Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

will mountain biking help lose

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am

a few inches around my belly? :lol:
lately im doing around 40miles a week mostly flat and up hill and just wondered if it will help lose the old gut :(
any advice/info?
cheers

Re: will mountain biking help lose

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:51 am

Yes mate as long as ur controlling ur diet aswel. They reckon the best is to go as hard as u can for 30secs then an easy pace for two mins, and keep repeating for ur journey. If u wanna loose the gut though I fully reckomend getting to holland and Barrett to try the meal replacement bars. One for breakie and one for lunch, hard as he'll if ur used to eating like I was but I've got rid of a stone in four weeks. And feel great for it.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 am

my downfall seems to be booze at weekends , it piles the pounds on me even tho I go to the gym sometimes 4 or 4 times per week .

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:55 am

Also helps strengthen the muscles around your knees, so you don't get problems with them further in life. Football players are recomended to do "Spinning classes", because it gives you maximum training ability, and doesn't have the same impact on your knees and joints as Running. :old:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:11 am

Western Blue wrote:Yes mate as long as ur controlling ur diet aswel. They reckon the best is to go as hard as u can for 30secs then an easy pace for two mins, and keep repeating for ur journey. If u wanna loose the gut though I fully reckomend getting to holland and Barrett to try the meal replacement bars. One for breakie and one for lunch, hard as he'll if ur used to eating like I was but I've got rid of a stone in four weeks. And feel great for it.

will check them out what are they like?
i got told to get a calorie counter gadget for my bike but its not gonna know if im doing a mile down hill or a mile up hill :lol:
ive quit the fags and drink 2 years ago :ayatollah:
just need to stop being a lazy greedy b*stard :(

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 am

cycling good for the legs

Try jogging mate, i started off and could only do less than a mile, then after a few months i was doing 8 miles every other night and lost 4-5 stone in 9 months

also ive been doing swimming and weights these past 3 weeks and have lost nearly a stone :ayatollah: cut the booze out, the choclate and start watching what your eating, drinking water and healthy food, need to get that heart rate up to burn the fat off

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 am

jinks/cwm wrote:a few inches around my belly? :lol:
lately im doing around 40miles a week mostly flat and up hill and just wondered if it will help lose the old gut :(
any advice/info?
cheers

Yes it will mate. Burn more calories then you take in and you should lose weight.
Try introducing some weight training too,full body workouts with a weight you can lift 10 reps x 3 sets with a minutes rest in between this should help keep/build muscle, and promote fat loss.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:53 am

Watch the fat levels aswel a the calories, and take a multiple vitiamin.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:a few inches around my belly? :lol:
any advice/info?
cheers

Get back on the powder son :ayatollah: