Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So are we under an embargo ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:13 pm

According to Radio Wales tonight, Danny Drinkwater has signed for a us on loan. Now assuming some kind of deal with Celtic has been done to bring Loovens back as part of the Ledley move and Drinkwater is any good (i.e not another Etuhu) plus we do get 900k to pay the bulk of the bill then just maybe we will have a stronger first 11 than we ended last season - I've no doubt with Loovens in the first 11 rather than Hudson at Wembley we would now be a Premier League club and Ledley would be a Premier League player.

Re: So are we under an embargo ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 pm

dorsetblue wrote:According to Radio Wales tonight, Danny Drinkwater has signed for a us on loan. Now assuming some kind of deal with Celtic has been done to bring Loovens back as part of the Ledley move and Drinkwater is any good (i.e not another Etuhu) plus we do get 900k to pay the bulk of the bill then just maybe we will have a stronger first 11 than we ended last season - I've no doubt with Loovens in the first 11 rather than Hudson at Wembley we would now be a Premier League club and Ledley would be a Premier League player.

Slow down mate !

Are you saying we are gettting £900k and Lovens for ledley ?

If so, not too bad and a hell of a lot better than the f**k all i thought we were getting !

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:52 pm

LM - Seem to be some suggestions that we get 900k development fee - now only rumours about Loovens but looks more positive around Drinkwater. Assuming this is the end scenario it ain't all bad.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:53 pm

dorsetblue wrote:LM - Seem to be some suggestions that we get 900k development fee - now only rumours about Loovens but looks more positive around Drinkwater. Assuming this is the end scenario it ain't all bad.

Better, .. I was feeling sick thinking of Ledley leaving for f-all, just to play in a league like division 1.