Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOME or/and AWAY WHATS ?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 am

The worst/heaviest Defeats youve seen Watching Cardiff City.

Mine was seeing City Loose at Luton 7-1, After the fifth goal, We all jumped up and betended to celebrate the 6th and 7th goal.
Saw us loose at Portvale 6-1 and at the end We gave Our Goalie George Wood a rousing applause and Sung his name :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Loosing to Cambridge at home 7-2 and Maidstone 5 nil were Terrible Defeats.

The Cambridge home game, a member from this Forum attacked the Referee.

Re: HOME or/and AWAY WHATS ?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 am

Preston is still raw on the memory. :(

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:11 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Preston is still raw on the memory. :(

Bad one that, was it 5-1 Tony ?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am

The Maidstone game was terrible but I also remember us losing at home to Sheff Utd 1 - 6 back in the 70's ........ heaviest away defeat Ive seen was the 0 - 4 at Arsenal in the cup altho Ive seen us concede 4 away quite a few times :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am

Cambridge 7-2 in 94

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 am

Yep Cambridge and Preston away although that was a very strange game and result :cry:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:The worst/heaviest Defeats youve seen Watching Cardiff City.

Mine was seeing City Loose at Luton 7-1, After the fifth goal, We all jumped up and betended to celebrate the 6th and 7th goal.
Saw us loose at Portvale 6-1 and at the end We gave Our Goalie George Wood a rousing applause and Sung his name :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Loosing to Cambridge at home 7-2 and Maidstone 5 nil were Terrible Defeats.

The Cambridge home game, a member from this Forum attacked the Referee.

That 1-7 away to Luton was mine aswell, also the 6- 1 hammering we had at NP v Sheff utd 3/12/77

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 am

Stavross wrote:Cambridge 7-2 in 94

The chant "We want 8" from the City fans made me laugh :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:04 am

5-1 at Reading a few years back on New Years Day I think it was. They were outstanding that season and put 10 past us in 2 games

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:25 am

cambridge 7-2 at home ,bristol city away 5-1 league cup andy cole hatrick terrible night :evil:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Losing to Cambridge at home 7-2

To be fair to the team (after a 2-7 defeat) in the lead up to that game they played a backlog of games in 10 days and during those 10 days avoided relegation and got to the Welsh Cup Final, I walked away not as demoralised as would be expected after that scoreline.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Cambridge home 7-2 also remember losing 5-1 to Huddersfield home if i remember right Craig Maskell scored a hat rick and ran the show.

Away losing 5-1 to Newcastle was men against boys.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Preston last season was bad

On the coach on the way up we were all talking about if we win then we reckoned we were going to go up auto an look what f*cking happened :(

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:04 pm

The 7-1 at Luton was mine, 4-0 away to Barnsley early 80s always sticks in my mind as an horrible day at Oakwell in that uncovered end it was a bad day pissed down all day soaked through to the skin. Anyone remember Carlisle away in the late 70`s City 3-1 up 10 minutes to go and Carlisles Billy Rafferty scored an hat trick with us losing 4-3, that was a long day out. My old man tells me he seen Wolves at Ninian Park in 1950`s and they beat City either 8 or 9 -0.

JBBJ

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

John Bowens brotherj wrote:The 7-1 at Luton was mine, 4-0 away to Barnsley early 80s always sticks in my mind as an horrible day at Oakwell in that uncovered end it was a bad day pissed down all day soaked through to the skin. Anyone remember Carlisle away in the late 70`s City 3-1 up 10 minutes to go and Carlisles Billy Rafferty scored an hat trick with us losing 4-3, that was a long day out. My old man tells me he seen Wolves at Ninian Park in 1950`s and they beat City either 8 or 9 -0.

JBBJ

It was 03-09-55 Cardiff 1 Wolves 9. :shock:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Cheers Nobby, my old man could never remember the year. I will let him know. He knows his football and always says that Wolves team, were one of the best he has ever seen.

JBBJ

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 pm

wigan, a few years back, 4-0 was it ? when rhys weston stuck 2 fingers up to us,,,,,, the only highlight was, howarth playing for wigan, doing the ayattola, then taken off :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 pm

The 5-1 loss at Newcastle was a shambles, bee fortunate enough not to suffer any other heavy defeats in any game I've been at.

Saw Bankies lose 8-0 at St. Mirren once. We drew 0-0 with them 2 weeks later. They were top of the league and we were bottom and we only won one league game all season :?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Cambridge 7-2 at home, Preston 6-0 away .