Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SAM and TG Meeting News

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 am

I made a grammatical error, very unusual for me :oops:

However, I stick to my assertions in my original post.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:06 am

Claude Blue wrote:Is that an "exclusive" then Carl?

You have no idea about what was said or discussed at the meeting have you?

There is no "news" in what you posted,so why did you bother?

Oh sorry, they got on well, respect each other, etc.

How nice that Hammam's close friends i.e. you and Annis have agreed not to disclose the contents of the meeting!!!

Or rather, how convenient because you don't know, do you?

Claude, you are doing yourself and your cause no good with posts like this, I like some of your alternate views and it can lead t healthy debate, but what is the point of this.

What sort of message would it send out to TG if his business dealings were being spread over message boards within minutes of the meeting concluding.
As far as I'm concerned Sam and TG meeting for talks that will have a baring on our club's future is news to me and many others I would think.

I consider myself as a close friend of Sam's but wouldn't expect to be privy to such information and are you implying that any of us would be expected to know such information, I for one am quite happy to hear the details when everything is completed, as I have said before I don't care if it's second or third hand info as long as it's the truth and hopefully helps our club.

Personally I would hate to be told something that was earth shattering and then be asked to keep it quiet,if I read something on here then I wouldn't take it as fact until it's been confirmed,it's like that embargo thing, I was confident the club would tell us about it sooner or later even if it took them three months after the last one to do it and well after they had used or money under false pretences, surely they wouldn't keep such details from us a second time would they.

Claude breaks an exclusive, Sam's inner circle of friends aren't really that close because he hasn't told them all the details about what went on in a business meeting with TG.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am

Looks like Sam has made a tidy offer

Pay off in instalments instead of 10 million Lump sum fora return on football side of things.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26858675/

Chan may be tempted --The Malaysians arent excctly looking like they want to spend big money. They would have little to lose.

Sam may be coming back

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:20 am

I wonder what DJ'S view is on the return of the Sam?On a positive side ...the Riddler goes at the end of the month! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:22 am

do we know that is the correct story tho or is the Echo just summizing and repeating the thoughts and conclusions from the members on here ?? Its obvious they met , obvious that the Langston money will be repaid this year and obvious Sam wants to negotiate for a position within the Club . TG doesnt like facts going public and Im sure we will ALL know what happened or happens when both him and Sam are ready to tell us :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:24 am

Gwyn,

My point is as it's always been.

You who are close to Hammam are privy to certain snippets of information and over the past few months you have done Hammams dirty work for him. Because of this we mere mortals only get one side of the "story" and often this is only part truths anyway.

The problem is is revealing parts of rather biased information worthwhile?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 am

Claude Blue wrote:Gwyn,

You who are close to Hammam are privy to certain snippets of information and over the past few months you have done Hammams dirty work for him. Because of this we mere mortals only get one side of the "story" and often this is only part truths anyway.

Surely it is up to the individual to decide if any information is worthwhile? You might consider Carl's information biased dirty work on behalf of Sam Hammam, I might consider it brilliant news that I have been longing for but unless Carl tells us (when he is able) then we can't possibly judge.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 am

and is it counter productive releasing this info at times? and has it pissed off TG enough for him to consider pulling stumps. Too much more of it and I suggest that very well may occur, then where would we be? Time to put the lid on it all and let them negotiate I think.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am

ihatealiens wrote:

and is it counter productive releasing this info at times? and has it pissed off TG enough for him to consider pulling stumps. Too much more of it and I suggest that very well may occur, then where would we be? Time to put the lid on it all and let them negotiate I think.

Aliens just to be annoying havent you just released private info about TG? I didn't know he was so pissed off he was considering pulling out, but now I do because you have published it on AAMB (Another exclusive ;) )

I'm not having ago but it is easy to see how things can soon get out of hand and before long fellow posters might start accusing you of doing TG's dirty work :shock:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am

Claude Blue wrote:I made a grammatical error, very unusual for me :oops:

However, I stick to my assertions in my original post.

Yet you can't answer my question because no one has actually been wrong in this thread, or have anything to admit :roll:
Maybe you should answer the question so that I might not be so blind anymore :roll:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 am

Claire its the blind leading the blind by the looks :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 am

Claude Blue wrote:Is that an "exclusive" then Carl?

