Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "6 PIVOTAL MONTHS AHEAD"

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Carl another excellent post and totally honest from you but surely tg and vt have been advised that the squad was nowhere near big enough last year and many players have already left in the summer. The squad is in urgent need of strenghening and that does,nt include the bottelers we have in the squad who should be given their p45!!!!!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Surely they should free some shares up and offer to fans. I've said this before but I'm sure most city fans would love to have shares in the club they support?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Goodshoes wrote:Surely they should free some shares up and offer to fans. I've said this before but I'm sure most city fans would love to have shares in the club they support?

Problem is they need to get a big chunk of money in, so would limit it to a minimum of £1000.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Goodshoes wrote:Surely they should free some shares up and offer to fans. I've said this before but I'm sure most city fans would love to have shares in the club they support?

Problem is they need to get a big chunk of money in, so would limit it to a minimum of £1000.

I'm sure fans who could afford it would stump up that figure?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am

Carl

i have had a couple of PM's with TG and I think the state of the club when they finally got the Riddler out was much worse than even their due diligence would have revealed and as you say it is a long hard slog to stabilise the club, particularly when you run a proper business conglomerate such as Berjaya

all we can hope for is financial stability asap and player loyalty to keep the squad in place as much as possible

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 am

I sent TG an email welcoming him etc & enquired about the tax bill

His reply was ' the club will sort it'

very short but to the point

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:25 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:So when the japs came over they said we don't want to go through the play offs again, we want to be top 2 - They were obviously talking cack

We are desperate for players & again nothing likely to arrive because we have this embargo in place

I can't see how the future is bright - I think we have been duped again

We got no cash but we can still pay stupid wages to the twats that let us down so badly at wembley :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

They are not japs. That is actually quite insulting. The wages were there on the books before they came in. Contracts cannot simply be ripped up.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:28 am

Bakedalasker wrote:The Malaysians need us in the premier to get a return on their investment. If we stay where we are I feel they could be awaiting along time before they see a return.

For this to happen they need to invest even more than what they have done. Problem is why should they when there are other that dont want to?

I agree with the 6 pivotal months. I can see us going into the season with hardly any new signing but a squad capable of challenging for the top. Officially we are the best team in the league as we have kept most of our players who lost out in the PO final. So yes come January there is no reason why we cant be somewhere near the top. Besides we do have the highest paid manager so we can expect that.

Meanwhile in the background while the team is riding high the Malaysians can go to work and sort it all out. Come January they will have achieved the takeover, at their price, that they want. Once they have come through that then they will invest in the team to get us in the premier. Thats what I think will happen in the next 6 months.

The team who actually finished 3rd last year are still in this division plus we have the 3 premiership clubs down who finished above us in the pyramid last year so there are officially 4 teams better than us.

We will miss Ledley too. Only will realise once he is gone.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:15 am

Merlin wrote:
The success of TG and VT and especially the Berjaya Group, only highlights the fact that they are astute business men, with an eye for a deal!! They came here to make money, and thats what they will do, but i think they will do it with the support and backing of the fans.

SPOT ON

I know it's hard but we have to just put our trust in TG and VT, they're no mugs. I Think Steve had it right, we're going to have to bite the bullet this season to accommodate the old regimes spending... we have no income streams this season.

Yes I would like nothing more than for VT to spend all his wedge on us...but he is NOT a football fan, this will be BUSINESS for him.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:25 am

Surely if the debt was that bad then we would have allready seen a quick fire sale such as the sale of Whittingham, Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack and Burke.
I believe the Malaysians are good businessmen and know what they are doing. I fully expect the tax bill to be paid and loan signings to arrive and possibly even a few good players (all be it freebies) by the start of the season.
Maybe im being to positive but a little positivity is what we need :ayatollah:

When all the star players such as them named above start getting sold and we got to rely on Wrexham/Aldershot/Farnborough Town players like our neighbours down West, then thats the time i will start to worry

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am

My fear is that just to get the club to xmas will
Mean the Malaysians pumping in a few more
Million. With no new players coming in, and with
Our current squad persistently being fucked about
Re: wages/bonuses etc.. We could be down near
The bottom of the table by January!! Thats how
Fickle this division is! To suggest we are STILL
Going to be right up there is naive. Everyone else
Is busy strengthening their squads as we speak!

How long will TG be happy to keep the club afloat
Knowing full well that a big chunk of the money is
Feathering the nests of cuckoos who are contributing
f**k all!!!

They have pumped in well over 6m - by christmas
It could be double that. Hard nosed businessmen
Are not afraid to speculate. But neither are they
Afraid to count their losses and walk away.

Im crossing everything so tight here i can hardly piss!! :( :(

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 am

[quote="taffyapple"]My fear is that just to get the club to xmas will
Mean the Malaysians pumping in a few more
Million. With no new players coming in, and with
Our current squad persistently being fucked about
Re: wages/bonuses etc.. We could be down near
The bottom of the table by January!! Thats how
Fickle this division is! To suggest we are STILL
Going to be right up there is naive. Everyone else
Is busy strengthening their squads as we speak

Exactly, this was the point I was making. There is NO PLAYER in their right mind that will want to come to CCFC and Im assuming that our better players will be gone and who can blame them, so that's left with a squad of youth and loanee's. I cant be no more optimistic than look at mid table at its very best. As we all know our fans are so fickle and whilst we are battling it out at the bottom end of the division we will be lucky to get crowds of 13,000, forget the fact that we sold more season tickets.

Our support dont forget, we may have a new regime in place but the trust issue will always be there at CCFC and it will be CCFC that'll suffer the consequences. I hope Im wrong but people who talk about pushing on and challenging but challenge with what..........?