Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY COACH SIGNS FOR ENGLAND BUT "

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:11 pm

" UPDATED "

Margetson goes to Wales 'with club's blessing'

Paul Trollope
He will continue on basis he will with Wales, it won’t affect Cardiff commitments at all. Having worked with SA at West Ham he’s been identified working that department and I can see why because he’s done a fantastic job with Cardiff and Wales. You’ll have to ask him the detail about the decision but he goes with our blessing.

" CARDIFF CITY COACH GETS ENGLAND JOB / BUT "

Martyn Margetson has signed a contract with England as goal keeping coach,But Thankfully still staying on at Cardiff City as well.

Martyn Margetson was at West Ham for while and worked under Sam Allardyce at West Ham and within hours of being appointed England manager contacted Margetson and offered him the job. Margetson had to get permission first of Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan, which he got.

Margetson is delighted by the appointed.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY COACH SIGNS FOR ENGLAND BUT "

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Sadly Money talks.

A loss for the Wales Backroom staff, considering we had an excellent Euro campaign.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Traitor!

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Gutted. But at least he's staying with the bluebirds.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:18 pm

I don't get why would you want to coach england and not you're own country .i know Martyn margeston well comes from baglan where I'm from I even used to live in the next street to him played with is dad for baglan boys club .at the end of the day I know big sam rates highly he wanted him at sunderland but Martyn is Welsh not English I honestly don't get it we need people like Martyn to bring our own Welsh players on .its just seems to me nationalty means nothing today did but after the way Wales performed in France I thought he would wants to go to the next level

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm

It must be for money, why would you as a Welshman leave to join England it's not like we are at a low point in welsh football

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Cardiff City FC have just tweeted : We can confirm that Martyn Margetson will complement his role at #cardiffcity with a part-time position as @England goalkeeping coach.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:02 pm

I didn't realise he was on the Welsh coaching squad?

dissapointed for a welshman to leave for an England job, especially whislt Wales are on the up and England are at an all time low.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm

Do we get a loan fee for him?

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:I didn't realise he was on the Welsh coaching squad?

dissapointed for a welshman to leave for an England job, especially whislt Wales are on the up and England are at an all time low.

You don't follow Wales, then?

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:14 pm

What a prick

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I didn't realise he was on the Welsh coaching squad?

You don't follow Wales, then?

Yes I do, but I'm sorry I didn't know every name on their backroom staff. Is that acceptable? Am I still a fan?

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:42 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Sadly Money talks.

A loss for the Wales Backroom staff, considering we had an excellent Euro campaign.

Mmmm didn't know he was in Wales coaching team or Wales were looking for a goalie coach? :roll:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City FC have just tweeted : We can confirm that Martyn Margetson will complement his role at #cardiffcity with a part-time position as @England goalkeeping coach.

Carl, Better late than never :lol:

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:17 pm

England's head goal keeping coach is Andy Thomas, a mate of mine from Senghenydd. Once of Wales and Cardiff. All of England's top coaches seem to come from Wales.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Apologies, I meant Martin Thomas, Andy's brother.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Judas

Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Good luck to him.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:10 am

England need him more than Wales, so he'll certainly earn his money! LOL :lol:

Good luck to him. You never know, it might just benefit Cardiff City long-term! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 am

Sven wrote:England need him more than Wales, so he'll certainly earn his money! LOL :lol:

Good luck to him. You never know, it might just benefit Cardiff City long-term! :ayatollah:

Good luck to him ? Would you say that if his coaching contributed to England beating Wales ? hope he fails miserably proud Welshman my ass all about money as always

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 am

Ibby wrote:Good luck to him.

Unbelievable reply unless you're English of course :digging2: :digging2:

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Margetson goes to Wales 'with club's blessing'

Paul Trollope

He will continue on basis he will with Wales, it won’t affect Cardiff commitments at all. Having worked with SA at West Ham he’s been identified working that department and I can see why because he’s done a fantastic job with Cardiff and Wales. You’ll have to ask him the detail about the decision but he goes with our blessing.

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY COACH SIGNS FOR ENGLAND BUT "

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:

You still burning cottages Johnny Boy. About time you grew up.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:36 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:It must be for money, why would you as a Welshman leave to join England it's not like we are at a low point in welsh football

I still can't get my head round this one a Welshmen joining england this type of thing happens in rugby all the time bizarre

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:09 pm

How does it work? Does he get a pay cut at Cardiff as he'll be spending some of his time with England?

Does he keep the same pay at Cardiff and then get extra pay from England?

Does he do less work for us now that he's also working for them or the same amount of work for us and work for them extra?

Football's such a weird business that seems to exist in a world of it's own and outside normal conventions.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:43 am

wiltshirebluebird wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:

You still burning cottages Johnny Boy. About time you grew up.

Bit sensitive mate and over the top calm down :D :D :D