Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THE TRUST DUMB OR WHAT?????????

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I've been away for the weekend and (thankfully :lol: ) well away from computers so I haven't been able to respond to the various comments on here about the Trust's meeting with the Club on Friday.

Did the Club lie to the Trust on Friday? I would say No. Did the Club carefully present the truth on Friday? I would say Yes but wouldn't any business do the same when being questioned about financial matters? Did Tim and I walk away with the impression that everything's fine and dandy at Cardiff City? Certainly not. Did we feel that every effort is being made to manage the evident problems the Club has? Well that's a difficult judgement but I'm pretty certain that Gethin Jenkins and Doug Lee are doing their very best.

Like all the rest of you, I'm very disappointed that we seem to be facing another winding up order from HMRC but I can't say I'm surprised. (BTW sorry we didn't consult the crystal ball and ask Doug about it on Friday :lol: ). Folks - what we are seeing now is the consquences of cocking-up big-time at Wembley. We all hoped that with the Malaysians on board, that our troubles were over and maybe I started to believe it but I knew in my heart of hearts the day we lost the £90m jackpot to Blackpool that difficult and uncertain days were ahead. Anyone else care to admit that?

Rightly or wrongly, I still believe that TG wants and intends to provide a brighter future for our club. How he intends to do that with a 36% shareholding and a £6m investment while massive debts hang over us, I'm not clever enough to work out but all of us have to hope he can come up with an answer.

This next bit won't make me popular but all I care about is the well-being of the club so what the heck and BTW no-one at the club or the Trust has asked me to say it. It's just my PERSONAL OPINION.

I'm getting concerned that all the negative information leaking out of the club and ending up on this messageboard is de-stabilising the club further and isn't helping the situation or those trying to solve it (by that I mean TG). When it gets picked up by lazy journalists and is used by them to sell their papers, it troubles me even more. Yes, it's great to come on here and read "exclusives." I'm sure there's not another club in the country where fans on a messageboard can read such detailed info about goings-on at their club but we have to ask ourselves, is it helping or hindering? What do we honestly think TG makes of it all? Is it making his job easier or more difficult or even causing him to wonder "is it worth it?"

Suppose there is a power struggle going on between TG and the "egg men." Shouldn't we just leave TG to get on and deal with it in his own time and his own way instead of trying to fight a war for him before he's asked us to? What if the furore on here about the Langston agreement forced TG's hand to pay the instalments earlier than he planned to? What if the polarisation of City fans caused by the Echo story has made the Langston negotation more difficult because TG now knows that he would alienate a substantial number of City fans if he allowed Sam a way back in? What if the tasty titbit about the Chopra (or Hudson) money alerted the Football League to a problem while City and Sunderland (or Charlton) were in the middle of sorting out an amicable deal? These are all completely hypothetical scenarios BTW.

I would appeal to Annis, Carl, Steve Davies and any of the good citizens on here who may be getting inside info from the club to ask themselves three questions before they disclose it, "is making this public gonna help or hinder TG/Cardiff City in the long run?", "am I using this information responsibly or just to make myself or my messageboard look good?" and "am I completely sure that the source of this info isn't just using me to further some agenda of their own?"

I'm not old enough to remember WW2 :old: but I know there was a public campaign called "Careless Talk Costs Lives." Yes, Mrs Jones you might enjoy chatting over the garden wall to your neighbour about the problem with the production line in the shell factory but what if your idle gossip is used to undermine the war effort?" You know what I'm saying fellers..........

Right, I'm now switching the PC off for a fortnight while it all kicks off...............and my phone Annis :lol:

INTER BOARD WARFARE
by Dreamlike or Chic » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:09 am

Don't like really like linking to the other board and if I'd thought about it, I would have posted the same message on both last night but here goes............

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 384898a513

Dreamlike or Chic

Copyright http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Re: IS THE TRUST DUMB OR WHAT?????????

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:32 pm

lights blue touch paper and stands well back!

ImageImage

This has to be made a sticky

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 pm

If this site is serious about enabling fair discussions about the club's future then this post simply has to be made a sticky.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:23 am

Well said - the last of your three questions seems particularly appropriate.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:43 am

:lol: :lol:
Dont forget Mike get Tougher with Gethin Jenkins next time, we dont want him to Spin everyone like the Riddler did.
We also cant help it, that there is so much bad news coming out of our club, if we kept totally quite, a lot of fans wouldnt have any answers, why is there another court case ?, why was the Malaysian tour cancelled ?, why are there no new players ? etc etc, Sorry Mike I feel fans what answers and they are entitled to hear them.

