Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST A QUESTION and OPINIONS PLEASE

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Do you think Our Club Cardiff City would of been better of going into Administration at the end of last season and therefore clearing Nearly £43 Million worth of Debt including Langston and then starting all over again ?

OPINIONS Please

Re: JUST A QUESTION and OPINIONS PLEASE

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17035

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Annis - Keith put some informative replies on my poll earlier.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17035

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:46 pm

whoops - sorry NJ73! didnt realise was same link! :old:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Cheers Both :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes i do, as ive said before id rather have a shit team to watch than no team at all.

Then all the dust can settle and the club can rebuild from the foundations.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Thing is I think we would then have to find new investors as TG is a director he cant buy the club (is that correct)

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Thing is I think we would then have to find new investors as TG is a director he cant buy the club (is that correct)

No idea 2blue, i cant imagine somebody throwing 6 million down the toilet tho :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:03 pm

My last one went missing.

The debt is probably less than this if you take Sam's debt as £10m rather than £24m, and allow for the £3m of debt/equity swap which is available to the club with PMG, Isaacs and Borley.

Nearer £25m in this case.

Otherwise we would have been looking at £52m of debt prior to the Malaysians involvement which would have been too much even for them surely.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:My last one went missing.

The debt is probably less than this if you take Sam's debt as £10m rather than £24m, and allow for the £3m of debt/equity swap which is available to the club with PMG, Isaacs and Borley.

Nearer £25m in this case.

Otherwise we would have been looking at £52m of debt prior to the Malaysians involvement which would have been too much even for them surely.

Very true mate, but does this mean that the initial investment was made knowing that the debts would half? In that case the malaysians are getting a bargain. Or will get in this case scenario?