Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Not looking good for cardiff and chelsea fans

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Hardly "sniping" is it Marc?

Just putting over my point of view.

I appreciate that it's not popular on here, but I'm entitled to my opinions.

I bet at some point you have been thankful of the lads saving you and many many scarfers from being attacked by opposition fans. If they weren't there at away games how safe would you feel walking out ?
At QPR and Newcastle there supporters were attacking scarfers at will but when walking with lads there they weren't touched. Coincidental ?? i think not Claude.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 pm

You must have missed some of my earlier posts on this subject.

I've been away with Cardiff City since the mid-70's and never needed the "help" of the "arsehole crew" or anybody else thank you.

Never been involved in any violence at a football match. Seen plenty, but it's easily avoided if you wish.

So, to re-iterate. I hope all of those found guilty in a court of law for whatever offence committed at Chelsea earlier this year are banned for life by our club.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Claude Blue wrote:You must have missed some of my earlier posts on this subject.

I've been away with Cardiff City since the mid-70's and never needed the "help" of the "arsehole crew" or anybody else thank you.

Never been involved in any violence at a football match. Seen plenty, but it's easily avoided if you wish.

So, to re-iterate. I hope all of those found guilty in a court of law for whatever offence committed at Chelsea earlier this year are banned for life by our club.

you really are a f*cking tosser!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 am

I will repeat what I have always said and I believe in, Football fans that fight at football when convicted get worse punishments than a Burglar,Drug dealers,Rapists,Peados etc etc for what fighting with someone who wants to fight them.
How can they be worse than one of them ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:48 am

Claude Blue wrote:Excellent statement from the club.

If found guilty let's hope the club ban them for life.

Slowly but surely these lowlifes are being removed from our club.

I have also backed claude,but on this post i disagree,life ban, everyone deserves a second chance,some people will get punished for just standing there and shouting,no violence-just banter shouting,you think that warrants a ban?the punishment is way to severe when related to football,if the chelsea incident was on a saturday night in town there would be no publicity and the charges would be public order £80 fine.i hope all the people involved get treated fairly

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 am

BigGwynram wrote:He likes the attention but if you question him on points he makes he goes quiet, the other night he was adamant that Sam has never put a penny of his own money into the club, yet lots of us proved hime wrong even since62 stated that Sam had paid 3.9 milion for the club, perhaps there were no pennies involved.

I wonder how many away games he's been to because whilst I've never attacked rival fans I have been in groups who have been attacked and had to defend themselves, so if your one of Claudes friends and you get attacked, your on your own fellas, every man for himself. :lol:

Also if you are seen defending yourself, as far as the police and often the courts are concerned, you are classed as a football hooligan.

The only problem any of them caught on video will have is that most of them were on the Kings Rd. A good defence will be that they were coming out of the ground, they came under attack and were just defending themselves. But that would have happened on the Fulham Rd. If you were on the Kings Rd, and we've all seen the footage, getting caught up in a situation and defending yourself probably won't wash with any court. Everyone there looks like they were there for one reason only; to have a good old fashioned tear up with Chelsea's firm. Like minded people or not, worse sentences than paedo's, etc, or not. They all know that, if convicted, a possible stretch inside and/or a long banning order is looming.

If they want to get involved in this sort of thing, it doesn't bother me one way or another. But you have to bear in mind what repurcussions could and will happen in today's CCTV age

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 am

Claude Blue wrote:You must have missed some of my earlier posts on this subject.

Of course it's easy to avoid trouble, you keep your head down and leave your mates get a kicking if it comes on top, if you see a famly being abused by away fans you can simply walk past and let them deal with it.
But one day, it may be your turn to be abused and you may be praying some fellow City fans with more principle than you will step in to help you.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 am

So, Gwyn.

Would you rather see the time when all supporters, regardless of whom they support, can attend a football match without the fear of violent assault?

Or are you happy that outbursts of violence still occur up and down the country on a regular basis?

Maybe you're one of those who hark back for the "halcyon days" of football violence during the 70's and 80's?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 am

Claude Blue wrote:So, Gwyn.

Would you rather see the time when all supporters, regardless of whom they support, can attend a football match without the fear of violent assault?

Or are you happy that outbursts of violence still occur up and down the country on a regular basis?

Maybe you're one of those who hark back for the "halcyon days" of football violence during the 70's and 80's?

He's not saying this, is he? We would all prefer the days when everyone could attend a match without a hint of danger to either yourself or anyone else, but if you see a fellow supporter or a family or a mate in trouble, isn't it your duty to step in and help if no police/stewards are around to stop this escalating?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 am

But surely the best way is to remove the trouble makers from the game?

Hence my assertion that those found guilty should be banned.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 am

Claude Blue wrote:But surely the best way is to remove the trouble makers from the game?

Claude the vast majority of so called Chelsea supporters in that incident DID NOT attend the game thru whatever reasons so what was their purpose of being in the area of the day of the match then ? Im not condoning the Cardiff fans either BUT the video evidence will decide who was causing trouble and who was just " caught up " !

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 am

Claude Blue wrote:But surely the best way is to remove the trouble makers from the game?

Yeah, removing troublemakers from the game is good, but the point is how easy it is sometimes to get caught up in what's going on around you. Lucky for you that you haven't been put in the position of getting caught up in anything, but you never know what might happen at a game in the future

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am

I agree and a banning order will prevent these neanderthals from being anywhere near the ground.

If they break the order - and I bet many of those Chelsea fans were - then hopefully they will be imprisoned and hit with a lengthier ban.

Personally, I'm glad the courts are getting tough on these people. They have been the scourge of our sport for too long.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:I will repeat what I have always said and I believe in, Football fans that fight at football when convicted get worse punishments than a Burglar,Drug dealers,Rapists,Peados etc etc for what fighting with someone who wants to fight them.

