Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NOT GOOD NEWS REGARDING MONEY FROM

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:34 am

CELTIC, They dont want to pay us any Compensation and it will now have to go to FIFA to Decide.
We were expecting up to £900,000 as we have trained/brought him through since the age of 9. I Dont think we will get half that, just my Opinion.

So We have No Money coming in :evil:

Re: NOT GOOD NEWS REGARDING MONEY FROM

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 am

Tights fisted twats!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:CELTIC, They dont want to pay us any Compensation and it will now have to go to FIFA to Decide.
We were expecting up to £900,000 as we have trained/brought him through since the age of 9. I Dont think we will get half that, just my Opinion.

So We have No mOney coming in :evil:

why does this NOT surprise me :(

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:38 am

What a f**k up this has been for the past year or so and now what was the prize asset of CCFC leaves for peanuts ! It wasnt ALL that long ago it was being said that CCFC didnt need to sell players to survive yet we allow Ledley to leave for nowt and CCFC are once again in the shite :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:56 am

Twats.
Complete twats.

And Ledley doing it on purpose too, i bet.
I stuck up for him yesterday and tried to see it from his side, he can f*cking rot in the SPL now for all i care.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 am

Sorry to say we won't get a bean, Celtic have been very clever.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 am

ihatealiens wrote:Sorry to say we won't get a bean, Celtic have been very clever.

I have heard the same, they have been very very clever, will report later, have to go out now.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 am

cant really blame Celtic because I expect we would have done the same in a similar situation ? Its done now so we can put this story to bed and try and move forward on the CCFC rollercoaster ! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 am

The best thing about it is Celtic will bring him on for maybe a season and sell him on for a handsome profit, thats down again to the mismanagement of CCFC......... No surprises there then.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 am

Ross Young wrote:And Ledley doing it on purpose too, i bet.

And where did you think up this? How do you know it's Ledley's fault? I'm no expert on contract negotiations, but I would be prepared to put money on the fact that Joe has absolutely no influence or input over what is negotiated between the 2 clubs, only what he, himself, will be receiving in terms of wages, bonuses, etc

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

And where did you think up this? How do you know it's Ledley's fault? I'm no expert on contract negotiations, but I would be prepared to put money on the fact that Joe has absolutely no influence or input over what is negotiated between the 2 clubs, only what he, himself, will be receiving in terms of wages, bonuses, etc

Well he could've signed last week, he didn't, maybe he didn't know then, but i'm sure Celtic made him aware what they were doing, and he went with it.
They probably offered a lovely signing on fee.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

if thats the case then I bet his agent gets a nice little earner too ? :evil:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:43 am

Ross Young wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Well he could've signed last week, he didn't, maybe he didn't know then, but i'm sure Celtic made him aware what they were doing, and he went with it.

I thought there were 'complications' regarding his contract that needed to be sorted out and that's why he didn't sign last week rather than him deliberately trying to ruin things for us

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 am

Ross Young wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

So you expect Joe to be out of work just to please the narrow minded, bitter, fickle so-called fans...........

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:48 am

Celtic apparently waited until today to confirm the signing (once the World Cup had finished) to ensure that the season had officially ended, therefore not requiring them to give CCFC any compensation. They used the term 'complications' to keep the deal rolling until now.

He has joined up with the Celtic squad at Heathrow to fly out for their tour of the USA.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 am

RichardBluebird wrote:So you expect Joe to be out of work just to please the narrow minded, bitter, fickle so-called fans...........

What on earth are you talking about?

He could've signed last week.
He and Celtic waited for the WC to end because that officially ends the 09-10 season.
If he had signed on friday, we would've been entitled to 900k, but because it's the end of the season and he's officially free, we won't get a penny.

How on earth was he going to be out of work?
Celtic have been clever and left us more in the shit.
Tell me how that's fickle, unless you don't care about our financial plight?

We NEEDED that f*cking money, and Celtic + Ledley ensured we didn't get a penny.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:07 am

From what I hear, Ledley signed last Saturday :thumbup:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 am

Cant blame Ledley BUT maybe his agent yes , Celtic were only looking after their own interests .

