Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES TO GO

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Well unlike Annis I for one hope he stays, we need some sort of stability here at the moment, but he must be tamping with all this indecision going on. Personally I'l have a lot more respect for him if he can help steady the ship during these choppy times.

I know he don't set out to make himself the press's or even the fans best friend with some of his outburts, but as long as he gets the results he can do what he wants in my book. :old:

Re: DAVE JONES TO GO

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Well unlike Annis I for one hope he stays, we need some sort of stability here at the moment, but he must be tamping with all this indecision going on. Personally I'l have a lot more respect for him if he can help steady the ship during these choppy times.

I know he don't set out to make himself the press's or even the fans best friend with some of his outburts, but as long as he gets the results he can do what he wants in my book. :old:

:lol: :lol:

Yes I am Def not a Jones fan Gwyn, but if he does well this Season with No money at All, then I will have to eat My Words. GOOD LUCK TO HIM, WE ALL HAVE TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM MORE THAN EVER THIS SEASON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:58 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Well unlike Annis I for one hope he stays, we need some sort of stability here at the moment, but he must be tamping with all this indecision going on. Personally I'l have a lot more respect for him if he can help steady the ship during these choppy times.

I had respect for him from what he did in the first season he was here, when he came to a club which had to sell anything worth a penny, and his big name purchase was JEFF WHITERY. he took us to a respectable position that season, and the next season to the very top of the table. Since then we've been there or therabouts every season. Ok, we might have missed out, but so too have clubs with more money and more stable backgrounds. He's got to lose a few points for the end of season slumps, but we also need to bear in mind that he's rarely been able to strengthen properly at Christmas.

Its an argument thats been done to death, and many don't like him due to his 'personality' but maybe that stubborn streak has helped him through at a club that has had its fair share of turmoil.

For me its a 7 out of 10 at least.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:58 pm

At the end of the day, The results on the pitch is what it's all about really isnt it! So if Jones keeps getting us 3 pts, He'll have just as much backing from me as TG and VT. I do feel sorry for him tbh, the guy's had to put up with alot of shit the past season and he's managed to pull off the unthinkable. I just hope he can instill the right mindset for the players going into the new season and they focus on what they have to do ON the pitch and not OFF it! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Im sure he will do a grand job. Poor sod has had to work under the riddler for how many years now, it's time he had the chance to work under a decent chairman.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:13 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if JOnes walks away with all the constant turmoil going on..... but then again, his salary is just too lucartive.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 pm

FULHAM maybe ?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Is this coming season gonna be any more trying for him than any of the past 5? I think not, same shit different season.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 pm

beano1 wrote:FULHAM maybe ?

Sven is in for Fulham job

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Let's remember most of last season we were under a transfer embargo, late wages, court cases, take overs an he still managed to get us close to the promised land. Very underrated IMo

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Let's remember most of last season we were under a transfer embargo, late wages, court cases, take overs an he still managed to get us close to the promised land. Very underrated IMo

I agree Luke and when you take into account the size of our squad and the injuries we suffered last season (Forget Hudson as I believe his injury helped us somewhat), I thought he did a good job!

There was times last season, when I thought I should find a new pair of boots and offer my services! :)

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:06 pm

I think as much as he probably hates a portion of our fans for disliking him I think he loves us really. He's had loads of chances to go to better clubs on more money and he hasn't. He's here until something really bad happens I reckon. I hope he stays. He's been my favourite manager of ours, even ahead of Eddie May to be honest purely because of the football we play. He's always got my vote and backing.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Zabier wrote:I think as much as he probably hates a portion of our fans for disliking him I think he loves us really. He's had loads of chances to go to better clubs on more money and he hasn't. He's here until something really bad happens I reckon. I hope he stays. He's been my favourite manager of ours, even ahead of Eddie May to be honest purely because of the football we play. He's always got my vote and backing.

with the shit dave jones has had to put up with, i think he did a decent job last year.

do i like him?? do i f**k!!! cant stand the man, purely in my opinion based on his arragance and attitude he portrays towards media, players and fans.
i swear he thinks god answers to him.
as for liking the fans......no comment! :lol:

( dont get me started on a dave jones rant) :lol: :lol: