Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Southgate for the Gypos

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Seems a bit of money has been taken today

Re: Southgate for the Gypos

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Hugh Pugh picks the team and does the transfers so they only need a coach........

Notwithstanding that, my money is on Kenny Jacket.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Seems a bit of money has been taken today

In what part of the country though? I think that southgate is viewed as a sort of biggish name in football circles and Swansea aren't really, being a bit of an outpost, geographically speaking. I can't see Southgate going there and they will more than likely end up with a journeyman manager. Probably the jerks deluding themselves they can attract someone of Southgate's perceived ability and persona and they're going down the bookies for a cheeky little bet on him

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Gonzo wrote:Hugh Pugh picks the team and does the transfers so they only need a coach........

Notwithstanding that, my money is on Kenny Jacket.

makes u wonder why any manager will go there WITHOUT a transfer budget and only have the players that the CHAIRMAN wants , how the hell can the jacks sign players when theres no 1st team manager ? They said we are a joke :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Midfield general wrote:I think they'll go for Chris Coleman

He has always sed that he would never go though, cos his family live there... and if he done shit, they'd get abused!! (not just by the family)

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:I think they'll go for Chris Coleman

Me too.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:38 pm

I work in gypo land with people who are friendly with Coleman, I said to them today it will be Coleman for manager then, they said that he has said he will never manage Swansea as his family still live there & all hes concerned about the grief they would get etc.

Can't see them paying any compo for a manager, so it would have to be a manager currently out of work.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Cookie will never manage the Swans, he publicly stated that last year when we were looking to replace Martinez.
Bookies are making Southgate the favourite as we have his old Boro scout at the club (David Leadbitter), plus the fact he is out of work.
I don't think Sean O'driscoll is seriously in the running either. Paul Tisdale of Exeter has been mentioned too. I wouldn't be happy with that appointment. No contacts or experience and his name sounds too much like Ridsdale! :D

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Isn't Paul Jewell still out of a job?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 pm

I don't think he is even on the betting list at the moment on skybet and VC Scotty.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 pm

How about Garry Speed Jack :?: :?:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:How about Garry Speed Jack :?: :?:

By all accounts he was interviewed last season and it went down as well as a fart in an astronaut suit! :D It was a disaster by all accounts.

I have a sneaky feeling it could be Poyet or Graeme Jones. I just hope it's not the tw*t with the cravat from Exeter. :D

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 am

i think tisdale will get the job,he has done a decent job on a shite budget,but managing in the championship is a different game however i would like to wish the new manager all the worse for the forthcoming season

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 pm

gup-1 wrote:i think tisdale will get the job,he has done a decent job on a shite budget,but managing in the championship is a different game however i would like to wish the new manager all the worse for the forthcoming season

I really don't want him there! I think though the new manager will be someone off everyones radar including the bookies like last time around.