Mike its alright for ccmb members to make comments is it, have a good study of some of their comments, the ccmb site (Mike)put the Tax owing story out before this site lol.
I hope the Trust are not still Dumb, but I doubt it with you and Keith on board.
Mike we as fans are entitled to know whats going on and as fans and paying customers everyone should know the Truth in my opinion, Good or Bad, I wish it was All Good.
Mike I hope you havnt forgot our cup of coffee this week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 55,00.html

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:04 am

Clubs official announcement

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:06 am

Lawnmower wrote:Clubs official announcement

No Real Answers then .

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:

No Real Answers then .

same old bollocks as the last owners

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:

No Real Answers then .

What is annoying is the fact that we have players to bring in, but cannot due to an embargo because of the petition against us.
The club obviously has to get around the money problem the best way it can, but in this case the sooner the better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:25 am

mower

i have logged on to reply simply because you have used my name.
for clarity when this board was telling everybody that vincent tan was investing millions in bringing players like bellamy to the club i rang annis and said it was untrue.
i have stopped posting purely because of the negativity of the board towards the club and of course the campaign to bring sam back.

i would just ask people to realise what the malaysians have achieved in little over a month of investing.
one big tax bill paid off all other bills brought up to date or renegotiated and even the langston payments brought up to date.
all this done in little over a month.
Yes the wages were late as people point out again but there are sometimes problems with international money transfers due to money laundering.
all the people saying tg needs to speak to sam i dont understand.
if there is an agreement to pay langston in december then lets wait and see if they pay it as i wont be paying my december gas bill until december.
do people realise we still have all the players who got us to the play off final barring ledley who was always going to move on.
If the malaysians pay off the bills as and when they appear and it costs them 30 million in that time as tg has said they are still getting a bargain for their money.
back to sam as far as im concerned he was a bit untruthful to the people he met over the agreement that supposedly dident exist and he hadent signed but lo and behold a day later after i had insisted that the malaysians would not be that stupid an interim agreement appeared signed by all parties.
If sam has 12 million to invest why dosent he now pay off the 10 million owed to langston for shares and a place on the board allowing the malaysians to invest in playersregards

steve

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 am

Steve I am lead to believe that Sam has arranged to meet TG JUST to negotiate the Langston debt primarily then maybe after he will put any ideas of investment to TG or maybe he wont ? What Sam wants I think is just an opportunity to have TG's door opened which he now has ...........whatever happens next is between those 2 but the outcome of which I think we are all happy to support 100% .

Unless time travel can be invented then ALL they can discuss is the future and NOT the past which is history and should be put to bed now by everybody and all this Sam did this and Sam did that business should be forgotten or at least banished to vaults of time . Same with the Riddler stuff , he did it and now he's gone and will never be forgiven by many for his lies and deception and the way he took millions out of the Club without putting a penny in ! But he's being employed by the club and taking a wage so I hope CCFC makes him work for his money ?

I am a Trust member and also a supporter of this Club of ours and I am gratefull for any news , gossip or exclusives that Carl , Annis or Gwyn or indeed anybody wants to post on here . Transpacy is something CCFC never seem to do with the fans and too often we are shat on or duped or lied too but at the end of the day we are the paying customer who forks out our hard earned cash so we have a right to know , dont u think ? The Trust needs to gain more support from here and Im sure Mike and Annis will agree to disagree now and again over many cups of coffee BUT they both have CCFC at heart .

Roll on Bath City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:07 am

This is a great thread and I have to agree with Mike on this one. I love all the info that comes out of this forum but sometimes it may be wiser to not release certain negative stuff because it may be counter productive and as I said a few days ago on here, far less eloquently than Mike by the way, Let's leave the Malaysians to do their stuff because we dont want them to say sod all this grief, we are off.

It would be wise to keep tight lipped about Sam and TG's meeting until it is all over and let's hope for some positive news because I think Cardiff City fans are overdue for some good news.

Having said al that it is refreshing to be able to speak openly about such delicate matters without being pounced upon by snipers and having threats about skinning me from head to toe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 am

steve davies wrote:mower

for clarity when this board was telling everybody that vincent tan was investing millions in bringing players like bellamy to the club i rang annis and said it was untrue.
i have stopped posting purely because of the negativity of the board towards the club and of course the campaign to bring sam back.

i would just ask people to realise what the malaysians have achieved in little over a month of investing.
one big tax bill paid off all other bills brought up to date or renegotiated and even the langston payments brought up to date.
Yes the wages were late as people point out again but there are sometimes problems with international money transfers due to money laundering.
if there is an agreement to pay langston in december then lets wait and see if they pay it as i wont be paying my december gas bill until december.
do people realise we still have all the players who got us to the play off final barring ledley who was always going to move on.
If the malaysians pay off the bills as and when they appear and it costs them 30 million in that time as tg has said they are still getting a bargain for their money.
back to sam as far as im concerned he was a bit untruthful to the people he met over the agreement that supposedly dident exist and he hadent signed but lo and behold a day later after i had insisted that the malaysians would not be that stupid an interim agreement appeared signed by all parties.
If sam has 12 million to invest why dosent he now pay off the 10 million owed to langston for shares and a place on the board allowing the malaysians to invest in playersregards

steve

Steve, This Forum or Myself 100% back TG and VT and believe they are Honourable people not once have we doubted them, its the rest of the Board we doubt.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 am

Top post. thats my 10p worth.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:28 am

Mike, Steve and Annis,

I agree with most of what you say and what comes through is that you all have a love for the club. I suppose these leaks have caused embarrassment at the club, and must have caused them extra work at times thinking of spin to give the press and the trust.
One thing we must all realise though is that if Annis and Mike refused to put these leaks on their message boards then the mole would feed them elsewhere to people who have a much larger audience.
Yes , I think some lazy reporters will trawl our sites looking for printable gems but I also think the fact that it has been aired on message boards makes it second hand news and not so attractive to decent reporters.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:56 am

My Blood Pressure has risen again folks, thanks :oops:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:25 am

Mike you are like a breath of fresh air and one day you will be looked upon as the man who saved the Supporters Trust. Personally I think you and Tim did a good job when you met with Gethin Jenkins and hopefully you have learn't from the experience and that will be to your advantage for the next meeting.

However, at some point we will disagree and this is that point. If Annis and Carl are good enough to share info with the rest of us then I for one am greatful.

If TG is influenced by any of it appearing in the local press then that will be for reasons far more sigifigant than the thought of upsetting the patrons of this message board, so in that instance I think your logic is a little bit of an over reaction.

After all we are adults and pay our dues to Cardiff C. I therefore have to question why keeping us in the dark is a good thing?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:30 am

transparancy always avoids rumours , gossip and speculation and we've had plenty of that recently .

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 am

steve

Steve, it's a simple equation really all of this, it's called the " LEGACY OF THE RIDDLER" and the trail of shit he has left behind on his premeirship multi gamble , no doubt theres so many dumped turds on the park, its going to take a while for the new park owners to clear them all up!

One of Riddlers famous quotes was " i'll f**k off when we reach the Premiership" what it really should have been unRIDDLED as " I will have fucked you totally by the time we reach the premiership but leaves a great smokescreen to get away on my toes"

As for all this Sam talk of having 12 million to invest in again, if it's true then that will be the big test, If TG says " no thanks Sam, we dont need your money" then that shows they have their own plans are in for the long term to me.

Of course SH has to offer it first to make it a reality.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:55 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:I've been away for the weekend and (thankfully :lol: ) well away from computers so I haven't been able to respond to the various comments on here about the Trust's meeting with the Club on Friday.

Did the Club lie to the Trust on Friday? I would say No. Did the Club carefully present the truth on Friday? I would say Yes but wouldn't any business do the same when being questioned about financial matters? Did Tim and I walk away with the impression that everything's fine and dandy at Cardiff City? Certainly not. Did we feel that every effort is being made to manage the evident problems the Club has? Well that's a difficult judgement but I'm pretty certain that Gethin Jenkins and Doug Lee are doing their very best.

Like all the rest of you, I'm very disappointed that we seem to be facing another winding up order from HMRC but I can't say I'm surprised. (BTW sorry we didn't consult the crystal ball and ask Doug about it on Friday :lol: ). Folks - what we are seeing now is the consquences of cocking-up big-time at Wembley. We all hoped that with the Malaysians on board, that our troubles were over and maybe I started to believe it but I knew in my heart of hearts the day we lost the £90m jackpot to Blackpool that difficult and uncertain days were ahead. Anyone else care to admit that?

Rightly or wrongly, I still believe that TG wants and intends to provide a brighter future for our club. How he intends to do that with a 36% shareholding and a £6m investment while massive debts hang over us, I'm not clever enough to work out but all of us have to hope he can come up with an answer.

This next bit won't make me popular but all I care about is the well-being of the club so what the heck and BTW no-one at the club or the Trust has asked me to say it. It's just my PERSONAL OPINION.

