Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay bothroyd

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am

Jay Bothroyds words when i asked him "does he think we will be ok with this embargo we have got again?

"The club is now in good hands and is moving forward!! Looking forward to pre season and just concentrating on our job ... Winning games"

So loyal is our Jay :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Jay bothroyd

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:55 am

:thumbup:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

I do think we're the first club where he's felt he's playing to his best standard, albeit not consistently, but more regularly than previously. He won't leave unless he's forced out which I can't really see happening because we wouldn't get much for him, maybe £1m-£2m maximum... if that!

Yeah, he is a talent but for other clubs he's a gamble. I hope he stays.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Zabier wrote:I do think we're the first club where he's felt he's playing to his best standard, albeit not consistently, but more regularly than previously. He won't leave unless he's forced out which I can't really see happening because we wouldn't get much for him, maybe £1m-£2m maximum... if that!

Against my better judgement at the start of May this year I Emailed the FA with a note entitled FAO Fabio Capello and told him in no uncertain terms if England really wanted to win the World Cup then he needed to take Jay Bothroyd and Peter Whittingham to South Africa.

Whittingham would have solved England's long held left-hand side of midfield problem plus he would add a quality free-kick penalty taker and goals to the squad. Jay Bothroyd would have been the perfect foil for Wayne Rooney and if that didn't work out I suggested having Michael Chopra on the bench.

The ignorant tw*t didn't reply or take up my advice. I have no problem now gloating at England's dismal failure knowing I had given their manager the keys to the World Cup only for him to duly throw the golden opportunity down the drain.

What a tosser.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Zabier wrote:I do think we're the first club where he's felt he's playing to his best standard, albeit not consistently, but more regularly than previously. He won't leave unless he's forced out which I can't really see happening because we wouldn't get much for him, maybe £1m-£2m maximum... if that!

Against my better judgement at the start of May this year I Emailed the FA with a note entitled FAO Fabio Capello and told him in no uncertain terms if England really wanted to win the World Cup then he needed to take Jay Bothroyd and Peter Whittingham to South Africa.

Whittingham would have solved England's long held left-hand side of midfield problem plus he would add a quality free-kick penalty taker and goals to the squad. Jay Bothroyd would have been the perfect foil for Wayne Rooney and if that didn't work out I suggested having Michael Chopra on the bench.

The ignorant tw*t didn't reply or take up my advice. I have no problem now gloating at England's dismal failure knowing I had given their manager the keys to the World Cup only for him to duly throw the golden opportunity down the drain.

What a tosser.

This doesn't seem quite so extreme given the complete and utter failure of the twats that did play in South Africa :lol: I certainly don't think they could have been any less effective :roll:

If you detect a hint of bitterness it can be explained by the fact that in a moment of madness I put £20 on England bloody winning the thing :lol: :cry: :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

What a tosser.

This doesn't seem quite so extreme given the complete and utter failure of the twats that did play in South Africa :lol: I certainly don't think they could have been any less effective :roll:

If you detect a hint of bitterness it can be explained by the fact that in a moment of madness I put £20 on England bloody winning the thing :lol: :cry: :lol:

You've only got yourself to blame! :lol:

I think Bothroyd could have done really well out there to be honest! Better than most of those flops anyway.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:19 pm

and he did take one championship player with him too - David James! ;)