Anyone want to join in today's march? all are welcome

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_ ... 576858.stm

Re: Anyone want to join in today's march? all are welcome

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:28 am

http://www.revolutionmuslim.com/2010/07 ... efend.html

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 am

I dont believe in the EDL, WDL or these Muslim idiots, I say enough is enough ban the burka and time to make a stand for us NORMAL PEOPLE, I have only posted this due to recent articles and I think Britain should revert back to the early 90's when there was none of this shite and we all got along. by the way born and breed in butetown and family have lived here for generations but may area is now fucked up with these new somali's they have taken over and dont want to intergrate, and before anyone starts it's a cultural problem not a religous one unless your a young confused converted to islam youth ,there the worst as if they have a point to prove.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:40 am

ffs if they dont like it f**k off ffs

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:45 am

Are you on a wind up or something? Just because we stood up against tge edl/wdl doesn't mean we want all that shit walking through our city! Cardiff is a very multi-cultural society and we don't need this bollocks creating trouble you're helping to stir up a hornets nest.

We don't want it!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 am

Sorry lilshortman! Posted my message and didn't see your last post. Going off what you said init I'm in full agreement.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 am

I not on a wind up splottman I've just had enough of march against this and another march against that.
when it going to stop? I see what's happening to my area which there now is sadly a splitt in the community, I never thought i would see that, just ask any OLD DOCKS BOY he will tell you the same. I went to fitzalan high and so did my uncles, auntie's and kids, but like f**k would i send them there today.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:16 am

i hope there is a counter demo against this

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 am

These laws aren't cooked up by a government then brought in without public knowledge. In most cases, it's the public voting for the changes in law (banning burkhas, minarets, etc) so does that not say to these extremists something about the way thry're perceived by the general public? The normal, moderate muslims will be happy to live by the laws of the country they live in, while quietly going about their business and following their religion in peace. It's the extremists who are the problem

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 am

Just been past city hall etc, police errecting those big steel fences etc :roll:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:33 am

I agree with the muslims they should be able to wear what they want and when they want....so should anybody else.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:15 am

Nottage Blue wrote:These laws aren't cooked up by a government then brought in without public knowledge. In most cases, it's the public voting for the changes in law (banning burkhas, minarets, etc) so does that not say to these extremists something about the way thry're perceived by the general public? The normal, moderate muslims will be happy to live by the laws of the country they live in, while quietly going about their business and following their religion in peace. It's the extremists who are the problem

Switzerland voted to ban the building of new minarets, following a referendum. The rest of the decisions made were brought in by the governments (without a vote by 'the people').

Yes, people should abide by the laws of the countries they live in - but what is happening here is countries are bringing in laws that are against certain sections of the population. That cannot be right. Basically the goal posts are being moved.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:17 am

Muslims are to demonstrate in Cardiff to protest against laws across Europe which they say are anti-Islam.

they are not anti ISLAM laws they are the laws of that country same as islamic countries have their laws.

abide by them or pay the price

if you cant abide by them f**k OFF, OUT OF OUR COUTRY

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:20 am

Im not against Islam or Muslims FULL STOP but IMO the burka should be banned in school's,banks,post offices etc I cant wear a full faced helmet in any of these places so why should a full faced veil?????????????????????????????????????

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:21 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:i hope there is a counter demo against this

why? they are not out to harm anyone

I don't really see the point of protesting in Cardiff about things going on in France ans Switzerland, but they have the right to protest none the less.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:25 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
Muslims are to demonstrate in Cardiff to protest against laws across Europe which they say are anti-Islam.

they are not anti ISLAM laws they are the laws of that country same as islamic countries have their laws.

I dont think you read the article.

They do abide by the laws of the country, but the countries have changed the laws to include legislation that is anti-islamic and will only affect Muslims. That is a bit naughty

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:27 am

lilshortman wrote:Im not against Islam or Muslims FULL STOP but IMO the burka should be banned in school's,banks,post offices etc I cant wear a full faced helmet in any of these places so why should a full faced veil?????????????????????????????????????

There is no law that you cannot wear a full face helmet in a bank, just a bank rule. i agree there should be rules against people covering their face in a bank - or wherever, but an actual law that picks out one form of face cover is just plain nonsense.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:39 am

your right in some ways joe public, but if there is a rule for no full faced helmets in a bank why are full faced vail's aloud? it's sort of double standards, if people chose to wear the veil in the street for example iv'e no problem but IMO the only way to solve the problem is not being able to cover your face full stop which will never happen. it's a sort of catch22.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 am

joe_public wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

They do abide by the laws of the country, but the countries have changed the laws to include legislation that is anti-islamic and will only affect Muslims. That is a bit naughty

Yes I read the article and I'm sure if I made a planning application to build a minaret in my back garden the council would reject it and I'm not a Muslim. So please drop the victimhood.

The reason laws are passed which seem to be anti-Muslim is because out of all the ethnic minorities they are the most problematic. The radical Muslims stubbornly refuse to conform to the common laws in countries they have ‘chosen’ to settle in and instead believe they can impose their views by playing the victim card or if that fails blowing people up.

In contrast Jews, Hindus etc simply abide by the rules and any disputes tend to be minor and are reasonably settled.

IMO we should have called time on Muslim victimhood a long time ago and I for one welcome any changes in the law which curb their excesses.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

lilshortman wrote:your right in some ways joe public, but if there is a rule for no full faced helmets in a bank why are full faced vail's aloud? it's sort of double standards, if people chose to wear the veil in the street for example iv'e no problem but IMO the only way to solve the problem is not being able to cover your face full stop which will never happen. it's a sort of catch22.

Not sure i agree with no full face cover at all - anywhere - but certainly in banks and such like, i would have no problem with that.

The problem with banning the Burka and the Burka alone is that it only affects one small section of the community which happens to be predominantly made up of ethnic minorities and therefore by definition is racist.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 am

lilshortman wrote:your right in some ways joe public, but if there is a rule for no full faced helmets in a bank why are full faced vail's aloud? it's sort of double standards, if people chose to wear the veil in the street for example iv'e no problem but IMO the only way to solve the problem is not being able to cover your face full stop which will never happen. it's a sort of catch22.

I have a problem with covering of faces in public. Firstly this is the UK and no-one should be subjected to such humiliating treatment, secondly it is ignorance of the greatest order for someone to hide their identity.

We are always told integration is the way ahead for a multicultural society, yet one part of that society is allowed to conceal its identity? That makes no sense at all as how are you supposed to form friendships and relationships with people who want to hide who they are?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I have a problem with covering of faces in public. Firstly this is the UK and no-one should be subjected to such humiliating treatment, secondly it is ignorance of the greatest order for someone to hide their identity.

We are always told integration is the way ahead for a multicultural society, yet one part of that society is allowed to conceal its identity? That makes no sense at all as how are you supposed to form friendships and relationships with people who want to hide who they are?

Agreed Tony, not good for integration at all. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 am

joe_public wrote:
Not sure i agree with no full face cover at all - anywhere - but certainly in banks and such like, i would have no problem with that.

The problem with banning the Burka and the Burka alone is that it only affects one small section of the community which happens to be predominantly made up of ethnic minorities and therefore by definition is racist.

That is classic victimhood. The banning of the Burka would only be racist if it was for reasons of religion/race alone. The proposal is to ban the Burka because it is affecting society as a whole and it is divisive.

Indeed there is an argument that if racism exists then its racism by Muslims towards the rest of society because in the act of wearing a Burka there is an inference they are superior to everyone else based on the grounds of religion/race.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 am

joe_public wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

Yes I read the article and I'm sure if I made a planning application to build a minaret in my back garden the council would reject it and I'm not a Muslim. So please drop the victimhood.

The reason laws are passed which seem to be anti-Muslim is because out of all the ethnic minorities they are the most problematic. The radical Muslims stubbornly refuse to conform to the common laws in countries they have ‘chosen’ to settle in and instead believe they can impose their views by playing the victim card or if that fails blowing people up.

In contrast Jews, Hindus etc simply abide by the rules and any disputes tend to be minor and are reasonably settled.

IMO we should have called time on Muslim victimhood a long time ago and I for one welcome any changes in the law which curb their excesses.

The reason the laws passed seem to be anti-muslim is becasue theya re anti-muslim. Banning the burqa or the building of minarets is not going to affect anyone but Muslims.

On what do you base your argument that Muslims are 'problematic'? there are over a million of them in this country, if they were 'problematic' the streets would be running red with blood.

Yes they have some nutters claiming to be acting in the name of Islam, but in no way do they represent the overwhelming majority of Muslims.

We have had several instances this year of white British non-muslim people going nuts with guns. What laws would you like brought in to stop this sort of thing in the future? i would suggest none, because there are laws against what they have done anyway, just like there are laws preventing Islamic terrorism.

How on earth will banning the burqa or stopping the building of minarets stop Islamic extremism? it wont, it will only impact on ordinary Muslims and will be more likely to actually radicalise Muslims than prevent extremism.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:00 pm

so you think there should be a law against being ignorant?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 pm

joe_public wrote:

That is classic victimhood. The banning of the Burka would only be racist if it was for reasons of religion/race alone. The proposal is to ban the Burka because it is affecting society as a whole and it is divisive.

Indeed there is an argument that if racism exists then its racism by Muslims towards the rest of society because in the act of wearing a Burka there is an inference they are superior to everyone else based on the grounds of religion/race.

well only muslims wear them, so yes, it is targetting a religion

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:03 pm

joe_public wrote:
joe_public wrote:

well only muslims wear them, so yes, it is targetting a religion

Isnt it only the women that wear them :?:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:
joe_public wrote:

Isnt it only the women that wear them :?:

Yes, but muslim women.

I think the burqa is sexist and oppresive, but many women chose to wear them, so who are we to question their choice?

personally i am against all religion, but am not about to tell others they cannot believe in what ever they want to believe.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Ben wrote:ffs if they dont like it f**k off ffs

you took the words right out of my mouth

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 pm

what if the law was to ban the covering of all faces in a public space. im sure i heard about this law being passed...... not just burkahs but anyone covering thier face with anything in public. im sure there not just gonna say burkah as you will have these demos and people screaming thier being victimised