then move to Milton Keynes and get relegated three divisions? Thats what Sam does.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

How does Sam get a club moved to Milton Keynes and then relegated 3 divisions? If you're referring to Wimbledon, he didn't do this, he was long gone when that happened. What he does is announce grandgestures for a new ground, find his schemes cannot work then bails after overseeing monstrous financial mismanagement

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

i would like to see passion back at the club, and not people like gethin.

sam's time was great, never met him, never had and ice cream wth him, never thought about him while playing with myself.

would just love to see him back, as cardiff city needs some energy back......

but only back in a role that means he has no control over money............otherwise id say NO TO SAM!!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Isn't a manager meant to inject passion into a club, not a person in a director role. I realise that, with Jones, passion isn't high on the agenda, but I remember reading his autobiography and how exasperated he used to get with sam and his 'passion'

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 pm

we both know dave jones has as much passion as a dead toad :lol: