Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would we have been better going into administration?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 am

Interested in thoughts on this. Malaysians would have taken over still but with a lot less debts maybe?

Does anyone think they were originally waiting for this to happen but changed their mind thinking Premiership was a possibility?

Re: Would we have been better going into administration?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:32 am

maccydee wrote:Interested in thoughts on this. Malaysians would have taken over still but with a lot less debts maybe?

Does anyone think they were originally waiting for this to happen but changed their mind thinking Premiership was a possibility?

is it that easy then and would the administrator actually sell CCFC to them ?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:33 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
maccydee wrote:Interested in thoughts on this. Malaysians would have taken over still but with a lot less debts maybe?

is it that easy then and would the administrator actually sell CCFC to them ?

Very unlikely now that they are directors and members of the current board and have the biggest stake in the club.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 am

not making it into the Prem has scuppered everybody's plans I think including Riddler and PMG etc , Im glad we didnt get promoted otherwise its just papering over the cracks plus Ridsdale and some of the board have been exposed as liars and robbing greedy bastards IMO ! Lets do it the Malaysian way and build from a steady stable position :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 am

Sometimes, I wish we had and got Rid of ALL THE BAD EGGS and STARTED A CLEAN SLATE. But it is so complicated.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 am

As Annis said the administration option is far too compliacted. I know the administrator at C Palace was against a fire sale of players because he wanted to be able to sell on a Championship team which had a competitive team (TalkSport interview)

We wouldn't have that option because of the secured debts we have against the players transfer values, they would be sold no matter what we or the administrator wanted. Also PMG have debts secured against other assets which could possibly include the sale of CCS.

The Malaysians are playing a canny game and in all respects we have no real other option but to accept their judgement.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks for replies. I am genuinely interested.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

As Annis said the administration option is far too compliacted. I know the administrator at C Palace was against a fire sale of players because he wanted to be able to sell on a Championship team which had a competitive team (TalkSport interview)

We wouldn't have that option because of the secured debts we have against the players transfer values, they would be sold no matter what we or the administrator wanted. Also PMG have debts secured against other assets which could possibly include the sale of CCS.

The Malaysians are playing a canny game and in all respects we have no real other option but to accept their judgement.

I'm quite prepared to accept TG and VT's judgement, they have IMO already showed real commitment to sorting out the shambles they inherited, doubting them is doing them an injustice, we still have a club to support (something that looked unlikely for a lot of last season),looks like we're retaining our squad from last season (bar Ledley, and he was offered a big payrise) and some of the longterm debt clouds that have been hovering over us have been or are being sorted ( including Langston, TG is meeting SH soon I believe).
They still have a lot of shite to sort through, but IMO we have the right people at the helm to get this club back on an even keel, so lets stop shooting ourselves in the foot and back them!!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Yes Yes Yes, especially as Ridsdale is STILL involved.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 pm

with this latest debt to the revenue i doubt if we would be able to go into administration that easily
the hmrc argued extensivley before the last hearing that we were trading insolvent therefore i think this time they would push for insolvency and therefore liquidation.
you only need to look at chester for your benchmark

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm

steve davies wrote:with this latest debt to the revenue i doubt if we would be able to go into administration that easily
the hmrc argued extensivley before the last hearing that we were trading insolvent therefore i think this time they would push for insolvency and therefore liquidation.
you only need to look at chester for your benchmark

Good point our previous with the HMRC certainly wouldn't be of any help.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

All I am going to say is that I have faith in TG and VT. We might have the odd knock back but they know what they're doing. The mess we've gotten in, there's going to be hits and negative news but in the long run all this is beneficial.