You have no idea about what was said or discussed at the meeting have you?

Your correct he has no idea, bar the little tit bits that Sam releases for his own ends.

There is no "news" in what you posted,so why did you bother?

Oh sorry, they got on well, respect each other, etc.

How nice that Hammam's close friends i.e. you and Annis have agreed not to disclose the contents of the meeting!!!

Maybe , just maybe they have at long last taken heed of what TG said to them? Just in case this was missed on here, "I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving." Personally I like the self serving bit.
Or rather, how convenient because you don't know, do you?

Basically Claude your correct, there is no news in that post and if there were any, it was pretty bland and easily missed. As with all supporters though I hope TG comes to some arrangment with LangSam asap so the club can plan and move forward in the comming season.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:52 am

carlccfc wrote:Sam and TG got on very well, it was a positive meeting for both sides and they respect each other, they are glad they have met and have been able to discuss the business, Sam has great admiration for TG and is happy that TG is an honourable man, the meeting was a tiring one that lasted for many hours.

Sam and TG are very happy that close friends of Sam's have kept certain information private and they wish that this will remain the case. Nothing has been finalised today so there will be more communication between them, but as I have said many times before it is very good news that these men have met for the good of Cardiff City Football Club.

thanks for passing on the news carl.
hopefully the first step in the right direction for cardiff city :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

Aliens just to be annoying havent you just released private info about TG? I didn't know he was so pissed off he was considering pulling out, but now I do because you have published it on AAMB (Another exclusive ;) )

I'm not having ago but it is easy to see how things can soon get out of hand and before long fellow posters might start accusing you of doing TG's dirty work :shock:

No Tony it's not private opinion (Tg is far too honourable a man to be releasing information about any meetings via any football forum) it's just a personal opinion of mine that people need to calm down and let them negotiate in peace. Whatever happens will happen. It is also only a personal opinion (I have been trying to put myself in his shoes and wondering how I would feel and) that I believe he may consider pulling out after all he has continually asked for calm and patience and theres not a lot of it around at the moment. Whatever happens that is for the betterment (if there is such a word :lol: ) of Cardiff City then I am all for it. It's just a personal opinion that all this speculation could be very damaging to our club.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 am

Claire wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Hence the word exclusive is in itallics!!!!!!!

Why ask if it's an "exclusive" when Carl hasn't said it is :roll: :roll: :roll: Boring

because quite often he posts the words exclusive when in fact they are anything but.

to be fair, its pretty much a non post that adds nothing. what i want to know is that when information relates to others it is ok to post, but when it relates to Sam Hammam we have to respect privacy? surely we must be consistent in the rules that are applied.

for reference, you cannot copyright anything on a publicly accessible internet forum. posting on a forum implies the copyright licence is irrevocable and may be used elsewhere. the only aspcet of copyright applicable is the amendment of original posts without the express permission of the poster, to do so constitutes copyright infringement.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am

Claire wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:I'm big enough to admit when i make a mistake.

Will others?!!

oooooooooooooh get your handbag out Claude!
Is anyone else actually wrong/made a mistake in this thread? If not, no one needs to admit to anything.

who says claude was referring strictly to this thread

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:19 am

Feedback wrote:
Claire wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:I'm big enough to admit when i make a mistake.

Will others?!!

oooooooooooooh get your handbag out Claude!
Is anyone else actually wrong/made a mistake in this thread? If not, no one needs to admit to anything.

who says claude was referring strictly to this thread

He blatantly wasn't referring to this thread, but where was the need to bring any other threads into it??

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:20 am

Mafor wrote:Looks like Sam has made a tidy offer

Pay off in instalments instead of 10 million Lump sum fora return on football side of things.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26858675/

Chan may be tempted --The Malaysians arent excctly looking like they want to spend big money. They would have little to lose.