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:11 am

Ledley through his agent obviously knew what was going on and why nothing was being confirmed today. He also probably got more money as a result of Celtic not having to pay anything for him, either through wages or signing on fees.

I'm not happy about it as we could do with the cash but what could we do? The board have had plenty of time to tie up his contract. I think Ledley's gone against what he said about testing himself at a higher level but again what can you do?

If the roles were reversed we would do exactly the same as Celtic have done and explore every loophole to ensure we'd pay less for a player.

This saga will be forgotten about in the next few weeks and we'll go on supporting the players who are out on the pitch playing for Cardiff City. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 am

f**k Ledley and his agent f*cking stich up. Glad the sarga is finally over.

As for Ledley he has sold himself down the river in a shit league. I think most Cardiff fans will not forgive him thats just my opion, I hope he never plays for us again, He cant make his own mind up, needs his agent to hold his hand the thick Rich tw*t

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:53 am

Ross Young wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:So you expect Joe to be out of work just to please the narrow minded, bitter, fickle so-called fans...........

He and Celtic waited for the WC to end because that officially ends the 09-10 season.
If he had signed on friday, we would've been entitled to 900k, but because it's the end of the season and he's officially free, we won't get a penny.

We NEEDED that f*cking money, and Celtic + Ledley ensured we didn't get a penny.

If them f*cking idiots who so-called run our club had sorted it out ages ago instead of stalling and spouting bollocks we would never be in this situation, if you want to point fingers point them towards OUR club as they are the downfall of CCFC and prove to be so continually. Also have a poke at Joe's agent but don't blame Joe or Celtic FC for looking after their own interests.............

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:08 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Ross Young wrote:

If them f*cking idiots who so-called run our club had sorted it out ages ago instead of stalling and spouting bollocks we would never be in this situation, if you want to point fingers point them towards OUR club as they are the downfall of CCFC and prove to be so continually. Also have a poke at Joe's agent but don't blame Joe or Celtic FC for looking after their own interests.............

Yes, Ridsdale's entirely to blame for giving big contracts to wasters like Fowler and not looking after the better players of the squad.
Celtic have been clever and we've been done up like a kipper, but as i said, they knew it.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CELTIC, They dont want to pay us any Compensation and it will now have to go to FIFA to Decide.

ccfc ..should have had this sorted long long time ago...........a n other gem by the riddler. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 pm

If them f*cking idiots who so-called run our club had sorted it out ages ago instead of stalling and spouting bollocks we would never be in this situation, if you want to point fingers point them towards OUR club as they are the downfall of CCFC and prove to be so continually. Also have a poke at Joe's agent but don't blame Joe or Celtic FC for looking after their own interests.............[/quote]

Yes, Ridsdale's entirely to blame for giving big contracts to wasters like Fowler and not looking after the better players of the squad.
Celtic have been clever and we've been done up like a kipper, but as i said, they knew it.[/quote]

Ross, thats down to the naivety of CCFC and lets be honest if the shoe was on the other foot we'd have done the very same. Its history now and nothing we can do about it, just another one of them kick in bollocks....

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

byron moreno wrote:

ccfc ..should have had this sorted long long time ago...........a n other gem by the riddler. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Correct, ITS OUR OWN FAULTS, Not Ledleys.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Ok, driving home I heard on talk sport that we will get NO MONEY for Ledley.

Fair play if thats the case then we can do nothing about it but........ Someone at the club needs serious disciplinary action taken against them. They (the club) fucked up so badly he left for nothing . So in most businesses would have an inquest on this and blame would be apportined. In this case £3m worth of blame and that in my book is "Gross misconduct" and would be shown the door.

So is the club going to do what most normal businesses would do or are we going to put our thumb up our arse and say never mind lets get on with it. Not in my book as a director/Chairman i'd want someones head on my desk at the start of the next working day.

But there again this is Cardiff City.

A pissed off and annoyed Big Ceri

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:55 pm

We aint the first person to lose a player on a free and wont be the last.....remember most those players we will be signing will be frees (although not worth as much).