Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOOD ON JOHN HARTSON....

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:44 pm

a year today he got diagnosed with cancer,
i dont agree with the palava that surrounds celebrities when they are ill, as normal people suffer in silence and go through the same on a daily basis.

but hartson is doing a lot to raise awareness and lots of charity work and fair play i say!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: GOOD ON JOHN HARTSON....

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 pm

milly44 wrote:a year today he got diagnosed with cancer,
i dont agree with the palava that surrounds celebrities when they are ill, as normal people suffer in silence and go through the same on a daily basis.

but hartson is doing a lot to raise awareness and lots of charity work and fair play i say!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

you should follow him on twitter...he alwys tweets his followers...even me :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 pm

if it raises awareness then any publicity is welcome.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

A year to the day of his diagnosis, and he was off on a charity walk up Ben Nevis.

Well done Big John!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepag ... tment.html

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:41 pm

When it comes to things like this, you put your rivalry aside and focus on the important things and hope to God they make it through whatever situation they're in.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 pm

john hartson is a really nice guy

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm

earnieblue wrote:john hartson is a really nice guy
yeah, really nice, 14 months ago he was pestering my misses for a date where she works down cardiff , while his pregnant misses was at home :evil: he's still a jack b*stard :evil:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:45 pm

evil c wrote:
earnieblue wrote:john hartson is a really nice guy
yeah, really nice, 14 months ago he was pestering my misses for a date where she works down cardiff , while his pregnant misses was at home :evil: he's still a jack b*stard :evil:

[b]lol that made me laugh. jack b*stard :lol: :twisted: [/b]

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:09 pm

I was one of thousands who gave him stick when he came to the City with WBA, do i regret it ? NO That was football that was banter was it over the top ? Of cause it was!! But to be funny it has to be but as i said that was banter. Big John is a Jack a proud Jack do i have a problem with that ? NO never have never will. Did i support him when he played for Wales ? YES i did always. When i heard he had cancer i was shocked but because he was such a big man and a fighter if anyone could beat it it was John. When i heard he was in the clear i was as pleased as punch because he is a decent man. If in the same position again would i dish out the abuse again. Hell yeah :lol: :lol: with added on top and the end of the day he is a Jack.
Good on you big man and keep up the good charity work. :D :D :D