Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'I HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO SOMEONE FROM OUR CLUB"

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:40 pm

If Ledley signs tomorrow for Celtic, It has hurt us more than we can imagined. We were banking on the money and need it Desperately this minute.
This has Cost Our Club about £2.1 Million, We had agreed with Stoke on a package deal of £3 Million.

Celtic will be paying us about £900,000 approx if he signs for them :evil:

DEVASTATING NEWS :evil:

Re: 'I HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO SOMEONE FROM OUR CLUB"

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 pm

What a prick

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Why would Celtic be paying us a single penny?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:45 pm

He has to decide VERY soon whether to leave us as a City hero - or a City villain - he knows how we treat Swansea players when they come here - so I sincerely hope he makes a very sensible choice! ;)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm

nerd wrote:Why would Celtic be paying us a single penny?

castleblue wrote:
cityone wrote:Just on icwales, oh well no money for him then!!!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26806134/

The money situation or Training Compensation to give it it's correct name will depend on which MediaWales journo you read today. Bloomy Bollocks is saying this afternoon that Celtic do not have to pay compensation because of FIFA rules on the International Transfer of players. Bloomy needs to read Annex 4 of FIFA Statutes on the Status and Transfer of players.

Terry Phillips said in his article this morning that we will get negligible compensation, now if Terry had read Annex 4 he will know that Celtic must pay Cardiff 60,000 euros for each year of training between the seasons of Joes 12th and 21st Birthday.

600,000 euros minimum and if Celtic don't pay within 30 days Cardiff must appeal to FIFA (Disputes Resolution Chamber) together with a 25,000 fee, which will be refunded when they win.

Now 600,000 euros is bad news against the £3m Stoke were offering but can we really afford not to make sure we get this money from Celtic. If GJ doesn't understand the process I do and will be happy to advise the club on how to do it for say a 10% cut of any monies received. :D :D
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Merlin wrote:

they have to pay us aprox. 60,000 Euros for the each year he spent with us between 12 and 21 years old i believe!

Annex 4 of FIFA Statutes on the Status and Transfer of players. (courtesy of castleblue) :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Ledley is a wanker......so much for him being a loyal bluebird...my arse!!!

Why waste his carreer with That league for gods sake, how boring is that gonna be for him lets be honest, so this is where he will end his career :twisted:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

That's interesting. Means rather than no compensation we get some.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 pm

nerd wrote:That's interesting. Means rather than no compensation we get some.

I'd rather the £3m package stoke offered!!! we need EVERY penny of it! :oops:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Lets hope the lad dose right by the club that has put a lot of time and effort into his career. Come on joe do the right thing, go to Stoke. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Training Compensation, brought in By UEFA .
We have had him since he was a kid.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:59 pm

He hasn't signed for anybody yet, wait until he has before castigating the kid.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15092&p=140465#p140465

got villified for saying joe should think about where he is now , which is in part down to to the club.
so much for premiership football.
i would not welcome him baCK if he chose to go to scotland and leave the club he grew up in the lurch.
disgusting.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Why slag the boy off???

His career doesn't last that long, if I was in his shoes I'd be looking for the best possible deal for ME !!!

The club should've sorted his contract out a long time ago.

GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD !!!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 pm

i'll be gutted if he goes to celtic, i can't see why he would want to play in scotland, the championship is a far stronger league than the spl it would be a big backward step for joe in my opinion :evil:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Were we dependent on cash from Stoke to pay the tax man? if so what happens now?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 pm

ihatealiens wrote:He hasn't signed for anybody yet, wait until he has before castigating the kid.

Personally I have always said I wanted him to stay, but if he goes GOOD LUCK to The lad.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... _en_25.pdf

Annex 4 on page 33 Article 2 paragraph i & ii explain why training compensation is due :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:He hasn't signed for anybody yet, wait until he has before castigating the kid.

Personally I have always said I wanted him to stay, but if he goes GOOD LUCK to The lad.

Seconded, whoever gets him are getting themselves a damn good player and a real tryer, wherever he goes I am sure he will soon become a fans favourite. Good luck Joe on whatever you decide you have been a star for us and owe us nothing.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Seconded, whoever gets him are getting themselves a damn good player and a real tryer, wherever he goes I am sure he will soon become a fans favourite. Good luck Joe on whatever you decide you have been a star for us and owe us nothing.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annex 4 on page 33 Article 2 paragraph i & ii explain why training compensation is due :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Annex 4 on page 33 Article 2 paragraph i & ii explain why training compensation is due :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Next time you speak to Mark Bloom ask him to read it he really needs to. :lol: :lol:

Anyway good luck to Joe and I hope we see him in the Bluebird shirt again sometime in the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Just wait until those cunts visit Pittodrie - he'll be getting a right earful.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Whats the 900k for exactly Annis?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm

PtB wrote:Just wait until those cunts visit Pittodrie - he'll be getting a right earful.

Will he hear it over the rest of the Dons singing "We hate Rangers more than you"?

On a serious note, bit of a conflict of interest for me if he signs. Excellent move for Celtic but very disappointed in the decision Joe would be making as I can't make sense of it from a professional point of view.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:51 pm

The only motive going to the spl for joe would be wages and champ league,stoke is a better move,i would rather say i played in the prem,earned 20.000 plus etc,than say i played in the spl and a few champ league matches.I hope money is not his only motive and he goes to stoke a decent team in a top league,the club also needs 2mil plus,hope joe helps us with that

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 pm

good luck joe.

just wish you went to stoke :)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 pm

gup-1 wrote:The only motive going to the spl for joe would be wages and champ league,stoke is a better move,i would rather say i played in the prem,earned 20.000 plus etc,than say i played in the spl and a few champ league matches.I hope money is not his only motive and he goes to stoke a decent team in a top league,the club also needs 2mil plus,hope joe helps us with that

You cant blame him.

A. He asked Riddler to let him go to Stoke / 6 mill to Club ( mind you Riddler would have squandered that anyway no doubt)

B. Riddler, left him on a very low salary compared to other new favourable ones like 14k to Hudson when only on 8k at Charlton and at a time just relegated to Div 1..... mind you i wonder who that deal favoured if you get my drift!

C. The lad in money terms has to make up what 2 years of heavy loss of Salary that he would have earnt .

D. I bet he gets a fantastic signing on fee as hes basically free.

E. He could well play well at Celtic and get another quick move to the Prem anyway!

Good luck to the lad, hes been a great servent to the Club for sure- BLAME Ridsdale, not Joe.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm

castleblue wrote:http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/50/02/49/status_transfer_en_25.pdf

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Next time you speak to Mark Bloom ask him to read it he really needs to. :lol: :lol:

Anyway good luck to Joe and I hope we see him in the Bluebird shirt again sometime in the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Excellent piece of research Castle.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Merlin wrote:He has to decide VERY soon whether to leave us as a City hero - or a City villain - he knows how we treat Swansea players when they come here - so I sincerely hope he makes a very sensible choice! ;)

I wish someone would treat me bad for £25000 a week. I wouldnt give a damn on that money. :D