Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Speedway Saturday Night

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Just come back from Glamorgan great win tonight in the 20/20 usual array of characters tonight there was captain america, banana man, a gorilla, mexican bandits etc.. !! But..........I cant wait to get into the millenium for the British speedway grand prix, Saturday night there will be 45,000 there and everyone seems to have an air horn !! my Polish missus got me into it around 8 years back and love it !!!! For those who havent been heres the final from 2007 I found on youtube, worth wathcing if nothing else to hear the commentator lose it !!! so if youve never been why not get a ticket and prepare for plenty of noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHU1B4mICHA

Re: Speedway Saturday Night

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Great post. I went to the 2003 speedway.. loved it!
I;m going to next weeks cricket.
OH GLAMMY GLAMMY

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:12 pm

FISH. wrote:Great post. I went to the 2003 speedway.. loved it!
I;m going to next weeks cricket.
OH GLAMMY GLAMMY

Yeah good lad its great down the cricket !! went down to the last over today :ayatollah: They had extra security today due to the city lads lol , A fair bit of banter in the 2nd half and singing in the stands with the daffodils in !!!!! As for the speedway its insane there will be around 8,000 polish fans there and the noise levels are insane a great night of entertainment !!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Went to the one 2 years ago I think when bomber harris took over Greg Hancock to win it on the last bend. Brilliant

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 pm

BluebirdWalker wrote:Went to the one 2 years ago I think when bomber harris took over Greg Hancock to win it on the last bend. Brilliant

this is the one m8

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:23 am

I am going to the speedway, Free tickets, i dont know what to expect tbh never intrested me before i might like it though with plenty of beer

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:25 am

Used to follow speedway , its a great day. But if you hated them horns in the world cup, this might not be for you (or take some ear plugs)

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
BluebirdWalker wrote:Went to the one 2 years ago I think when bomber harris took over Greg Hancock to win it on the last bend. Brilliant

this is the one m8

Yeah thats it, Truly awesome atmosphere down there. The poles love their speedway and to be fair help create it

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:19 pm

People might laugh,but these boys are as tough as nails.They might hit a fence at 70mph and get up for the re-run.
Exeter was the track. Massive track,huge speeds and a solid steel fence.
You`d get 14 year olds boing 80 plus at Exeter