Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I have just read this

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:24 pm

I believe it is our club we are the heart and soul of the club ?
any comments on it

This phrase cracks me up every time any supporter spouts it. It's entirely nonsense; unless that is you happen to be a supporter who is a major shareholder or owner of the said club. We are customers of the club we happen to support, nothing else bar maybe an emotional attachment. Fact is I know many people who have strong emotional attachments with many brands be they cars or whatever, they are the same as us supporters. Why would being a supporter of Cardiff City under any circumstance give us the right to know the daily in's and out's of the clubs business as many seems to argue? If this was the case all that would happen, is what has happened to our club over the last 2-3 weeks, it becomes messy and unmanageable.
I'm no expert in running football clubs, but when a club has a new billionaire major backer on the board my instinct would indicate that this guy/s is probably pretty good at running businesses and maybe just maybe, he has fair idea what he wants to do to stabilise and grow the club for the future. If this means Jones now hast to work to a sensible budget, I'm all for it, If it means players wages are going to restricted I'm all for it. And before anyone starts the doom and gloom about next season, remember Blackpool!

a city fan called pug wrote it.