I'm getting concerned that all the negative information leaking out of the club and ending up on this messageboard is de-stabilising the club further and isn't helping the situation or those trying to solve it (by that I mean TG). When it gets picked up by lazy journalists and is used by them to sell their papers, it troubles me even more. Yes, it's great to come on here and read "exclusives." I'm sure there's not another club in the country where fans on a messageboard can read such detailed info about goings-on at their club but we have to ask ourselves, is it helping or hindering? What do we honestly think TG makes of it all? Is it making his job easier or more difficult or even causing him to wonder "is it worth it?"

Suppose there is a power struggle going on between TG and the "egg men." Shouldn't we just leave TG to get on and deal with it in his own time and his own way instead of trying to fight a war for him before he's asked us to? What if the furore on here about the Langston agreement forced TG's hand to pay the instalments earlier than he planned to? What if the polarisation of City fans caused by the Echo story has made the Langston negotation more difficult because TG now knows that he would alienate a substantial number of City fans if he allowed Sam a way back in? What if the tasty titbit about the Chopra (or Hudson) money alerted the Football League to a problem while City and Sunderland (or Charlton) were in the middle of sorting out an amicable deal? These are all completely hypothetical scenarios BTW.

I would appeal to Annis, Carl, Steve Davies and any of the good citizens on here who may be getting inside info from the club to ask themselves three questions before they disclose it, "is making this public gonna help or hinder TG/Cardiff City in the long run?", "am I using this information responsibly or just to make myself or my messageboard look good?" and "am I completely sure that the source of this info isn't just using me to further some agenda of their own?"

I'm not old enough to remember WW2 :old: but I know there was a public campaign called "Careless Talk Costs Lives." Yes, Mrs Jones you might enjoy chatting over the garden wall to your neighbour about the problem with the production line in the shell factory but what if your idle gossip is used to undermine the war effort?" You know what I'm saying fellers..........

Right, I'm now switching the PC off for a fortnight while it all kicks off...............and my phone Annis :lol:

Copyright http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

No Mike , I personally dont think the trust are dumb at all, and think the way you are acting of late in all of this are doing a sterling job! Well done to you and Keith

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:14 am

As a Fan I am glad the likes of Annis and Carl lets me/us Know what is happening at the club. How is this board hurting the Club? The only ones hurting this is club is the people taking from it and running yp huge debts. :twisted:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 am

Great post Mike and I think the Trust have unearthed a nugget with you on board. I now feel that we have some one who can see through the sort of spin PR was feeding the Trust previously, not saying Gethin will be the same sort of spin meister that PR was, surely there are not 2 of those around.

And also I am sure a lot of us realise that at times the club will be economic with the truth or simply with other matters they are dealing with, but and this is a BIG but, if other people such as Annis, Carl or Mike Morris get to hear things from inside sources, I for one would like to hear about them, if there is no substance then the club can put us straight through the Trust if that is the case, and that could be a real useful direct link between the club and the fans.

That way if we ordinairy fans hear things that worry or concern us, at least the Trust can get them confirmed or denied.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 am

SINCE66 wrote:Great post Mike and I think the Trust have unearthed a nugget with you on board. I now feel that we have some one who can see through the sort of spin PR was feeding the Trust previously, not saying Gethin will be the same sort of spin meister that PR was, surely there are not 2 of those around.

And also I am sure a lot of us realise that at times the club will be economic with the truth or simply with other matters they are dealing with, but and this is a BIG but, if other people such as Annis, Carl or Mike Morris get to hear things from inside sources, I for one would like to hear about them, if there is no substance then the club can put us straight through the Trust if that is the case, and that could be a real useful direct link between the club and the fans.

That way if we ordinairy fans hear things that worry or concern us, at least the Trust can get them confirmed or denied.

I totaly agree with all that, "to sin by silence, when we should protest, makes cowards of men"!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote::lol: :lol:

Dont forget Mike get Tougher with Gethin Jenkins next time, we dont want him to Spin everyone like the Riddler did.

However tough the Trust gets, the club will only say as much they want to because they know we will report to members what they tell us, Annis.

Mike its alright for ccmb members to make comments is it, have a good study of some of their comments, the ccmb site (Mike)put the Tax owing story out before this site lol.

You have a fair point there and I should have posted the same message on BOTH boards but we both know most of the "exclusives" pop up on here. I'm not interested in dissing either board and the Trust has members from both.

Mike I hope you havnt forgot our cup of coffee this week? As if I could :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 am

Daya wrote:

steve

Steve, it's a simple equation really all of this, it's called the " LEGACY OF THE RIDDLER" and the trail of shit he has left behind on his premeirship multi gamble , no doubt theres so many dumped turds on the park, its going to take a while for the new park owners to clear them all up!