Sam may be coming back

I'd rather they paid the lump sum to be honest. i'm sure the malaysians thought of every eventaulity when they bought in to the club and did not just bank on us winning promotion.

you really should never go backwards, Sam started the ball rolling, without a doubt, but the rest is historty, we ahve moved on significantly since that time as a club and we are now a much bigger business proposition that we need to court the likes of VT and TG.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am

Feedback wrote:
Claire wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Hence the word exclusive is in itallics!!!!!!!

Why ask if it's an "exclusive" when Carl hasn't said it is :roll: :roll: :roll: Boring

because quite often he posts the words exclusive when in fact they are anything but.

to be fair, its pretty much a non post that adds nothing. what i want to know is that when information relates to others it is ok to post, but when it relates to Sam Hammam we have to respect privacy? surely we must be consistent in the rules that are applied.

for reference, you cannot copyright anything on a publicly accessible internet forum. posting on a forum implies the copyright licence is irrevocable and may be used elsewhere. the only aspcet of copyright applicable is the amendment of original posts without the express permission of the poster, to do so constitutes copyright infringement.

But he didn't say this was an exclusive!!! :roll:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am

Claire wrote:
He blatantly wasn't referring to this thread, but where was the need to bring any other threads into it??

so munificence and humility is restricted to just this thread is it?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:22 am

Claire wrote:But he didn't say this was an exclusive!!! :roll:
ever heard the expression 'tongue in cheek?'

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:26 am

Feedback wrote:
Claire wrote:

He didn't like being in the wrong, so had to have a dig at others to make himself feel better!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:28 am

Claire wrote:
Feedback wrote:
Claire wrote:

He didn't like being in the wrong, so had to have a dig at others to make himself feel better!
its quite amazing that the enmity towards Claude Blue is so vitriolic, I wonder if others when they post their fairy stories will also ge the same treatment.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:33 am

Feedback wrote:
Claire wrote:
Feedback wrote:

its quite amazing that the enmity towards Claude Blue is so vitriolic, I wonder if others when they post their fairy stories will also ge the same treatment.

Am I wrong? NO!!!! :lol:
I wonder if you will stick up for others that are proven to be in the wrong?? :roll:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 am

Only wrong in the grammatical sense, for which I have apologised.

Mind you, if every poster had to apologise for every grammatical or spelling mistake well, there'd be an awful lot of apologising going on!!! Starting with a rather infamous author :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I stand by my original post. Carl had nothing to report. A pointless post.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:39 am

Claude Blue wrote:Only wrong in the grammatical sense, for which I have apologised.

Mind you, if every poster had to apologise for every grammatical or spelling mistake well, there'd be an awful lot of apologising going on!!! Starting with a rather infamous author :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I stand by my original post. Carl had nothing to report. A pointless post.

I only brought up your grammatical error because you tried (and failed!) to make me look an idiot. :roll:
Again you have avoided the question as to who else is wrong in this thread.
Please don't call me blind if you are unwilling to show me how.
As for pointles posts, maybe you should start looking a little closer to home.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:40 am

Claire wrote:Am I wrong? NO!!!! :lol:
I wonder if you will stick up for others that are proven to be in the wrong?? :roll:

I'm not sticking up for Claude who is more than capable of taking care of him/herself on here.

I am merely pointing out that what was said about 'Exclusive', given the repeated use of the word, was said tongue in cheek, it was really quite obvious.

following that there was a dick waving exercise (excuse the analogy) whereby it was all about Claude you were wrong, I was right. rather blaise in all honesty.

As a fan i really couldn't care if SH came back or not, i go to support the team, I have no interest in the petty politics that folows this football club. as someone who understands business I'd say having SH back would be a retrograde step and not good for the club at all.

in the best interest of all concerned i think the only contact between fans and the club should be via the trust - thats it, nothing else.
Last edited by Feedback on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:42 am

picking up typos and grammar on an internet forum is the mark of a weak argument.

claire I've said it before I'm sure Claude was referrig to other posts and not just this one regarding posters ability to show humility.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:43 am

Yet another thread hijacked by Gethin sorry Claude Blue and his cronies who work at the CCS.Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 8-)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am

kavanagh wrote:Yet another thread hijacked by Gethin sorry Claude Blue and his cronies who work at the CCS.Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 8-)

a very mature and interesting post that has added to this thread somewhat