Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the malaysians and gething jenkins

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:08 am

they have only been here for a short amount of time why do people expect everything to run all nice and rosie?
they havnt bought a car they have invested a football club and it will take time to adjust and get the club running as it should.
as for gethin jenkins he's only been here a short amount of time aswell why dont people give the guy time to get to grips with his new job and envoiroment what some on here are doing is nothing short of a witch hunt since the day he came here theres been snipping and abuse towards him give the guy a break and see if he can settle down in his role first..
i can see it now if sam does invest and gets on the board the same people will be snipping to get the malaysians out because they dont share the same enthusisam as sam.
pity more people didnt concentrate on just being fans instead of getting involved all the time..

Re: the malaysians and gething jenkins

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 am

First impressions count. The removal of Gwyns book on practically his first day angered me. The fact that the guy has stuck his nose up at us when we asked for an explaination angered me more.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:08 am

He lied to us and the press that the Malaysian tour was called off because of logistical reasons. He hasn't lost money the loyal fans who were going to support the team have.

LOGISTICAL REASONS MY ARSE !!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:18 am

ridofrid wrote:He lied to us and the press that the Malaysian tour was called off because of logistical reasons. He hasn't lost money the loyal fans who were going to support the team have.

LOGISTICAL REASONS MY ARSE !!

TG has backed that statement with his letter though hasnt he ? Im not convinced its nothing to do with the money tho coz its a bit of a coincidence I feel .

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 am

I disagreed about the books but Gethin Jenkins can only release what he is told to at the end of the day.

Carl asked him to keep the fans more up to date and since then he has commented a lot more via the official site. Im willing to give him a chance

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 am

TG did back jenkins but there is no way it was cancelled for logistical reasons.

Perhaps he just wanted to kill the speculation and not have the real reason come out

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:First impressions count. The removal of Gwyns book on practically his first day angered me. The fact that the guy has stuck his nose up at us when we asked for an explaination angered me more.

I have to agree. 'look at me, I'm in charge'...... The guy has clearly been asked to look after the business, but for me that doesnt include going on power trips. Anyway, according to snippets that have come out from people on this board, and more noteably fans of other clubs (Stoke City), the guy has yet to find his feet in dealing with football issues.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:07 am

Still flat broke wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:First impressions count. The removal of Gwyns book on practically his first day angered me. The fact that the guy has stuck his nose up at us when we asked for an explaination angered me more.

I have to agree. 'look at me, I'm in charge'...... The guy has clearly been asked to look after the business, but for me that doesnt include going on power trips. Anyway, according to snippets that have come out from people on this board, and more noteably fans of other clubs (Stoke City), the guy has yet to find his feet in dealing with football issues.

yes but if CCFC are paying Ridsdale a salary then make him work for his money !

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:42 am

Jenkins was obviously not chosen by Tg, he himself has admitted
He doesn't have the local or football knowledge yet. He wont have
Known Gethin Jenkins from Adam!!!

So he's let the other major shareholders decide.

They chose a Rugby man who they can manipulate

Their last choice of top dog was Peter Ridsdale and i
Point blank refuse to believe they didnt know what
That c**t was up to!!!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 am

taffyapple wrote:Jenkins was obviously not chosen by Tg, he himself has admitted

That c**t was up to!!!

I might be wrong, but I thought TG was part of the interview process for the new CEO role. I can't believe if I was investing £6m and going to have a 30% stake, then I would have no influence over who was appointed.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:49 am

From an insensitive perspective Gethin Jenkins was completely the wrong choice because of his Rugby background. Claiming he was a 'life long Bluebird fan' was never going to be enough.

Whilst it is not impossible for him to make a good fist of the job, he scored a spectacular own goal by removing the Valley RAMS book from the club shop and got off to an awful start.

Of course following that we have had a run of misfortune including the cancelled Malaysian tour and now the winding up order, which he is bound to cope the blame for.

He desperately needs some good news, like we all do.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:52 am

Stavross wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Jenkins was obviously not chosen by Tg, he himself has admitted

That c**t was up to!!!

I might be wrong, but I thought TG was part of the interview process for the new CEO role. I can't believe if I was investing £6m and going to have a 30% stake, then I would have no influence over who was appointed.

I reckon jenkins was shoed in by PMG!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:08 am

2blue2handle wrote:I disagreed about the books but Gethin Jenkins can only release what he is told to at the end of the day.

Carl asked him to keep the fans more up to date and since then he has commented a lot more via the official site. Im willing to give him a chance

Luke, get a grip mate. Firstly it was Gethin's decision to ban the books and no one elses. And as for keeping the fans up to date, great yes. On Friday the Trust asked him, following requests from this board, if there was an embargo. He said NO. Low and behold, there is. Put that on the official site ffs. I'm all for more comments but don't do it for comment sake, we are all spinned out as it is. As for bullshit, we are not a bunch of drunken wife beaters, he needs to learn that fast.