One of Riddlers famous quotes was " i'll f**k off when we reach the Premiership" what it really should have been unRIDDLED as " I will have fucked you totally by the time we reach the premiership but leaves a great smokescreen to get away on my toes"

As for all this Sam talk of having 12 million to invest in again, if it's true then that will be the big test, If TG says " no thanks Sam, we dont need your money" then that shows they have their own plans are in for the long term to me.

Of course SH has to offer it first to make it a reality.

Good points Steve. (I really am going to have to stop all this agrreeing with you , its doing my reputation no good :lol: )

I would go one step further than you on your point about Sam and a money offer though, If I were TG I wouldn`t believe the money existed until I had firm written evidence and saw it sat in an escrow bank account. Those who don`t suffer at times from "selective amnesia" will recall that Sam made several promises over a long period of time to the Council that funding for the new stadium was in place but could never actually produce any evidence to support such a claim.

Keith

p.s. any chance of you posting something that you and I disagree with hugely - its more fun :D

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 am

[color=#0000FF]Great post Mike and I think the Trust have unearthed a nugget with you on board. I now feel that we have some one who can see through the sort of spin PR was feeding the Trust previously, not saying Gethin will be the same sort of spin meister that PR was, surely there are not 2 of those around.

Good post, that would be a sure way to discredit gossip mongers as scare mongers and also give the club a chance to keep the fans informed of the true situation through an Official source such as the Trust.

I'm sure it may lead to a lot of "NO COMMENTS" from the club.lol.
I don't expect the Trust or the club to get involved in yes we are talking to such and such player or we are looking to sell such and such player, but that's just message board rumour you will never stop that happening.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 am

BigGwynram wrote:[color=#0000FF]Great post Mike and I think the Trust have unearthed a nugget with you on board. I now feel that we have some one who can see through the sort of spin PR was feeding the Trust previously, not saying Gethin will be the same sort of spin meister that PR was, surely there are not 2 of those around.

Good post, that would be a sure way to discredit gossip mongers as scare mongers and also give the club a chance to keep the fans informed of the true situation through an Official source such as the Trust.

I'm sure it may lead to a lot of "NO COMMENTS" from the club.lol.
I don't expect the Trust or the club to get involved in yes we are talking to such and such player or we are looking to sell such and such player, but that's just message board rumour you will never stop that happening.

At various times, there have been more than a few negative comments concerning the Trust on this board. The views now seem increasingly positive. Would you now endorse the Trust as the best way for fans to consolidate their voice and interests. Personally, I think that we should all get behind the Trust by joining. To my mind, it's a no brainer. Do you agree?

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am

Mike, I've liked you for a long time and you continue to hold my high regard. I agree partly with what you're saying. I think there is a lot of information that gets leaked that might not be the whole truth and now that people know Annis, Carl etc are a voice of information, certain people in the club with things to gain might abuse this.

However, I do feel that had it not been for Annis, Carl etc revealing information from within the club then we might not have saved the club from Ridsdale.

The attitude of continue with what you're doing but tread carefully is a good approach because now, more than ever, there will be people out there to try and manipulate the situation and release duff or half true information so damage individuals at the club. Mike is right. We must continue to reveal the truth at the club but be wary about what may be the truth and what may be the information people want us to believe is the truth.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:30 am

steve

Hi Steve,

I can't see where I have used your name certainly not in this thread, although might have used it elsewhere as I AM genuinely interested in your take on all of this seeing as you are close to Borley. What you have posted certainly adds considerably to the debate.

So thanks anyway !

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 am

Zabier wrote:Mike, I've liked you for a long time and you continue to hold my high regard. I agree partly with what you're saying. I think there is a lot of information that gets leaked that might not be the whole truth and now that people know Annis, Carl etc are a voice of information, certain people in the club with things to gain might abuse this.

However, I do feel that had it not been for Annis, Carl etc revealing information from within the club then we might not have saved the club from Ridsdale.

The attitude of continue with what you're doing but tread carefully is a good approach because now, more than ever, there will be people out there to try and manipulate the situation and release duff or half true information so damage individuals at the club. Mike is right. We must continue to reveal the truth at the club but be wary about what may be the truth and what may be the information people want us to believe is the truth.

I would rather a Trust representing the fans and where some confidences can remain just that. It is not helpful to any company to have all information in the public domain, particularly when that information is partial/incomplete or inaccurate as it so often is. If you haven't already, JOIN THE TRUST....