Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

In fairness to Annis

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:28 am

he takes some shite from people both on here and from the other message board but when I asked him to do me a favour and sort something out for my lad - he came up trumps and with no hassle.

Before anyone has a pop at me - I actually hard know Annis - I have bumped into him a couple of times at away games in the past and said Hello - The first time I met him was down the CCS stadium the day Ridsdale was meant to be walking but did not and spoke to him for a few minutes. After that he happened to stand next to me and my lad at Leicester away and had a brief chat then. What I am trying to say is I aint no follower I have my own opinions but people need to take a step back wards before having a pop and think what his agenda - ITS TO SELL BOOKS :o No it is the same as mine he wants the best for Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Now if anyone he knows Ledley wants to help me just like Annis did with Feeney then please step to the mark

Thanks Annis

Oh and I had the privelage of speaking to Carl (aka feeney :lol: )

Re: In fairness to Annis

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:32 am

tidy post mate and well said :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:47 am

Dobbin wrote:he takes some shite from people both on here and from the other message board but when I asked him to do me a favour and sort something out for my lad - he came up trumps and with no hassle.

Before anyone has a pop at me - I actually hard know Annis - I have bumped into him a couple of times at away games in the past and said Hello - The first time I met him was down the CCS stadium the day Ridsdale was meant to be walking but did not and spoke to him for a few minutes. After that he happened to stand next to me and my lad at Leicester away and had a brief chat then. What I am trying to say is I aint no follower I have my own opinions but people need to take a step back wards before having a pop and think what his agenda - ITS TO SELL BOOKS :o No it is the same as mine he wants the best for Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Now if anyone he knows Ledley wants to help me just like Annis did with Feeney then please step to the mark

Thanks Annis

Annis loves dogs and runs a charity for old and knackered Greyhounds which must have already secured his place in heaven.

(PS Despite the wishes of CCMB he is not planning on taking up that option just yet ;) )

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:58 am

:mrgreen: :ugeek:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Dobbin wrote:he takes some shite from people both on here and from the other message board but when I asked him to do me a favour and sort something out for my lad - he came up trumps and with no hassle.

Thanks Annis

Indeed tidy post.

In the 70s, 80s I use to walk on the other side of the road to Annis and his "gang" when going to matches. I use to hold the same view as some others on here about those guys on the other side of the road. However it does no one any good if you keep walking on different sides. Meeting halfway across the road can be dangerous, you could get run over, but sometimes you have to do that. I mean you might find out the road does not have dangerous vehicles on it so is quite safe.

What I like about this forum is it reminds me of that road I have just talked about. We have members on here who walked both sides of the road. Now we are walking together down the middle of the road with the same intentions of putting our club first. That can only be good for the club and that is down to forums just like this one.

I had a problem with those on the other side of the road,today I have a problem with those who insist on staying on their side of the road. We all have done things wrong in our lives and the worse thing than that is not being given a second chance. It is alot better to meet up and talk than keep that distance.

Just wanted to say that.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I think online there are a lot of bulls in china shops. People see a phrase or a sentence and react to that snippet. Annis, being the name holder of this board, gets targeted a lot because he's a figurehead. I've not met him personally yet but he's always been pleasant and helpful with me so do feel for him when things kick off but he's a big lad, gives as good as he gets and has more people supporting him than against him. It's all good. :ayatollah:

I don't even agree with all his views but I do agree with a lot and I appreciate the fact that no matter what your view is, if you show his view respect he will return that respect. Mutual respect is important, especially online and sometimes that's forgotten when people are so passionate and emotionally driven by a topic. It's a shame because a lot of decent people damage their own reputations by letting their heart lead their head in online discussions.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Indeed tidy post.

In the 70s, 80s I use to walk on the other side of the road to Annis and his "gang" when going to matches. I use to hold the same view as some others on here about those guys on the other side of the road. However it does no one any good if you keep walking on different sides. Meeting halfway across the road can be dangerous, you could get run over, but sometimes you have to do that. I mean you might find out the road does not have dangerous vehicles on it so is quite safe.

What I like about this forum is it reminds me of that road I have just talked about. We have members on here who walked both sides of the road. Now we are walking together down the middle of the road with the same intentions of putting our club first. That can only be good for the club and that is down to forums just like this one.

I had a problem with those on the other side of the road,today I have a problem with those who insist on staying on their side of the road. We all have done things wrong in our lives and the worse thing than that is not being given a second chance. It is alot better to meet up and talk than keep that distance.

Just wanted to say that.

Baked this road we are travelling down, is TLG the local traffic warden?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Thanks Annis

Indeed tidy post.

Just wanted to say that.

thats an intresting way to look at it :lol:
i understand it aswell :D

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Baked this road we are travelling down, is TLG the local traffic warden?

:lol:

Only if the lights are red.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Looking in on this thread, I feel like I've just walked in on a love-in :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Looking in on this thread, I feel like I've just walked in on a love-in :lol: :lol:

Yeah some could look at it that way. Saying that there are one or two guys if I ever met them amongst us and I could get away with it I will smack them. Hope they are man enough to understand why. :twisted:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Annis will always do favours for people if he can. He is an awesome fella. People who have a pop at him don't know him at all.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks Annis

get a grip dobbin he's horrible
ive got a picture of him and carl on my mantlepiece to keep the grand kids away from the fire :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 pm

steve davies wrote:

Thanks Annis

get a grip dobbin he's horrible
ive got a picture of him and carl on my mantlepiece to keep the grand kids away from the fire :lol:

Steve you havent have you :shock:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Never pre-judge anyone. Heard and seen loads of Annis over the years, only meet him at Play Off final, found him him a very sociable bloke who is extremely passionate about the club. Also went out of his way to get my grandson a ticket and place on a coach for the game without even knowing me.

Thanks for that Annis

JBBJ

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Cheers everyone thats what Friends are for :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Just wanted to say that.[/quote]

Bloody hell i used to walk in the middle of the road wandering what side i should go to. But in the end i used to run to the side where all the opposition supporters were with the rest of the mad City fans :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Im sure it was annis who mugged me under the old grange end had it away with my robirch pie :lol: :lol: only joking annis :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 pm

earnieblue wrote:Im sure it was annis who mugged me under the old grange end had it away with my robirch pie :lol: :lol: only joking annis :lol:

:lol:

I hope I never :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks Annis

Did they tell you to say this???? :twisted:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 am

PtB wrote:

Thanks Annis

Did they tell you to say this???? :twisted:

:lol: No

Maybe I should have negotiated something in return for this post - Missed a trick !!