Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What are your feelings towards Ledley ??

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:53 pm

I mean i suppose you could be angry.
But lets not forget the things he has done for the club.

In saying that, the only thing that irritates me is that he sold out cos we never we got to the prem .

Re: What are your feelings towards Ledley ??

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:I mean i suppose you could be angry.

In saying that, the only thing that irritates me is that he sold out cos we never we got to the prem .

Who? :D

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 pm

I have always been a fan of joe and still am.he has put himself and his family first(and i respect that)joe was shit on by our club and i wish the guy all the best how many of us if honest dont put family first :?: none i expect.GOOD LUCK JOE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:09 pm

hey the man makes his own choices, good luck to him i say :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 pm

OK, so say we had won the Playoff Final, we would have recieved a cash boost and may have been able to offer Joe a new deal to keep him at his hometown club to play in the Prem (and we wouldn't even be thinking about this sort of thing), BUT we didn't, so have to accept his decision to walk away when he had the chance. I'm slightly biased as I support Celtic as well as City, so am personally happy he has chosen the green and white hoops ahead of Stoke.

If you want to be angry at anyone, it should be the club. They have had numerous cash offers for Joe, which they could (and maybe should) have accepted. £6m from Stoke after the FA Cup Final, £4m from Everton last summer to name but a couple. It would have been great to get something for him rather than see him walk away for nowt, but Celtic took their chance and got their man.

I for one wish Joe well in the SPL, and hope he can be an integral part of bringing the title back to Celtic. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 am

I wish him only the best, feel sad he left us. Pity our club couldnt get it sorted, I blame the club for the mess, not Joe....

and I am absolutely appalled by some reaction of some of our "fans" towards Joe. FFS the media makes up stories, rumors and fairytales and a lot of people seem to take every word for granted what they read in the papers... he WANTED to stay at our club, but he had so much sh1t from them and almost everyone joined in slaggin him off cos he didnt sign a new contract....when there was no contract offered by the club!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 am

the more I think about it the more I think his agent is a total wanker intent on lining his own pocket!! Its obvious isnt it that Ledley's contract ran out enabling any new club to offer a larger salary and a larger signing on fee because there was no huge transfer fee payable , then the agent takes a cut of both the fee and the wages . The link on a diff post here from the Echo story dated Dec 2008 quotes the agent as saying that Ledley will prob run down the remaining 18 months of his contract and leave on a free ! Any offer Cardiff were prepared to ofer obviously wasnt suitable to the agent so it was ignored and Ledley saying he wanted Prem League football was just a smoke screen to keep the CCFC fans happy .

I dont understand why the Stoke transfer and offer of £6 mil wasnt taken last time around coz Riddler would have taken the cash and Ledley could have played in the Prem like he stated ? Then I dont understand why the Stoke deal fell thru now , we are blaming CCFC and Jenkins BUT maybe they were looking out for the best interests of CCFC whereas Ledley and his agent were just on the take !! Joe was either ignorant to this and used OR he knew and goes down in my estimation .

As they say on Big Brother ................ YOU DECIDE ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:53 am

joe did not have to listen to his agent,i feel he moved for the wrong reasons to the WRONG club in the WRONG league,i think joe knows he may of struggled in the prem league,maybe he will now never find out,all the best to the lad,but for me he has messed his so called dream move up!is loovens a better player, sought after by loads of clubs after a spl switch....NO-i think joe will be in the same boat

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 am

Agents lead players into decision making so why did Ledley take so long to finally decide NOT to sign on at CCFC ? 18 months is long enough and CCFC offered him something tidy which may or may not have been later withdrawn , we shall never know . As for a move to SPL then ur dead right there it hasnt made Loovens any better when compared to Roger Johnson and you just have to look at the current Middlesboro squad for proof that Celtic / Rangers and the SPL is of a similar standard to the Championship ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:19 am

I'm disappointed he left but I can't blame him for taking the best deal on offer to him. It's not greed, it's doing what's best for him and his family over what is a very short career. I hate the way some of our fans are behaving towards him. OK, so everyone's got an opinion, which is fair enough and I will never knock anyione for that, but he served this club well, he hasn't broken any contracts and he has not, contrary to popular belief, stitched us up

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 am

It was the only deal if u believe the rumours and best of luck to him , but I think the greediness of his agent MAY have cost him a move to the Prem League and also cost him his place at CCFC .

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:32 am

Im annoyed wit his agent Dave Baldwin more than Joe

He advised him to run down his contract 18 months ago
Evil Bstud

He should have a life ban from the stadium

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 am

I'm disappointed with Joe. Seems to me he could have signed a contract which allowed him plenty of freedom to move and at least we would have got something for him. Probably his agent is the most guilty one but how the club managed to let a valuable player slip away for nothing is a scandal really. Didn't Ridders used to say we had £22m of player assets? This shows that you can't bank on getting anything for any of them.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 am

Joe Ledley gave our club over 250 first team appearances and 30 goals at a cost of £5k p/w in wages which isn't excessive at Championship level.

He personally didn't get the club into a financial mess so it's not his responsiblity to clear it up by taking less money to join Stoke rather than Celtic.

As he has pointed out in the Echo this morning the club had offers from Stoke and Wigan previously which they rejected so he can hardly be held responsible for the fact his contract ran down and he became a free agent able to move any where he liked.

I say good luck to the lad, although from a footballing perspective he should have gone to the premier league IMO.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 am

Joe done what he believes is right for him and his family.GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD.AND THEM f*cking IDIOTS ON FACE BOOK NEED TO TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THEM SELVES FOR THE ABUSE SOME OF THEM HAVE GIVEN JOE.ILL BET HLAF THE WANKERS HAVE NEVER WATCHED CITY AND JOE PLAY.SAD BASTARDS.RANT OVER :D

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:I'm disappointed with Joe. Seems to me he could have signed a contract which allowed him plenty of freedom to move and at least we would have got something for him. Probably his agent is the most guilty one but how the club managed to let a valuable player slip away for nothing is a scandal really. Didn't Ridders used to say we had £22m of player assets? This shows that you can't bank on getting anything for any of them.

I don't want to defend the club, but I believe there were 2 offers for Ledley. One was for £6m from Stoke and another was for £4m from Wigan.

The Stoke offer came after we had already sold Aaron Ramsey and Glen Loovens for a combined £6.5m (approx). The offer also came on the final day of the transfer window in August 2008.

So how would we as fans have reacted if Joe had been sold then after we had already lost 2 crown jewels and with no time to sign a replacement? Would there have been streams of posts on MB's saying how glad we all were because it stopped Ledley running down his contract in 2 years time?

The Wigan offer I think came in January (although I stand to be corrected). How would a sale in January have been received? Remember that was at the height of the golden ticket fiasco and the revelation we were under a transfer embargo. Also if Ledley had been sold and we didn't make the play-offs, what and who would have got the blame?

The club are not innocent but there is a case they were victims of circumstances with regard to Ledley.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:04 pm

I hate the little twerp :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:30 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:I mean i suppose you could be angry.

still like him, good luck joe :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Its not Ledleys fault, he wanted to earn a lot more money and set himself up for life. It was a crap bit of business by Cardiff City for not selling him for 6 million.
:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I'm disappointed he left but I can't blame him for taking the best deal on offer to him. It's not greed, it's doing what's best for him and his family over what is a very short career. I hate the way some of our fans are behaving towards him. OK, so everyone's got an opinion, which is fair enough and I will never knock anyione for that, but he served this club well, he hasn't broken any contracts and he has not, contrary to popular belief, stitched us up

Absolutley spot on.

JBBJ