Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The real Ledley situation

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Celtic are simply getting legal rattification with Fifa regards the Compo regulations just to be sure before they commit pen to paper, Agent/player/Club hope to have everything tied up before the squad leave for their preseason tour. It's as simple as that really.

Re: The real Ledley situation

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Daya wrote:Celtic are simply getting legal rattification with Fifa regards the Compo regulations just to be sure before they commit pen to paper, Agent/player/Club hope to have everything tied up before the squad leave for their preseason tour. It's as simple as that really.

Cheers Dayo, because if I am honest I havent got a clue anymore regarding his transfer.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Would £450K-£900K really break the deal?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:21 pm

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl ... -1.1040136

Another paper what they say .

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Would £450K-£900K really break the deal?

Net,

They are not concerned regards that training regulation , just double checking their legal position with Fifa in full. If you watch the DJ interview from Bath on the BBC he hints that Cardiff will be lookin into it also. Celtic just being careful thats all before they commit to signing on fees, Agents fees and a 4 year contract with the player.

Not everybody dives in on ridsdale type contracts. :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Bye then Joe - all the best in the 2 team league.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Daya wrote:

Net,

They are not concerned regards that training regulation , just double checking their legal position with Fifa in full. If you watch the DJ interview from Bath on the BBC he hints that Cardiff will be lookin into it also. Celtic just being careful thats all before they commit to signing on fees, Agents fees and a 4 year contract with the player.

Cheers, it just seemed odd to risk losing him, if that was ever the case.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Back of the Net wrote:
Daya wrote:

Net,

Cheers, it just seemed odd to risk losing him, if that was ever the case.

It's the case as DJ says in the interview, Stoke only offered players, nobody else been in touch with Club.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its clear hes left us.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:45 pm

So, ultimatley no one was willing to give the club a penny for Ledley, Stoke Part-Ex & Celtic a free.

I'm really disappointed he's going but he'll do well out of the move. I just hope that one day he doesn't look on his career and think, that was my chance of premiership football.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Back of the Net wrote:
Would £450K-£900K really break the deal?
Good point.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 pm

STEVE TUCKER SAYS HE'LL BE ON £28K A WEEK FOR 4 YEARS.
HOW IS THIS GOING TO BE MADE UP.
APPEARANCE MONEY,GOALS SCORED ETC.
I WONDER IF CELTIC STARTED PLAYING AROUND WITH THE FIGURES.
ALSO DID CELTIC NOT WANT TO PAY THE AGENT A FEE?
WHO THE f**k KNOWS?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Back of the Net wrote:So, ultimatley no one was willing to give the club a penny for Ledley, Stoke Part-Ex & Celtic a free.

I'm really disappointed he's going but he'll do well out of the move. I just hope that one day he doesn't look on his career and think, that was my chance of premiership football.

If he plays well, you dont really think he will be at Celtic for 4 years do you? Celtic will sell him and they will make the profit as they will have him under contract unlike the Riddler did.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Daya wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:So, ultimatley no one was willing to give the club a penny for Ledley, Stoke Part-Ex & Celtic a free.

If he plays well, you dont really think he will be at Celtic for 4 years do you? Celtic will sell him and they will make the profit as they will have him under contract unlike the Riddler did.

hE'LL BE BACK IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
LOOK AT HIS RECORD AGAINST DECENT MIDFIELD PLAYERS LIKE
PRATLEY AND CHARLIE ADAM.
HES CRAP.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Can't we sell him to Sunderland for the £1.5 million we owe them.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 pm

davdil wrote:Can't we sell him to Sunderland for the £1.5 million we owe them.

Or sell to Charlton for the 500k to owe them.lol :D

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:14 pm

None of this adds up. joe said he would leave only for a premier side yet hes going to scotland to a lesser league, but i suppose if he doesnt shine there he never will. he also says its for his family and future, fug me hes taking his family into a war zone lol if he thought cardiff and swansea was bad then hes in for quite a shock. the other day boateng was gona sign for celtic and some rangers fan undid the wheel nuts on his bmw nearly wiped boateng and his family out, needless to say he aint going to glasgow now, anyway its his choice .all the best joe , you will now fade into obscurity.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:14 pm

No = because he is NOT a cardiff city player! :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Daya wrote:Celtic are simply getting legal rattification with Fifa regards the Compo regulations just to be sure before they commit pen to paper, Agent/player/Club hope to have everything tied up before the squad leave for their preseason tour. It's as simple as that really.

On Wednesday this week Celtic requested an International Transfer Certificate for Joe, this document was provided by the FAW in line with FIFA rules. Attached to that document was notification of a claim for Training Compensation by Cardiff City. Now whatever figure is being claimed and it could be as much as the £6m Stoke City offered has frightened Celtic shitless.

Celtic can now not claim they were unaware of the claim in any subsequent cases heard by FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, the official body which hears all such cases.

Celtic has three choices really either go ahead with the transfer and let the claim be decided by FIFA, negotiate with Cardiff City and come to an agreement on compensation or withdraw from the transfer.

Make no mistake everything was set to be signed and sealed yesterday and IMO this has nothing to do with Joe having personal problems, this is absolutely down to Celtic getting cold feet at the thought of paying millions in compensation.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Merlin wrote:

No = because he is NOT a cardiff city player! :lol:

AS long as he stayes in the English system we can get comp.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 pm

castleblue wrote:

On Wednesday this week Celtic requested an International Transfer Certificate for Joe, this document was provided by the FAW in line with FIFA rules. Attached to that document was notification of a claim for Training Compensation by Cardiff City. Now whatever figure is being claimed and it could be as much as the £6m Stoke City offered has frightened Celtic shitless.

Celtic can now not claim they were unaware of the claim in any subsequent cases heard by FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, the official body which hears all such cases.

Celtic has three choices really either go ahead with the transfer and let the claim be decided by FIFA, negotiate with Cardiff City and come to an agreement on compensation or withdraw from the transfer.

Make no mistake everything was set to be signed and sealed yesterday and IMO this has nothing to do with Joe having personal problems, this is absolutely down to Celtic getting cold feet at the thought of paying millions in compensation.

Exactly Castlblue, although I wouldnt call it cold feet but better to be safe than sorry later.