Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question for you regards todays meeting

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:11 pm

What would you propose to TG if you wanted to get back into the football club?

Re: Question for you regards todays meeting

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

I assume Sam's asking for equity in return for reducing the debt, so it's never gonna happen. Sam is owed enough to be the biggest shareholder. PMG will not allow it especially when Sam's debt is not secured and theirs is.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Are you all stuck? :idea:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:21 pm

What would you do Steve? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:21 pm

TG be chairman with sam chief exec replacing the egg chaser???

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 pm

The Welshgirl wrote:What would you do Steve? :ayatollah:

I think anyone who wants to own a football club is raving bonkers especially anywhere less than the Premeirship. :lol:

But i think what i would do is offer a large sum of investment of say 10 million , and if possible reduce the loan notes scenerio to a far far longer term to say 15 years instead of the required sum by Dec. That would be a massive tempting offer that i would hope couldnt be refused as it massively helps the cash flow and reduces the debt in a long way over a long term.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:TG be chairman with sam chief exec replacing the egg chaser???

What Wilts by making the egg chasers a cup of tea?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:TG be chairman with sam chief exec replacing the egg chaser???

Sam would then have to take someone on to do the admin for him (like Temme).

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Daya wrote:

I think anyone who wants to own a football club is raving bonkers especially anywhere less than the Premeirship. :lol:

But i think what i would do is offer a large sum of investment of say 10 million , and if possible reduce the loan notes scenerio to a far far longer term to say 15 years instead of the required sum by Dec. That would be a massive tempting offer that i would hope couldnt be refused as it massively helps the cash flow and reduces the debt in a long way over a long term.

That would be a tempting offer but would Sam return in any kind of paid capacity? I would personally give him a job as head of the football side and pay him incentive bonuses instead of a salary.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Daya wrote:

If he hasn't got money to put in....Offer to turn the loan notes partly into shares. Say £5m worth of them, ask for £3m pay-off and write the rest off. Gets Sh a place on the board .. personally I don't think this would work given the personalities involved.

This leaves the club free to look for alternative funding without the spectre of a £10-£15 or £24m potential vulnerability to Langstone. I'm sure TG could find funders in that circumastance.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Tim, i think my idea would be more tempting, especially as the langston thing turns to 24mill in dec again. The club gets an initial " windfall" which is obviously badly needed , the reduction of the 10 mill due in dec spread over many years, especially if Langston is someone else too ( cough cough Ron Noades Cough) and they are in agreement. That i reckon would be more tempting to TG and others. PMG may then smell their money back quickly too.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Daya wrote:Tim, i think my idea would be more tempting, especially as the langston thing turns to 24mill in dec again. The club gets an initial " windfall" which is obviously badly needed , the reduction of the 10 mill due in dec spread over many years, especially if Langston is someone else too ( cough cough Ron Noades Cough) and they are in agreement. That i reckon would be more tempting to TG and others. PMG may then smell their money back quickly too.

AYe, but you had £10m to play with. :lol:

I was assuming Sam didn't have any cash to bring to the table.

But you have also hit on another issue, which I've brought up previously PMG and others (Borley and Isaacs for a start) owed money from the club would be piling the pressure on to get their investments out if Sam came on board.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Daya wrote:Tim, i think my idea would be more tempting, especially as the langston thing turns to 24mill in dec again. The club gets an initial " windfall" which is obviously badly needed , the reduction of the 10 mill due in dec spread over many years, especially if Langston is someone else too ( cough cough Ron Noades Cough) and they are in agreement. That i reckon would be more tempting to TG and others. PMG may then smell their money back quickly too.

AYe, but you had £10m to play with. :lol:

I was assuming Sam didn't have any cash to bring to the table.

But you have also hit on another issue, which I've brought up previously PMG and others (Borley and Isaacs for a start) owed money from the club would be piling the pressure on to get their investments out if Sam came on board.

I think MI would welcome him back, PMG could see it as an opportunity to bail and grab as much of the 10 mill as poss, and SB would have a heart attack.

According to the eggo and other posters who met him on here- i think they said they were told 12 mill was available?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 pm

"Can I come back. Pretty please?"

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 pm

How much do we owe pmg any ideas i thought it was 12 million.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:13 pm

birchblue wrote:How much do we owe pmg any ideas i thought it was 12 million.

Not sure mate but i thought about 8/9 maybe keith/since62 could clarify?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 pm

[Daya"]["The Welshgirl"]What would you do Steve? :ayatollah:

But i think what i would do is offer a large sum of investment of say 10 million , and if possible reduce the loan notes scenerio to a far far longer term to say 15 years instead of the required sum by Dec. That would be a massive tempting offer that i would hope couldnt be refused as it massively helps the cash flow and reduces the debt in a long way over a long term.[/quote]
but if your a billionaire steve whats 10 million by dec 31st

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:24 pm

steve davies wrote:[Daya"]["The Welshgirl"]What would you do Steve? :ayatollah:

but if your a billionaire steve whats 10 million by dec 31st[/quote]

True Steve, but thats what you would do to test the situation wouldnt you regards the commitment if you wanted back in?

Also If i was a billionaire - the embargo would be lifted straight away, the Manager would have money to spend on some decent players too, thats if i was fully commited of course to going it alone. Feck being Frugal if i was a billionaire - but there again i aint!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Also if i was a billionaire , i would offer Ronnie woops i mean Langstone 8 mill today to bugger off straight away and save another 2 mill. Wouldnt you , anyway i heard you were a billionaire so hows it feel?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Daya wrote:Also if i was a billionaire , i would offer Ronnie woops i mean Langstone 8 mill today to bugger off straight away and save another 2 mill. Wouldnt you , anyway i heard you were a billionaire so hows it feel?

Aye me too.

As for Ronnie... is that Ronnie Biggs, no wonder Sam didnt want to divulge who Langston were :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Daya wrote:Also if i was a billionaire , i would offer Ronnie woops i mean Langstone 8 mill today to bugger off straight away and save another 2 mill. Wouldnt you , anyway i heard you were a billionaire so hows it feel?

Aye me too.

As for Ronnie... is that Ronnie Biggs, no wonder Sam didnt want to divulge who Langston were :lol:

I think most billionaires would, saving millions helps you become a billionaire!

As for Ronnie lol " going down to Rio going to Brazil" great track!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:12 pm

["Daya"]["steve davies"][Daya"]["The Welshgirl"]What would you do Steve? :ayatollah:

But i think what i would do is offer a large sum of investment of say 10 million , and if possible reduce the loan notes scenerio to a far far longer term to say 15 years instead of the required sum by Dec. That would be a massive tempting offer that i would hope couldnt be refused as it massively helps the cash flow and reduces the debt in a long way over a long te
but if your a billionaire steve whats 10 million by dec 31st

True Steve, but thats what you would do to test the situation wouldnt you regards the commitment if you wanted back in?

Also If i was a billionaire - the embargo would be lifted straight away, the Manager would have money to spend on some decent players too, thats if i was fully commited of course to going it alone. Feck being Frugal if i was a billionaire - but there again i aint![/quote]

but these people dont become billionaires by chucking their money around willy nilly steve
if the malaysians are still pressurising all parties into reducing their debts further they wouldent be able to take that approach having just brought bellamy in on 80k a week.
with regards to the embargo who is under more pressure the malaysians or are the creditors looking in beginning to sweat.
if you were owed 700k and the malaysians offered you £500k in one payment tomorrow i think under the present climate you might bite their hand off
several ways to skin a cat

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Steve, i understand where you are coming from i really do, but how many creditors are they trying to squeeze exactly, do you think its right to squeeze those who had agreed a " price" and just because of non repayment due to peters promises they deserve to be squeezed especially local businesses who have through loyalty given shall we say extended credit to the club.

As for major creditors like langston, why did they not make an offer like that today? As per earlier example.

SH certaintly sounded upbeat tonight and not someone squeezed for sure. Sounded more like someone who had made a counter offer and felt it was well received.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Another question Steve in your role of playing Billionaire, after promising your Manager 2 million for players, would you not clear the embargo as well as give him the money promised?