Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MB Football matches .

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am

Back in the late 70's early 80's when I used to go away with the Adyr Glas supporters sometimes 1 bus would go to an away game early because a supporters football match had been arranged before the main event , older supporters on here may well remember this ?? So now that Jayne has got 2 games against the CCMB up and running whats the thoughts about taking the matches over the border or indeed down West ?? :ayatollah:

Re: MB Football matches .

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 am

we used to on the old rivals , im talking a good few years ago, we played planet low life, bitter and twisted and nearly smashed them :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 am

They tried it with PS a couple of seasons ago. What surprised me was one of the most bitter and twisted Jack on there suggested it. However nothing came of the game although they did arrange quite a few things for it to happen like finding a pitch to play on etc etc.

I watched carefully as they planned this and for one monent thought it would happen. The inevitable happened and it never materialised. Just goes to show how much work is required to get such a game going.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

I played in a few of them games Derby, Watford, Shrewsbury were normally tidy games and ended up having a pint with the opposition afterwards was a good way of making friends with opposing fans.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Sign me up to play ccmb, i cant wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:55 pm

martyn from 2002-2004 the then ccfcsleepinggiant board got a footie team together and played swansea home and away for a few seasons . Even played a tournament up in swindon and down llanrumney university fields against swindon town , Brizzle rovers , city and the jack fans at the same time .When we played the jacks for the first time down the morfa stadium we even had HTV wales cameras turn up and got reported on the local evening news and made some news in the local tabloids like the western mail , echo and evening post to try to build bridges etc

all good fun but alot of organising !

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:martyn from 2002-2004 the then ccfcsleepinggiant board got a footie team together and played swansea home and away for a few seasons . Even played a tournament up in swindon and down llanrumney university fields against swindon town , Brizzle rovers , city and the jack fans at the same time .When we played the jacks for the first time down the morfa stadium we even had HTV wales cameras turn up and got reported on the local evening news and made some news in the local tabloids like the western mail , echo and evening post to try to build bridges etc

i was there :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 pm

i still got the billy aye cup on my mantlepiece ben but still draped in black'n'white ribbons after they beat us down there before we returned the compliments up here down the civil service ground

i think you played a blinder that game too :ayatollah:

still lot's of photo's floating around cyber space on those events

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Ben wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:martyn from 2002-2004 the then ccfcsleepinggiant board got a footie team together and played swansea home and away for a few seasons . Even played a tournament up in swindon and down llanrumney university fields against swindon town , Brizzle rovers , city and the jack fans at the same time .When we played the jacks for the first time down the morfa stadium we even had HTV wales cameras turn up and got reported on the local evening news and made some news in the local tabloids like the western mail , echo and evening post to try to build bridges etc

i was there :ayatollah:

Me too! I even played at the Morfa stadium game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/C ... TOLLAH.jpg

Mozzer, Ben, Ali and a few others in this picture. :ayatollah: