Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IS THE TRUST DUMB OR WHAT?????????

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:46 am

I'm just concerned that some individuals within the club might use the Trust to get out their own message. Saying that, I think certain individuals do the same with Annis, Carl etc. It's a murky world!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm

At the end of the day, we the paying customer, who work every hour known to man, to scrape together the pennies to buy our season ticket (under deception for this year!) DESERVE to know the truth whether it be good or bad news, the FANS deserve to know how the club is being run, and what plans are put in place to make CCFC a successful business & club.

Unfortunately at this unstable time, there will be negative news on a regular basis, whilst our new share holders are sifting through all the debts and problems, which I'm sure they were aware of when they took the club on back in May. We have to back their plan 100% what ever they decide to do, they have the clubs interests at heart.

Annis & Carl do a fine job at providing us with that information (through whoever/whatever source) and I for one am grateful for what they provide, because the club has yet to prove to us how transparent they are willing to be with the FANS! If it wasn't for us there would be no club, so the least they could do is be open and honest with us and keep us informed of whats going on.

I would rather hear both positive and negative news from these guys, than having nothing made public from the club. All the secrecy and being dishonest to the fans, only aids the fact that they are hiding information from us, or don't want certain snippets to be made public. eg - their latest official website update about the HMRC's latest petition against the club doesn't mention that we are now OFFICIALLY under another transfer embargo!! But now that it's "out there" so to speak - I bet in the next day or two they might decide to inform us ?

Anyway, Thanks to Annis & Carl, they do sterling job. But if the club is still insistent on not being transparent with us, maybe they should take the time closer to home and source their little mole, and fix their hole? However, like i said, I hope not because I want to know whats happening.

AND SO DO THE FANS! we deserve to know!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Craig where have u seen officially the news of the embargo ?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Craig where have u seen officially the news of the embargo ?

A source at the club told somebody who I've spoken to on the telephone! and they've confirmed that it is official!
The club never mentioned it last time for nearly 3 months! You dont expect them to tell us do you!! But, saying that, as its on AAMB now they will probably counteract this info with their own website update in the next day or two ? Or they can be honest and just come out and say " Look fans, we have to pay the HMRC in the next couple of days, until then, we are under a transfer Embargo" - Is this really to difficult to be honest to the fans ?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Merlin wrote:At the end of the day, we the paying customer, who work every hour known to man, to scrape together the pennies to buy our season ticket (under deception for this year!) DESERVE to know the truth whether it be good or bad news, the FANS deserve to know how the club is being run, and what plans are put in place to make CCFC a successful business & club.

Unfortunately at this unstable time, there will be negative news on a regular basis, whilst our new share holders are sifting through all the debts and problems, which I'm sure they were aware of when they took the club on back in May. We have to back their plan 100% what ever they decide to do, they have the clubs interests at heart.

Annis & Carl do a fine job at providing us with that information (through whoever/whatever source) and I for one am grateful for what they provide, because the club has yet to prove to us how transparent they are willing to be with the FANS! If it wasn't for us there would be no club, so the least they could do is be open and honest with us and keep us informed of whats going on.

I would rather hear both positive and negative news from these guys, than having nothing made public from the club. All the secrecy and being dishonest to the fans, only aids the fact that they are hiding information from us, or don't want certain snippets to be made public. eg - their latest official website update about the HMRC's latest petition against the club doesn't mention that we are now OFFICIALLY under another transfer embargo!! But now that it's "out there" so to speak - I bet in the next day or two they might decide to inform us ?

Anyway, Thanks to Annis & Carl, they do sterling job. But if the club is still insistent on not being transparent with us, maybe they should take the time closer to home and source their little mole, and fix their hole? However, like i said, I hope not because I want to know whats happening.

Good post Merlin, I believe the Fans Deserve to know the TRUTH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 pm

In an ideal world we would all love to know the inner workings of Cardiff City Football claub and many any other buisinesses actually. But it's not an ideal world and i'm affraid no matter what Cardiff City is a buisiness. We will never know the true in's and outs of any company and although the City appear to have a few leaks I suggest some of them are actual there to drive agenda's within the club rather than driving the club forward. At the end of the day we are Customers, and the only priority the club needs to deliver is a product, we are happy to pay for. If we are not, we shouldn't buy the product. I'm affraid thats how many clubs view supporters.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Pug wrote:In an ideal world we would all love to know the inner workings of Cardiff City Football claub and many any other buisinesses actually. But it's not an ideal world and i'm affraid no matter what Cardiff City is a buisiness. We will never know the true in's and outs of any company and although the City appear to have a few leaks I suggest some of them are actual there to drive agenda's within the club rather than driving the club forward. At the end of the day we are Customers, and the only priority the club needs to deliver is a product, we are happy to pay for. If we are not, we shouldn't buy the product. I'm affraid thats how many clubs view supporters.

