Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TROLLOPE MAY BE THE BEST OPTION '

Fri May 20, 2016 4:10 pm

From the first minute Russell Slade was moved upstairs I believed that Paul Trollope would be the choice of the club to takeover, so I wasn't surprised to be told a week ago that Trollope was Vincent Tan's number one target.

Whether or not he is the 'cheap option' is irrelevant to me, he is the new manager of Cardiff City.

Whoever the manager is at the club this coming season they have a difficult summer ahead them that's for sure, there will be high earners moved on, there is unlikely to be a big budget to spend on incoming players and I do wonder if Trollope is best suited to know what players the first team needs to strengthen our cause for next season.

There was a definite improvement in our performances when Trollope came in, we have heard that players rate Trollope highly as a coach too.

I am not suggesting Paul Trollope would have been my number choice of manager but I don't think it is as bad an appointment as some are making out.

The more I read of Trollope's comments the more I think he could just do something, he is not shying away from targeting the play offs or even top four, he has told everyone that he is not Russell Slade and shouldn't be compared to the outgoing manager either.

I will be backing Trollope as Cardiff City manager and hope every fan gives him a chance and not dismiss him before he even starts.

Re: ' TROLLOPE MAY BE THE BEST OPTION '

Fri May 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Logically thinking he knows what's required player wise, knows what their best positions are, and should have fair idea of players available and be good at getting them to sign! :old:

Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 pm

I think this appointment could prove to be a master stroke. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Great Post Carl :ayatollah:

Not my first choice at all, But I believe We will do well next season under Teollope as long as Tan leaves Trollope to get on with the job :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Good post and totally agree.

Fri May 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great Post Carl :ayatollah:

Not my first choice at all, But I believe We will do well next season under Teollope as long as Tan leaves Trollope to get on with the job :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree with this, I hope he has the freedom to just get on with the job. Although I wasn't that excited with Trollope getting the job at first I think maybe he was the best choice for right now.

Fri May 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Annis the fans are worse than Tan at getting on players and the managers back lets hope he gets time to do his job before the " Premiership or moan " fans spoil it

Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 pm

The more I read about Trollope the more excited I feel for next season. Got a feeling we are going to have a much better season than fans are thinking.

Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 pm

avondaleblue wrote:The more I read about Trollope the more excited I feel for next season. Got a feeling we are going to have a much better season than fans are thinking.

I enjoy listening to him speak, he doesn't sound simple like Slade.

Sat May 21, 2016 7:10 am

Trollope was the cheap and only option. He wasn't my choice and for sure, and I didn't see any rush down the ticket office for season tickets on his appointment.
How to get the missing thousands back they wanted to know, well they didn't give that any thought with their choice of managers did they. Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but they will have to be top 2 after 6 games into the season for Joe public to sit up and think it may well worth a visit to Ninian Park, and see if they may be tempted to part with their cash. For myself, all I want to see is a good passing attacking team, I want commitment shown throughout the club. Entertainment, surely I can't be asking for the impossible. :old: and Blue

Sat May 21, 2016 7:34 am

FblockFrank wrote:Trollope was the cheap and only option. He wasn't my choice and for sure, and I didn't see any rush down the ticket office for season tickets on his appointment.
How to get the missing thousands back they wanted to know, well they didn't give that any thought with their choice of managers did they. Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but they will have to be top 2 after 6 games into the season for Joe public to sit up and think it may well worth a visit to Ninian Park, and see if they may be tempted to part with their cash. For myself, all I want to see is a good passing attacking team, I want commitment shown throughout the club. Entertainment, surely I can't be asking for the impossible. :old: and Blue

I also would be happy with a good passing team willing to be bold and showing full commitment.

However, I do believe that the club did think about the impact of any appointment. Recently they have reversed the rebrand, cut season ticket prices and given away free tickets. None of these schemes seem to have made any difference to season ticket sales.

Therefore it is doubtful an expensive appointment as manager would make any difference either. I agree with the clubs thinking and although PT was not my first choice I'm comfortable with their choice and I'm looking forward to next season.

Sat May 21, 2016 7:41 am

Jasonccfc wrote:

Annis the fans are worse than Tan at getting on players and the managers back lets hope he gets time to do his job before the " Premiership or moan " fans spoil it

100% agree. Let's give him a chance before the boo boys start. After all its Cardiff City and he is our manager. PAUL TROLLOPE'S BARMY ARMY :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat May 21, 2016 8:22 am

carlccfc wrote:From the first minute Russell Slade was moved upstairs I believed that Paul Trollope would be the choice of the club to takeover, so I wasn't surprised to be told a week ago that Trollope was Vincent Tan's number one target.

Whether or not he is the 'cheap option' is irrelevant to me, he is the new manager of Cardiff City.

Whoever the manager is at the club this coming season they have a difficult summer ahead them that's for sure, there will be high earners moved on, there is unlikely to be a big budget to spend on incoming players and I do wonder if Trollope is best suited to know what players the first team needs to strengthen our cause for next season.

There was a definite improvement in our performances when Trollope came in, we have heard that players rate Trollope highly as a coach too.

I am not suggesting Paul Trollope would have been my number choice of manager but I don't think it is as bad an appointment as some are making out.

The more I read of Trollope's comments the more I think he could just do something, he is not shying away from targeting the play offs or even top four, he has told everyone that he is not Russell Slade and shouldn't be compared to the outgoing manager either.

I will be backing Trollope as Cardiff City manager and hope every fan gives him a chance and not dismiss him before he even starts.

Not my first pick either but as usual I'll support him :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2016 8:25 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

100% agree. Let's give him a chance before the boo boys start. After all its Cardiff City and he is our manager. PAUL TROLLOPE'S BARMY ARMY :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

He drinks lemonade,
He's better that Sla a ade,
Paul Trollope
He's coming for you!
:ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2016 11:53 am

When i first heard Trollope's name mentioned I Thought what avenue is the club moving in but now having listened to him listened to what other people are saying about him I honestly think he's going to be like a breath of fresh Air to our club and yes if it dont work then maybe Tan would go for a more tried and trusted manager, the old saying is if you dont try these things and lets not forget its worked for Bournmouth we wont know, so my thoughts are lets get behind him 100% :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat May 21, 2016 2:03 pm

I think he will be really average with a mediocre squad, I predict another average season and a mid table average finish with a below average bored crowd..........

Sat May 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Great post, it's not about how much he cost let's give him a decent chance and get behind him. We need to do our part too.

Sat May 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
FblockFrank wrote:Trollope was the cheap and only option. He wasn't my choice and for sure, and I didn't see any rush down the ticket office for season tickets on his appointment.

I also would be happy with a good passing team willing to be bold and showing full commitment.

However, I do believe that the club did think about the impact of any appointment. Recently they have reversed the rebrand, cut season ticket prices and given away free tickets. None of these schemes seem to have made any difference to season ticket sales.

Therefore it is doubtful an expensive appointment as manager would make any difference either. I agree with the clubs thinking and although PT was not my first choice I'm comfortable with their choice and I'm looking forward to next season.

Agree

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Goes to show how little some people know.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Egg on faces springs to mind

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:06 pm

skiprat wrote:Egg on faces springs to mind

Wouldn't say egg on faces alot of fans including me were prepared to give him a chance and it's obvious that Trollope is a very good coach but he's not management material , he needs to go as I can't see us improving in any game under him . I'd love someone like Steve Bruce here but I can't see the clubspending that amount on a manager but then again they may have to , to try and get us out of this mess

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:01 pm

The team I saw Tuesday were clueless.....blame who you want but doesn't seem to be a good vibe from those playing on the pitch...