Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THERE A POWER STRUGGLE

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Just wondering, is there possibly a power struggle going on between Tg and the other dircetors and I promise you I know no facts regarding this other than snippets of info from both boards.

If the existing board or major share holders are standing by their decision not to put another penny into the club, are they waiting for Tg to keep plugging the gaps, get the club back on an even keel and then hope to sell their shares when the value of them picks up.

As I said I have no knowledge if this is correct, just would like to hear other peoples thought.

I genuinely hope the Malaysians haven't been stitched up, met Tg and he seems sound as a pound, hope they are switched on and haven't been dumped on, wouldn't have minded seeing that Ben Steele get stitched up mind, he did seem like a knob. 8-)

Re: IS THERE A POWER STRUGGLE

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm

tg is insisting on sticking with n power wheras gethin wants to switch to eon :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Gwyn I think The Malaysians will eventually prove too powerful for the other Directors and the main Fact is The Malaysians are willing to put money in Our Club and the others ARE NOT WILLING TOO.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Always felt partnerships dont work.

I quite liked the idea of a Sam/Malaysian thing. Financial control by TG with Sam getting the atmosphere going again. The more I think about it though the less I think it is unworkable.

So now I favour a VT/TG takeover. Just how they are going to get rid of the egg chasers I just dont know.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gwyn I think The Malaysians will eventually prove too powerful for the other Directors and the main Fact is The Malaysians are willing to put money in Our Club and the others ARE NOT WILLING TOO.

the malaysians are able to force pmg into converting some of their debt into shares if they want to
so who's the daddy

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:42 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gwyn I think The Malaysians will eventually prove too powerful for the other Directors and the main Fact is The Malaysians are willing to put money in Our Club and the others ARE NOT WILLING TOO.

the malaysians are able to force pmg into converting some of their debt into shares if they want to
so who's the daddy

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Are they? What I mean is, right now, only owning 30%, are the Malaysians really willing to put money into the club?
Because uf they are, they aren't half being slow about doing it.

I think the Malaysians want a lot more than 30% before they start putting anything more than pocket change into the club, which means something has to change.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:50 pm

SteW wrote:

Are they? What I mean is, right now, only owning 30%, are the Malaysians really willing to put money into the club?

I think the Malaysians want a lot more than 30% before they start putting anything more than pocket change into the club, which means something has to change.

Theyve got 36% and I believe slowly but slowly they will Drive all the others out,My Opinion and I REALLY HOPE SO.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:55 pm

["SteW"]["Forever Blue"]Gwyn I think The Malaysians will eventually prove too powerful for the other Directors and the main Fact is The Malaysians are willing to put money in Our Club and the others ARE NOT WILLING TOO

I think the Malaysians want a lot more than 30% before they start putting anything more than pocket change into the club, which means something has to change.[/quote]

as i said earlier today stew as long as they pay the debts as and when they turn up that shows their long term commitment to the club.
They always said they were going to bring the clubs finances under control and the fact that they have brought the langston payments up to date indicate to me that they are here for the duration.
Tg said in his press release that he thought aquiring the club eventually for 30 million would still be a bargain but i still think they will put pressure on existing creditors to further reduce their debts prior to taking total control.
we all need to be patient and remember without the intervention of tg this board would be remeniscing about the good old days and discussing going to see cardiff afc at bath in a proper league match.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound as if I was moaning. I'm more than happy with what I think the Malaysians are doing*. I didn't expect them to come in and pump tens of millions into the club. In fact, I'd be worried if they did.

I phrase it like this because it is only my opinion. I may be way off the mark, but I can only go on what I've seen.