Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Charity Match The Final Word

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Right everyone the Mrs is getting a bit upset by some the comments that have been been made about how much things cost, The amount of players and what outgoings we will have.

From what I have now read from both sites this is the way it stand, AAMB have 22 players who def want to play and CCMB are struggling to raise that amount of interested people who are willing to pay £20 to pay which I understand is a lot of money and a lot of players but these were terms and conditions that Wayne Nash told us in order for them to put on the facilities they are offering free of charge.

Should CCMB be unable to get a squad together I would suggest splitting the AAMB squad in two and joining the members from CCMB so we then have 2 sides with Subs with everyone getting at least 45 mins. If this is the case we need to know asap as we will have to inform Nash of what has happened and make sure everything is ok.

Once we get the official letter about the event/Charity we will then go around all the major stores and other places gather quality raffle prizes, If everyone involved can then sell at least £20 in raffle tickets we should be on target to raise in total on the day over £1400 which is fantastic.

Please remember guys when you are typing that their is a woman behind all of this who is trying very hard to make this as successful and enjoyable as possible, She is ringing around places to try and get prize's she will be driving around collecting the items, Sellign tickets also, sorting out all the logistics of the day all in her own time having to look after 4 kids during the summer holiday while I am working nights so please take it easy. If you have alternative suggestions to make we are always please to hear them, If the trophy's are not something people want then that is not a problem we can scrap that idea, Jayne thought it would be a nice touch to get people coming to watch who their MOTM was and have the winning team presented with something.

You also don't need to be a player on the day to help out any contribution you can make with your time or even selling some raffle tickets to friends and family would be great.

Re: Charity Match The Final Word

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:58 pm

well said matey, yer keep the throphy idea, want more for my cabinate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

should be a good day, somthing the club could advertise on the offical site and thier facebook :ayatollah:

Re: Charity Match The Final Word

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Absolutely the more exposure the better. I know some people have questioned the cause we are raising money for but providing this goes well and we raise I nice amount of money who is to say it will be the last, Come the end of the season if promises are kept we could be playing at the CCS and then think of the amount of money we could raise to help a cahirty of everyone's choice.