Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"THERE WILL BE A NUMBER OF MEETINGS OVER THE NEXT WEEK

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:04 am

The Malaysians over the next week will be having a number of meetings with numerous creditors etc
Sam and them will prob sit down on a couple of occasions, These meetings will hopefully help our club move forward and like I have said before, whatever The Malaysians decide we should ALL Respect.
There is No inner circle, I have now been a good friend of Sam's for over 10 years, but at the end of the Day All I want is whats Best for CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.

Surely thats what everyone wants, So please no sniping and people saying that only the inner circle know this and that, thats totally Rubbish.
I like the rest of you will only be told the outcome of these meetings, The Malaysians want whats said to be kept between them and Sam and then when everything is decided, WE WILL ALL KNOW :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NOW LETS, LIKE I SAY BACK OUR NEW CHAIRMANS(TG) WISHES, WHATEVER HE DECIDES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "THERE WILL BE A NUMBER OF MEETINGS OVER THE NEXT WEEK

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 am

Fair comment Annis, I think that 99% of fans feel that way, me too, what ever's best for CCFC :thumbup:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 am

Good news and I had an e - mail off TG yesterday and he said that he is plugging away slowly at 5 years of CCFC debt and its going to take time and to keep the faith ! Annis most of us know you and 1 or 2 others are good friends of Sam and NOT an inner circle as some put it and if Sam tells you stuff then its at his and your discretion and Im sure when the time is right TG will tell us too . Carl always tells us 1st then gets shot down in flames for it then afterwards when its shown he was correct nobody ever says anything ! Im keeping the faith in TG :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:16 am

So what was the outcome of the first meeting? more meetings? :lol: :lol: :lol: come on spill the beans butt let's have the juicy stuff - is he coming back or not? :lol: :lol: :lol: - u can PM me, my lips are sealed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:The Malaysians over the next week will be having a number of meetings with numerous creditors etc
Sam and them will prob sit down on a couple of occasions, These meetings will hopefully help our club move forward and like I have said before, whatever The Malaysians decide we should ALL Respect.
There is No inner circle, I have now been a good friend of Sam's for over 10 years, but at the end of the Day All I want is whats Best for CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.

Surely thats what everyone wants, So please no sniping and people saying that only the inner circle know this and that, thats totally Rubbish.
I like the rest of you will only be told the outcome of these meetings, The Malaysians want whats said to be kept between them and Sam and then when everything is decided, WE WILL ALL KNOW :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NOW LETS, LIKE I SAY BACK OUR NEW CHAIRMANS(TG) WISHES, WHATEVER HE DECIDES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My god, what a meeting they must have had over lunch containing Sam's sheep bollox and the Malaysians delicacy of roasted bull cock :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 am

arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Malaysians over the next week will be having a number of meetings with numerous creditors etc

My god, what a meeting they must have had over lunch containing Sam's sheep bollox and the Malaysians delicacy of roasted bull cock :lol: :lol:

So it was a load of cock & bull then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:38 am

Inner circle, outer circle, the womens circle, frankly who gives a damn. It's just good to know that there are people who are truly passionate about our club.

It's great to get snippets of information from the likes of Carl and Annis as an insight to what is going on at our club.

It is also great to know that if our club need Sam, mainly because what the club still owe him, then an enduring friendship of over 10 years between Sam and Annis etc may mean that he may want to come back to the club and help save the club from the perilous position that it once again finds itself in.

So, keep it going lads and forget the snipers. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:24 am

It seems strange that Sam Hammam and TG have never met before :o

Let's hope they hit it off, form their own version of the inner circle and shoot down the Taffia gangsters inside PMG.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 am

The far east meets the middle east and establish that West is best, dream team off the pitch let's get the dream team on the pitch. Full of hope at the moment and got a good feeling. If they don't need Sam and are happy to deal with things without him then fair play to them, hopefully either way we move forward. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:41 am

To coin a BigGwynram phrase
Is this a fact?

Do you definitly know?

Has it been confirmed?

Do you have proof?

Can you show us the written confirmation?

Who told you this?

Why haven't the club told the Trust first?

Where did you get your information?
lol

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 am

Ive posted this elsewhere but we need to cling to any shred of hope that
TG will get this club going forward.

I am almost heartened that the egg-chasers have shown their true colours. Without
TG's money right now we would go under, and they would have a brand new ground
and the Cardiff Blues waiting to pounce. The council would back them all they way
cos the alternative would be an embarassing white elephant going to rack and ruin.
They would also have the backing of the Welsh Thugby Union.

We're ALL thinking along those lines. Sam Hammam could see this happening years
ago. After last nights meeting, im pretty sure TG can see it too.

