Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Naylor and Liam Miller training with City

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 pm

out in portugal according to someone I know at the club.. have no idea who they currently play for or free just what I was told so Annis, over to you if you've heard anything :ayatollah:

Re: Lee Naylor and Liam Miller training with City

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Decent players, not great though. Miller was over rated and got found out a bit IMO.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:10 pm

is Lee Naylor the celtic and former Wolves player? if so would be a good signing.

Thought we had Miller on trial last season? or we were at least linked with him?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Think he went to Hibs last season.

Both ex Celtic.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Its worrying when the only people we can get are from Hibs :lol:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Naylor is 1 of Jones old skool left full backs but a lot better than Kennedy , Miller COULD have been the new Roy Keane at Man U but never showed his potential .

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 am

I am a bit underwhelmed by these trialists. Liam miller has only ever had just over 200 meaningful games at first class level - not too good for a 29 year old. Naylor is another one of Jones old players an ok sort of player but that's all. Where is our scouting system? Inside Dave Jones brain - past players and Scotland :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:34 am

Given our current circumstances these two are not that bad as squad players.

Miller is known as the king of Hibs because of his outstanding displays last year-- Although Roy keane and QPR bombed him out.--Trappatoni still picks him in the Irish squad --Naylor is a steady Full back who helped get Jonesies wolves into the Prem-Maclaren once picked him for England.

lets be fair we are only going to get this type of player this year--If we can keep what we have and add these two and a few moer im happy.

Bellamy and Koumas in our dreams.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am

Is Miller still suffering from bad discipline problems? A bit of a liability from what I've heard but a useful player if his head's right. Which most of the time it isn't

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am

Is Bryan Hughes still on trial too, he played at Bath the other night, but is 34 now.

We have at least signed Danny Drinkwater on loan! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:02 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Is Miller still suffering from bad discipline problems? A bit of a liability from what I've heard but a useful player if his head's right. Which most of the time it isn't

Bothroyd was a bit of a liability until he came to us and Jones gave him some direction. Hopefully he can do the same if we did sign Miller(when/if embargo is lifted). In his early years he was a standout player for Celtic particularly in the Champions league. It all went a bit pear shaped when he moved to united and his career has been on a downward spiral ever since. Would be a good player for us if Jones could sort him out especially as he is on a free.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 am

I am fairly happy,naylor likes to get forward good distribution,we are short of left backs so he could help there,miller has quality no doubt, his mindset i think dj could get right, also i fancy he would lift his game to our fans.I am happy as 2weeks ago i was depressed with the embargo talk etc,thinking another year of no new players and having to watch gavin rae,at least we are giving these players the chance.We were all thinking negative when jay signed but he has been quality,so if they impress some good additions to our squad i say

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am

Well Liam Miller played for Hibs on Saturday so i doubt hes with us

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100 ... 50_2089088

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 pm

SilverMcNugget wrote:Is Bryan Hughes still on trial too, he played at Bath the other night, but is 34 now.

No we haven't.

Embargo still in place.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm

How did Drinkwater appear for us against Bath City if we are under a transfer embargo?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:17 pm

recharding wrote:How did Drinkwater appear for us against Bath City if we are under a transfer embargo?

Anyone can play in a friendly!!!! :lol:

Even me if i bring my boots and Jones lets me play! ;)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:41 pm

nerd wrote:
SilverMcNugget wrote:Is Bryan Hughes still on trial too, he played at Bath the other night, but is 34 now.

No we haven't.

Embargo still in place.

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but I understood that we had signed Danny Drinkwater on a 1 year loan deal, but couldn't register him with the league until the embargo is formally lifted - so he can't play for us in a competetive game until that 'little problem' is sorted? Either way we need to get the embargo lifted asap - accounts submitted, football debts cleared and continuing to pay HMCR.

I was good mate with Liam

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Hope we get him he was on a seasons loan over here in Denmark with Kevin Doyle (cov) He was a brilliant player could be a very good palyer in midfield for us!!!!