Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does Gethin Jenkins have a Plan B to pay Tax Bill ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:08 pm

God I hope so !!!!

Now I appreciate that Jenkins is picking up the crap from the previous incumbent in his seat but how the hell will he pay the tax man now ?

Assuming the club were stupid enough to bank on 3M of funds from one club when Ledley was as likely to go to another club for peanuts (if anything at all) then collectively as a unit the management down at CCS are almost as poor as the old regime (in some respects) - in life, if you live outside your means then eventually you will get bitten on the arse - I get a bonus most years but I never spend it until it hits my bank account - learn the lesson CCFC.

Now Ledley hasn't gone yet though I suspect in all probability he will go to Celtic rather than Stoke/Liverpool/Fulham/Everton/Wigan (and continue for all remaining prem league clubs outside the new big 5) - I'm not happy he has gone for nothing but he is like all footballers, he's a mercenary - if Swansea had come in with a huge signing on fee and bettered the Celtic terms he may well have gone there, who knows ?

I won't offer him any more than a polite round of applause (prior to KO and then a crescendo of boos during the game) should he ever return to our club but I wish him farewell - at times he has been a hero - goals at Wembley against Barnsley and Blackpool and his great strikes at Preston and Brum will be the highlights but he has left me with a very bitter taste in the mouth.

As for our new CEO, I really hope that he is now still confident that the bill will be paid this week - I alas am not.

Re: Does Gethin Jenkins have a Plan B to pay Tax Bill ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:10 pm

I wonder who's gonna be stumping up the money to pay the bill?

PMG :lol: