Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cash/Player swap for Ledley?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:56 am

There seems to be a general consensus that we may not be wanting any swap players for Joe, and we are looking for a straight cash deal. Can this be confirmed as fact? TBH, amongst the doom and gloom, and only reading from posts on this board, come the beginning of the season, we could have brought in the likes of Loovens and Drinkwater on loan, Kitson, Tonge & Heaton. Now in my mind, that makes us a far stronger outfit than last year.

We also seem to be interested in a Reading player.

Am I just trying to convince myself that everything is going to be OK or am I away with the fairies (again!) :D

Re: Cash/Player swap for Ledley?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 am

its all good and well Stoke saying they will give is Kitson and Tonge but then these 2 are on prem wages which CCFC wont want to pay plus do the 2 guys actually want to leave Stoke ? CCFC will want abour £3 mil I guess .

Re: Cash/Player swap for Ledley?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:06 am

Martyn1963 wrote:its all good and well Stoke saying they will give is Kitson and Tonge but then these 2 are on prem wages which CCFC wont want to pay plus do the 2 guys actually want to leave Stoke ? CCFC will want abour £3 mil I guess .

Understandable, but are deals such as these made whereby the selling club still continues to pay part of the players wages? I know it happens in loan situations, but Ive also heard it to be prevalent in permanent switches aswell. IF, we do get £3m, then nothing changes I guess. ie we get, what for us, is major money for a player, and it goes down a black hole. A necessary black hole maybe, but a black hole nevertheless.... :?