So are you saying it's okay to be a "Burglar,Drug dealers,Rapists,Peados etc etc " so long as the punishment fits should you be caught and found guilty?

(playing devils advocate, obviously, but causing violence and widespread panic is still a crime..)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 am

Claude Blue wrote:I agree and a banning order will prevent these neanderthals from being anywhere near the ground.

If they break the order - and I bet many of those Chelsea fans were - then hopefully they will be imprisoned and hit with a lengthier ban.

Personally, I'm glad the courts are getting tough on these people. They have been the scourge of our sport for too long.

You really do live in a fantasy world don't you. At QPR i was talking to Baz he was attacked for wearing a City top in a small group, am i defending those QPR scum ? NEVER . If you want to have a row with someone who is like minded let them get on with it in my opinion,but i really do have strong opinions on those who attack someone who just wants to have a few pints and watch the game with no interest in having a row. If these arseholes get caught and had a spell inside i would say well deserved. Revert back to QPR i was in a group who you could say look after themselves, Anyway we were walking along i think South Africa RD those same Arseholes were lined up on the side of the road............and guess what nothing happened because those gutless wankers didn't want to have a go at a group that could handle themselves. Now had i been walking say two of us in City shirts they would of took us.
The world you want where everyone loves each other dosen't exsist!! this is the world we live in where one minute you could be having a laugh and a pint with opposition supporters then the next pub they could attack you, not right but that's the world we live in and when that happens who would i like to be by my side Gwyn, Annis ,Big Sam, Pitbull ETC or Claude Blue and his mates ? Answers on a post card please.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 am

I've answered that point, but clearly it's gone over your head.

The QPR "fans" you refer to are exactly the sort who, in my world as you put it, would be banned and/or imprisoned for their criminal activity!!

Then other fans, like me and the vast majority, wouldn't need you, Annis, Big Gwyn, et al to "look after me."

Now, what part of that don't you understand?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 am

But they haven't got rid of those type of fans chief in fact they are getting more common. And to make it worse the local old bill turn a blind eye to it. What part of that do you fail to understand. And would i or any other supporter come to your aid ? Well what part of "your on your f*cking own" do you understand.
OF course in Claude's world you woulden't need some backup but we don't live in those times. Me i just want to have a few pints have a laugh and not get into any rows and i haven't for an awful long time but at times i was glad that i was with certain company.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 am

Nuclearblue wrote:But they haven't got rid of those type of fans chief in fact they are getting more common. And to make it worse the local old bill turn a blind eye to it. What part of that do you fail to understand. And would i or any other supporter come to your aid ? Well what part of "your on your f*cking own" do you understand.
OF course in Claude's world you woulden't need some backup but we don't live in those times. Me i just want to have a few pints have a laugh and not get into any rows and i haven't for an awful long time but at times i was glad that i was with certain company.

A good point well made

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 am

Claude Blue wrote:I've answered that point, but clearly it's gone over your head.

The QPR "fans" you refer to are exactly the sort who, in my world as you put it, would be banned and/or imprisoned for their criminal activity!!

Then other fans, like me and the vast majority, wouldn't need you, Annis, Big Gwyn, et al to "look after me."

Claude, why do you have to be so patronising. If you cut out this bollocks people might start listening to you more favourable.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:I've answered that point, but clearly it's gone over your head.

Claude, why do you have to be so patronising. If you cut out this bollocks people might start listening to you more favourable.

Bakedalasker even most scarfers have admitted in the past that they have been glab that our Lads have been around at certain points!! they may not agree with them but they have been thankfull they were aroend. As on the flip side every lad at one point has been glad the old bill had been around to save the day. Funny old world isnt it.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Am i at any point promoting football violence ? NO. I am at the age where i just want to watch the game have a few pints and have a laugh.
If". in my opinion fans want to have a row why not do it properly. Put some gloves on and do it in the ring, for those who like a bit more total fighting then!! there's cage fighting, You can do Karate, tae kwon do, unlicensed boxing, or if you want something totally extreme there is bare knuckle fighting!! it still goes on. But with a lot of so called lads they like to take out someone who is not interested in a row like Claude.
I have total respect for anyone who can do the above sports and stand in the middle of the ring or dojo and fight one on one. My boy last tear at 12 years old and a green belt at the time took on a 15 year old Black belt one on one ,now that takes guts. would i take on a black belt ? f**k that no i wouldn't.
These are the true guys with guts there's no running away when you are in the ring or dojo, for them lads i have respect like my mate Pete, who i go regularly to games with who is one of the above and won medals. If you are reading Pete respect. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 pm

davebb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I will repeat what I have always said and I believe in, Football fans that fight at football when convicted get worse punishments than a Burglar,Drug dealers,Rapists,Peados etc etc for what fighting with someone who wants to fight them.

So are you saying it's okay to be a "Burglar,Drug dealers,Rapists,Peados etc etc " so long as the punishment fits should you be caught and found guilty?

(playing devils advocate, obviously, but causing violence and widespread panic is still a crime..)

Am I saying its OK to be one of them, "ARE YOU SERIOUS", I AM SAYING THEY SHOUD BE GETTING WORSE PUNISHMENTS THAN A FOOTBALL FAN CONVICTED OF A FIGHT WITH A LIKE MINDED FOOTBALL FAN.

Where does it say I think its OK to be one of them ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Where does it say I think its OK to be one of them ?

Read all of my post.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm

I have never punched anybody in the face at a football match, I have also never been arrested. Funny that? If you get involved in fighting at football you're an idiot, 99% of people get caught!