Welcome back pug :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Mike, i think you will find that I as a fan of 30 years look forward to Carls posts and long may they continue. carl, dont get put off by the minority :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Pug wrote:i'm affraid no matter what Cardiff City is a buisiness.

Well, realistically, if CCFC was a business in an industry other than fotball, would have been in liquidation a looooooong time ago.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm

nerd wrote:
Pug wrote:i'm affraid no matter what Cardiff City is a buisiness.

Well, realistically, if CCFC was a business in an industry other than fotball, would have been in liquidation a looooooong time ago.

Very true nerd, but the same is opposite. How many times have you heard fans of Premiere teams on say 606 gab on about how they pay the players wages a etc. In reality my middle of the road clubs, could quite happily exist in the prem, with no support base at all! Oh cheers longlegs, I will behave myself between the two boards from now on :) .

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
steve davies wrote:mower

i have logged on to reply simply because you have used my name.
for clarity when this board was telling everybody that vincent tan was investing millions in bringing players like bellamy to the club i rang annis and said it was untrue.
i have stopped posting purely because of the negativity of the board towards the club and of course the campaign to bring sam back.

i would just ask people to realise what the malaysians have achieved in little over a month of investing.
one big tax bill paid off all other bills brought up to date or renegotiated and even the langston payments brought up to date.
all this done in little over a month.
Yes the wages were late as people point out again but there are sometimes problems with international money transfers due to money laundering.
all the people saying tg needs to speak to sam i dont understand.
if there is an agreement to pay langston in december then lets wait and see if they pay it as i wont be paying my december gas bill until december.
do people realise we still have all the players who got us to the play off final barring ledley who was always going to move on.
If the malaysians pay off the bills as and when they appear and it costs them 30 million in that time as tg has said they are still getting a bargain for their money.
back to sam as far as im concerned he was a bit untruthful to the people he met over the agreement that supposedly dident exist and he hadent signed but lo and behold a day later after i had insisted that the malaysians would not be that stupid an interim agreement appeared signed by all parties.
If sam has 12 million to invest why dosent he now pay off the 10 million owed to langston for shares and a place on the board allowing the malaysians to invest in playersregards

steve

Hi Steve,

I can't see where I have used your name certainly not in this thread, although might have used it elsewhere as I AM genuinely interested in your take on all of this seeing as you are close to Borley. What you have posted certainly adds considerably to the debate.

So thanks anyway !

sorry mower my mistake i had only just woke up and im thick as shit until about 6pm

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Merlin wrote:

A source at the club told somebody who I've spoken to on the telephone! and they've confirmed that it is official!
The club never mentioned it last time for nearly 3 months! You dont expect them to tell us do you!! But, saying that, as its on AAMB now they will probably counteract this info with their own website update in the next day or two ? Or they can be honest and just come out and say " Look fans, we have to pay the HMRC in the next couple of days, until then, we are under a transfer Embargo" - Is this really to difficult to be honest to the fans ?

I am genuinely not trying to be rude to you Merlin , but I think your answer goes some way to identifying the problem of putting too much reliance on gossip and hearsay.

Your definition of "official" is , and I quote, "a source at the club told someone who I`ve spoken to on the telephone".

It may be that the club is currently subject to an embargo (although someione I have spoken to directly at the League seems to think differently) but it is ridiculous to describe the information you have received as "official" in the same way that the differing information I have received is not "official" either.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Steve any news from Borley ? Hoping for some good news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Good post Mike, you speak alot of sense which is what we need at the moment :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:46 pm

steve davies wrote:

i would just ask people to realise what the malaysians have achieved in little over a month of investing.
one big tax bill paid off all other bills brought up to date or renegotiated and even the langston payments brought up to date.

is this true steve ? anyone ? has the langston payments been caught up ?
Last edited by The Premier 1 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:48 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:steve davies wrote:

Andy, BANG UP TO DATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:50 pm

cheers annis

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, sounds to me a good bit of repair work by Top Guy and Vinnie then. Fixing Ridders tyre repairs on his push bike would keep Halfords in business for years I would have thought!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, sounds to me a good bit of repair work by Top Guy and Vinnie then. Fixing Ridders tyre repairs on his push bike would keep Halfords in business for years I would have thought!

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

Dayo I have total Respect for TG and VT, We need them and We have to show them we are on their side.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Agree totally, saved the Club for sure and picking up Riddlers excretions cant be pleasant at all, need a bloody big poop scoop!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:06 pm

since62 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I am genuinely not trying to be rude to you Merlin , but I think your answer goes some way to identifying the problem of putting too much reliance on gossip and hearsay.

Your definition of "official" is , and I quote, "a source at the club told someone who I`ve spoken to on the telephone".

It may be that the club is currently subject to an embargo (although someione I have spoken to directly at the League seems to think differently) but it is ridiculous to describe the information you have received as "official" in the same way that the differing information I have received is not "official" either.

OK! how about - the club is Un-officially under a transfer embargo! FACT! :lol:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 am

Are they Dumb ?

Back of the Net wrote:
Read all about the embargo.

http://tinyurl.com/35yq8nq :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 787586.stm :roll:

And if you were Honest you were one of those that doubted Carl and This Forum

Thats 2 Years Running

Read the whole story Exactly what we said about meeting the players etc etc.
Why the hell do some people make out we would of made it all up, We didnt want to say bad news but thats all there is at the moment.
This is where the Trust can NOW ACT FOR THE FANS and DEMAND ANSWERS from Our CLUB, NO MORE SPIN Please Gethin Jenkins/Our Directors

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 am

Bit of a non story though in reality as any club who doesn't pay it's taxes now gets an automatic transfer ban slapped on them. Provided the current bill is sorted in the next week as the club has stated we'll be free to compete in the transfer market which has only just opened anyway.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:45 am

It's a fair bet that we are under an embargo but the one bit of doubt I have is the fact that the Echo is saying we are :roll: :lol:

Not exactly reliable are they :?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:55 am

emjay wrote:Bit of a non story though in reality as any club who doesn't pay it's taxes now gets an automatic transfer ban slapped on them. Provided the current bill is sorted in the next week as the club has stated we'll be free to compete in the transfer market which has only just opened anyway.

The problem is, seemingly Tan and Ghee are paying bills as late as possible - whilst that's a viable approach in business, in football whole different kettle of fish.

Whilst I do believe longterm they can get the club onto a sound financial basis, it's becoming more and more clear that in terms of running a football club, there's nobody currently at the club able to do that.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 am

maybe they are allowing the CEO or whoever responsibility to pay the bills but they've realized how shoddy CCFC is being run ? I dont think they are going to keep on investing cash unless other executive board members do tho :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 am

nerd wrote:
emjay wrote:Bit of a non story though in reality as any club who doesn't pay it's taxes now gets an automatic transfer ban slapped on them. Provided the current bill is sorted in the next week as the club has stated we'll be free to compete in the transfer market which has only just opened anyway.

The problem is, seemingly Tan and Ghee are paying bills as late as possible - whilst that's a viable approach in business, in football whole different kettle of fish.

Whilst I do believe longterm they can get the club onto a sound financial basis, it's becoming more and more clear that in terms of running a football club, there's nobody currently at the club able to do that.

Correct Nerd, That Worries me a lot.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:25 am

The Trust Need to be asking Gethin Jenkins Stronger Questions and DEMANDING ANSWERS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 787586.stm :roll:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Merlin wrote:At the end of the day, we the paying customer, who work every hour known to man, to scrape together the pennies to buy our season ticket (under deception for this year!) DESERVE to know the truth whether it be good or bad news, the FANS deserve to know how the club is being run, and what plans are put in place to make CCFC a successful business & club.

Hey Annis - guess I was right huh? :lol: ;) (although i didnt want to be!) All I can say is " I told the forum so, yesterday!!"

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Merlin wrote:

Hey Annis - guess I was right huh? :lol: ;) (although i didnt want to be!) All I can say is " I told the forum so, yesterday!!"

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: