Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"DRINKWATER for CARDIFF CITY"

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:05 pm

From MAN UTD was on his way to us this Week on a years loan, but it has been temporally stopped until Embargo lifted, thats all I know for now.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... ioid=92007 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "DRINKWATER"

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:08 pm

How much tax a year does the club have to pay

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:09 pm

birchblue wrote:How much tax a year does the club have to pay

Jason, ask Since 62, I am no good on the accounts of Our Club.

He sounds a good lad aswell
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... ioid=92007

perhaps we should try "GETPISSED" instead of "DRINKWATER", :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 pm

ill be honest I thought this was going to be about dehydration :?
Never heard of him mind

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 pm

All I know is the amount £1.3m keeps cropping up every few months :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 pm

It's left my mouth all dry :o

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 pm

He's an England U21 International Midfielder, and spent last season on loan at Huddersfield.

Here's his profile on the Man Utd website:
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... ioid=92007

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Drinkwater thrived in the Reds' 4-5-1 formation

:? :lol:
Good write up on him tho

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:13 pm

He done well on loan at Huddersfield last year and would be a decent signing for us.. IF this embargo get lifted :cry:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:15 pm

What embargo is this and why would be under an embargo?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:18 pm

R44MCC wrote:What embargo is this and why would be under an embargo?

NON PAYMENT OF TAX, once again, it automatically strikes in, but hopefully they will pay it this Week, So Gethin Jenkins says, Rem I have not said they will pay it this week, he has.

Re: "DRINKWATER for CARDIFF CITY"

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 pm

f*cking hell not surprised anymore at all.

Crystal palace took it on the chin and survived im more than sure we could too :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Depends if you mean just PAYE/NI or are also including v.a.t.

The club`s PAYE/NI debt on wages last year averaged about £500k a month but varies greatly from month to month with player earnings due to number of games played , goal bonuses etc. The gross wage bill , including that PAYE/NI , was about £1.3m a month.

Last season the club`s total income was about £16m net of v.a.t and most of that income would have been vatable so the v,a,t bill would have been about £2m after claiming back v.a.t on costs (there is no v.a.t on wages of course which were by far the club`s biggest expense).

Keith

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:40 pm

since62 wrote:

Depends if you mean just PAYE/NI or are also including v.a.t.

The club`s PAYE/NI debt on wages last year averaged about £500k a month but varies greatly from month to month with player earnings due to number of games played , goal bonuses etc. The gross wage bill , including that PAYE/NI , was about £1.3m a month.

Last season the club`s total income was about £16m net of v.a.t and most of that income would have been vatable so the v,a,t bill would have been about £2m after claiming back v.a.t on costs (there is no v.a.t on wages of course which were by far the club`s biggest expense).

Keith

Cheers Keith for explaining :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm

annis, what has happened about the reading player you were once going on about??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:50 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:annis, what has happened about the reading player you were once going on about??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nothing until all this Tax is paid. hopefully if Jenkins is being Honest this week it will be sorted.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm

anychance of the club sorting these constent cash problems out sooner rather than later,we are going to miss the boat with a lot of targets at this rate.The lad sounds like a good player and will have energy that we lack in midfield.I really fancied us for this season with a few additions,now i just dont know what to think.another big week at our rollcoaster of a club

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CCFC 1927 wrote:annis, what has happened about the reading player you were once going on about??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nothing until all this Tax is paid. hopefully if Jenkins is being Honest this week it will be sorted.

Who is he? :lol:

I know you said you'd rather not say just incase it's wrong, but we're just glad to see us linked to players for the moment :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 pm

gup-1 wrote:anychance of the club sorting these constent cash problems out sooner rather than later,we are going to miss the boat with a lot of targets at this rate.The lad sounds like a good player and will have energy that we lack in midfield.I really fancied us for this season with a few additions,now i just dont know what to think.another big week at our rollcoaster of a club

Gup, as everyone knows I am not a DJ fan, but to fair to him, he was really going to go for it this season, with the list he handed Borley and Co. NO ONE CAN BLAME DJ this season, including me lol, if he does not get new players.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Sorry I am a bit confused here but I thought we went to court end of May and paid the tax bill up to date so what is this all about??? :?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:Sorry I am a bit confused here but I thought we went to court end of May and paid the tax bill up to date so what is this all about??? :?

Read since62 reply then you will understand the amount of tax the club pays its mad.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Found this bit in Drinkwater's profile , hope DJ noticed too ? :ayatollah:

Drinkwater thrived in the Reds' 4-5-1 formation, striking up a particularly fruitful partnership with Tom Cleverley, and scored twice in 15 appearances

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Danny Drinkwater........ good player by all accounts, something positive finally happening..... if tax paid this week of course :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 am

I've got him for my Coventry side on Football Manager and he's a decent lad. Loads of potential and very raw. That's in 2013 as well! Looking forward to seeing him if we can get him.