S4C, the Western Mail and whopping crowds of 6000ish are not going to get TG or
VT the exposure they're looking for. Cardiff City FOOTBALL CLUB are bigger than
the eggchasers right now, and we're not even playing top flight football

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:00 pm

I can see why Sam and TG would want to keep everything under wraps for now
its common sense. there's a lot of stuff to sort out, some of it may involve
Riddles.

But its obvious that TG and Sam want US the fans to know that they ARE making headway,
that they are moving forward and they DO have a succesful and prosperous future for Cardiff City
at the forefront of these discussions.

To Sams biggest knockers, surely you can see that he doesnt need to meet with TG or
anyone else at the club ever again if he doesnt want to. The court ruling has been made
and if the Club f**k up on repayments then he can set his lawyers on us instead, and we'd
truly be fucked.

I was on the fence about Sam coming back!

Not any more. The egg chasers actually felt panicked enough to make a public statement about
him NOT coming back, just the thought of him sat back in the boardroom making Mike Hall
and Paul Guy cringe gives me full wood!!

More importantly than that. there are very few, if any, "Chairmen" types in Britain who know
more about the game than him. Its his PASSION. lets get him back on board to run the FOOTBALL
side of things.

The day we finally get to the Premiership i confess right now I'll probably have a little cry. Does
anyone here doubt that that daft little loony wouldnt be the same? and theyd be genuine tears too!!

In the words of Karen Matthews

"Come 'ooooome Sam, just come 'ooooooome" :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:50 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:53 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I want whats best for the club and if others cant take the slow train moving forward thats their problem but thats the only reason why people snipe! I just hope everything gets sorted but this is what being a Cardiff City fan is all about.....sticking behind the club when we are in trouble! CCFC TIL I DIE :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:I am almost heartened that the egg-chasers have shown their true colours. Without
and the Cardiff Blues waiting to pounce. The council would back them all they way
cos the alternative would be an embarassing white elephant going to rack and ruin.

Bollocks.

Seriously.

Where are the Blues going to get the money for the running of the stadium from? 25% tickets are freebies given out; plenty not turning up at CCS.

Its pure utter fantasy there's a plan for the Blues to own the stadium.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 am

nerd wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I am almost heartened that the egg-chasers have shown their true colours. Without

Bollocks.

Seriously.

Where are the Blues going to get the money for the running of the stadium from? 25% tickets are freebies given out; plenty not turning up at CCS.

Its pure utter fantasy there's a plan for the Blues to own the stadium.

Hmmm, now I never said it was a specific 'plan' did I?

But Im willing to bet the idea was growing momentum at one stage, or do you
think Hall and Oates would have just walked away if Cardiff City had gone under?
That the Blues would automatically go under too? That they had no contingency
plans for Cardiff Blues??... they had stopped plugging the financial leaks and were
watching Cardiff City go into meltdown, they werent lifting a finger.

No top class sporting side in the Capital? A brand new state of the art stadium allowed
to rot?

Never happen feller. Rugby money would come from somewhere.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 am

cardiff blues have their own financial problems along the lines of our own club.
they were virtually forced out of the arms park to one day allow the conference and hotel facilities to be built on their own ground.
as for calling people eggers mike hall yes paul guy most definatly not.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:36 am

here we go

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26847296/

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:20 am

taffyapple wrote:
Hmmm, now I never said it was a specific 'plan' did I?

But Im willing to bet the idea was growing momentum at one stage, or do you
think Hall and Oates would have just walked away if Cardiff City had gone under?
That the Blues would automatically go under too? That they had no contingency
plans for Cardiff Blues??... they had stopped plugging the financial leaks and were
watching Cardiff City go into meltdown, they werent lifting a finger.

No top class sporting side in the Capital? A brand new state of the art stadium allowed
to rot?

Never happen feller. Rugby money would come from somewhere.

Hall and Guy have what they wanted. Retail Park, more land. Long term, profits would cover what the club owe. Hall and Guy, AFAIK, have nothing to do with the Blues.

Not investing more in us is more to do with minimising potential losses.

Blues have their own problems, believe phones were cut off at one point.

The sole point to shift Blues in with us was to reduce the usage at Arms Park, making it financially problematic for Cardiff RFC Ltd to maintain the ground with just Cardiff RFC playing there, crowds of about 1k. Meaning Cardiff RFC Ltd would be more amenable to sell the land; Thomas wants out, council would like the land. Only way PMG would be involved is I'm fairly certain they'd be involved in any redevelopment.

Rugby money come into save the Blues? Seriously - where from? Thomas wants his money back, when the Blues did well in Europe they posted a loss on 500k - playing at Arms Park. Playing at CCS, directors privately admitting they expect to have a loss of 1m this financial year.

The only people who would bail Blues out are the WRU because their "flagship" region going under would be a massive egg on their faces. there's little to no money in domestic egg, ony at international level. Any businesses looking to get involved with the Blues look and see a half full CCS even with about 25% of tickets being freebies.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:02 pm

steve davies wrote:cardiff blues have their own financial problems along the lines of our own club.
they were virtually forced out of the arms park to one day allow the conference and hotel facilities to be built on their own ground.

Thanks f'ck for that.

Guy has been involved with our club longer than most of our fans have been supporting it.

If he didn't care he would have walked away a long time ago.

If he's made money on the stadium, well good for him - as there wasn't exactly a queue to do it.

If he wants some of the £7-£9m he's owed back then can you really blame him ? Can you honestly say you wouldn't in the same situation having seen people like Ridsdale and Harris come in, take huge amounts out and then walk away ?

This 'egg-chasing' thing seems to be getting more and more paranoid.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
steve davies wrote:cardiff blues have their own financial problems along the lines of our own club.

Thanks f'ck for that.

Guy has been involved with our club longer than most of our fans have been supporting it.

If he didn't care he would have walked away a long time ago.

If he's made money on the stadium, well good for him - as there wasn't exactly a queue to do it.

If he wants some of the £7-£9m he's owed back then can you really blame him ? Can you honestly say you wouldn't in the same situation having seen people like Ridsdale and Harris come in, take huge amounts out and then walk away ?

This 'egg-chasing' thing seems to be getting more and more paranoid.

I agree,

to make money they would have had to invest it in the first place. Where would we be without their money?

As you've said, there hasn't been a queue of money men knocking at the door over the last few years has there!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:00 pm

taffyapple wrote:I can see why Sam and TG would want to keep everything under wraps for now
its common sense. there's a lot of stuff to sort out, some of it may involve
Riddles.

But its obvious that TG and Sam want US the fans to know that they ARE making headway,
that they are moving forward and they DO have a succesful and prosperous future for Cardiff City
at the forefront of these discussions.

To Sams biggest knockers, surely you can see that he doesnt need to meet with TG or
anyone else at the club ever again if he doesnt want to. The court ruling has been made
and if the Club f**k up on repayments then he can set his lawyers on us instead, and we'd
truly be fucked.

I was on the fence about Sam coming back!

Not any more. The egg chasers actually felt panicked enough to make a public statement about
him NOT coming back, just the thought of him sat back in the boardroom making Mike Hall
and Paul Guy cringe gives me full wood!!

More importantly than that. there are very few, if any, "Chairmen" types in Britain who know
more about the game than him. Its his PASSION. lets get him back on board to run the FOOTBALL
side of things.

The day we finally get to the Premiership i confess right now I'll probably have a little cry. Does
anyone here doubt that that daft little loony wouldnt be the same? and theyd be genuine tears too!!

In the words of Karen Matthews

"Come 'ooooome Sam, just come 'ooooooome" :ayatollah:

There are always two sides to an argument and differences of opinion can be healthy as long as they don`t descend into abuse or threats. You are now clearly in the camp of wanting a return of Sam Hammam in some capacity. I am of the view that he would be a total disaster for the club if he did. That doesn`t make me right as its just a personal opinion , buit could I just point out a couple of flaws in the logic you appear to have used in forming your view (which , to be fair , might still be the same even without those flaws).

Of course it is sensible to keep commercially sensitive discussions about restructuring one of the club`s debts confidential , the same as with similar discussions about the other debts. That`s why it was so devious and unprofessional of Sam and a couple of people from within the club to leak stories out via this messageboard to promote his own position but then ask for a blanket ban on the opportunity to give the other side`s reaction.Sam doesn`t want anyone to know anything , just to receive only his version of events.

If Sam is Langston , then he of course should be at the meetings to discuss the Langston debt. If he is not , then he is not worth talking to as he is not the decison maker when it comes to agreeing on a settlement of that debt. He can`t have it both ways. Either he is less important than he wants to make out , or he has consistently misled people when he has denied being Langston.

Which court ruling are you referring to ? Unless I have missed one , the only court ruling that has been made is the one saying Laangston did not have grounds for being given Summary Judgement against the club.

Who are the "egg chasers" who you say made a public statement.I have seen only official club statements either direct from or approved by TG.To the best of my knowledge , he has no great rugby pedigree.And Sam would have great difficulty in making Mike Hall cringe at a board meeting as Hall has not been a director for some years.

Sam may well have had valuable football contacts in the past but , like him , they have become older and far less influential over the years. I suspect that very few people in positions of influence in the game are now influenced by him (in a positive way anyway).

And this idea of Sam coming back just in some form of football capacity , deferring to others on the big decisons and on all things financial. Can you honestly see an ego and personality as big as Sam accepting such a subordinate role?

Keith

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26860925/

Risdale chaired the meeting.

Like Steve Tucker says if you owe someone a lot of mney they will want a say in the running of the club.