Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRUST POSITION STATEMENT

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Firstly I would like to apologise to Mike Roderick if my post on Monday evening put him in a difficult position yesterday and also to the Trust Board for the controversy that unfolded. I'm delighted that Mike has stayed on in his position as he is a good guy and a valuable member of the Trust board who will do a great job.

When I posted, I honestly believed that I had been given a genuine offer from the Trust and that they were awaiting my response. I was not given the impression that it was in any way private conversation and I also indicated that I will speak to friends about it, if it had been made clear to me that this was ' off the record ' then it would never have appeared on this messageboard before going back to Mike but I apologise for any embarrassment caused.

Despite what many people think, I support the Trust as do many other members on AA's message board, we all want the Trust to succeed and grow and support our football club. I am not actively looking to become a member of the Trusts Board but if the Trust Board think that I can help them, then I would of course be willing to lend my support if its in the interests of Cardiff City FC.

Those who have spoken to me in the past will know that it has been one of my aims to unite members of both message boards for the good of our club. I think Mike thought that offering me a place may have helped do this and I honestly believe that he acted in good faith. I hope this clears up concerns people have raised about my involvement thruogh this episode and resolves the matter.

Re: TRUST POSITION STATEMENT

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:Firstly I would like to apologise to Mike Roderick if my post on Monday evening put him in a difficult position yesterday and also to the Trust Board for the controversy that unfolded. I'm delighted that Mike has stayed on in his position as he is a good guy and a valuable member of the Trust board who will do a great job.

When I posted, I honestly believed that I had been given a genuine offer from the Trust and that they were awaiting my response. I was not given the impression that it was in any way private conversation and I also indicated that I will speak to friends about it, if it had been made clear to me that this was ' off the record ' then it would never have appeared on this messageboard before going back to Mike but I apologise for any embarrassment caused.

Despite what many people think, I support the Trust as do many other members on AA's message board, we all want the Trust to succeed and grow and support our football club. I am not actively looking to become a member of the Trusts Board but if the Trust Board think that I can help them, then I would of course be willing to lend my support if its in the interests of Cardiff City FC.

Those who have spoken to me in the past will know that it has been one of my aims to unite members of both message boards for the good of our club. I think Mike thought that offering me a place may have helped do this and I honestly believe that he acted in good faith. I hope this clears up concerns people have raised about my involvement thruogh this episode and resolves the matter.

An honest and plausable explanation Carl and fully understand where you and Mike were coming from.

Although the outcome of Mike's idea was unfortunate I do believe that good has come out of it as both this MB and the Trust have learnt lessons and moved on better for the experience.

Personally I would like both AAMB & CCST to become extremely successful and that's why I'm a proud member of both

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Why are the trust concerned about messageboards and squabbles between grown men/ladies hiding behind fictious names on their keyboards? Even the vice chairman today said he was going to change his alias to go back "undercover"

it's quite laughable it really is , these are football forums ffs

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Daya wrote:Why are the trust concerned about messageboards and squabbles between grown men/ladies hiding behind fictious names on their keyboards? Even the vice chairman today said he was going to change his alias to go back "undercover"

it's quite laughable it really is , these are football forums ffs

Uccello Azzurro explained earlier today that the Trust Board was sufferring because twice prominant Trust Board members had made resignation level mistakes on message boards. I can understand the TLG situation which was a complete cock up but I'm still dubious that Mike did anything wrong, but at the end of the day I can understand how they would view these setbacks as avoidable.

There is apparently now going to be a change of tac with the Trust trying to reach out to the vast majority of fans who don't use the 2 main CCFC message boards.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Nicely said Carl, I believe this episode was just a misunderstanding of 2 very good people with the very best of intentions.

Lets all move on now

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:06 pm

The Trust e mailed all its members today saying that they have no current plans to Co Opt anybody onto the board ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:09 pm

it was so much better when we didn't have the internet!

it causes more problems

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Ben wrote:it was so much better when we didn't have the internet!

it causes more problems

before it was just Sam ringing everybody instead :lol: