Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHY SAM ? WHY NOW ?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:All of which would be fine Carl, but at what cost to the club -we have all seen ourselves how divisive Sam can be, and again how quickly can the new cash come in ? Surwelty Sam will want something in return - and that 'something' will I'm certain be very hard to swallow for many of the major shareholders and creditors.

Also, Sam has in the past made money promises, and made fools of us in the process. Not that long ago we were being told that Sam was skint ! I have a definate concern as to how much hre really has behind him.

You might think I'm being negative about this, but I'm only saying what the vast majority of our fans will be thinking. I want this all to work out -and for the best for the club whether that is with or without Sam.

Tim I dont think your being negative I think there has been years of back stabbing, bullshit and a hell of a lot of kicking a man when he is down and this has influenced many minds, opinions and perceptions, what I am suggesting is, let TG and Sam talk, if TG decides to pay Langston off before the end of the year then the cost to the club will be £10 million minus any monthly payments they have made. If TG decides he likes what Sam says and decides he is the right person to bring in to the club then we should salute it also because we all seem to be of the opinion that the Malaysians are good businessmen.

If TG has settled with Langston then for £10 million over the years to get where we are today I would say has not been a bad payment, do you ?

That sounds fair enough Carl. As for the £10m, then thats been debated to death before -all i'd say is we are where we are with that and its what happens from here that matters.

But I'm certain the misinformation has gone both ways.

There has been a fair bit of re-arranging of history regarding Sam and what he did and the club's finances in the past few days in order to portray him in a better light. Its more likely somewhere in between.

Sam is a very good speaker and very convincing mind, many who have been taken in before will be more wary the 2nd time.

I also agree with you, that if TG decides that Sam coming in will help then I will back him whatever (as i beleive we should with Jenkins at the moment by the way), I'm sure he will speak to the rest of the board before making any decision.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:All of which would be fine Carl, but at what cost to the club -we have all seen ourselves how divisive Sam can be, and again how quickly can the new cash come in ? Surwelty Sam will want something in return - and that 'something' will I'm certain be very hard to swallow for many of the major shareholders and creditors.

Also, Sam has in the past made money promises, and made fools of us in the process. Not that long ago we were being told that Sam was skint ! I have a definate concern as to how much hre really has behind him.

You might think I'm being negative about this, but I'm only saying what the vast majority of our fans will be thinking. I want this all to work out -and for the best for the club whether that is with or without Sam.

Tim I dont think your being negative I think there has been years of back stabbing, bullshit and a hell of a lot of kicking a man when he is down and this has influenced many minds, opinions and perceptions, what I am suggesting is, let TG and Sam talk, if TG decides to pay Langston off before the end of the year then the cost to the club will be £10 million minus any monthly payments they have made. If TG decides he likes what Sam says and decides he is the right person to bring in to the club then we should salute it also because we all seem to be of the opinion that the Malaysians are good businessmen.

If TG has settled with Langston then for £10 million over the years to get where we are today I would say has not been a bad payment, do you ?

That sounds fair enough Carl. As for the £10m, then thats been debated to death before -all i'd say is we are where we are with that and its what happens from here that matters.

There has been a fair bit of re-arranging of history regarding Sam and what he did and the club's finances in the past few days in order to portray him in a better light. Its more likely somewhere in between.

Sam is a very good speaker and very convincing mind, many who have been taken in before will be more wary the 2nd time.

I also agree with you, that if TG decides that Sam coming in will help then I will back him whatever (as i beleive we should with Jenkins at the moment by the way), I'm sure he will speak to the rest of the board before making any decision.

Tim it's discussion like this that we want to promote on this board, we may not agree on many things but there is always the opportunity to be respectful. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Tim/Carl its posters like you two who make this Forum worth while. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tim/Carl its posters like you two who make this Forum worth while. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

At the end of the day we all want to see the club prosper, and that includes both boards, the people who fall out etc..
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 pm

If TG has settled with Langston then for £10 million over the years to get where we are today I would say has not been a bad payment, do you ?[/quote]

I also agree with you, that if TG decides that Sam coming in will help then I will back him whatever (as i beleive we should with Jenkins at the moment by the way), I'm sure he will speak to the rest of the board before making any decision.[/quote]

Tim it's discussion like this that we want to promote on this board, we may not agree on many things but there is always the opportunity to be respectful. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Quite right, although I think we agree on many things, just I'm a bit wary on this one.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tim/Carl its posters like you two who make this Forum worth while. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

At the end of the day we all want to see the club prosper, and that includes both boards, the people who fall out etc..

Hear hear, is that too much to ask?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Hear hear, is that too much to ask?

A lot of hard work can be ruined by very few unfortunately but as a group of supporters we must stay strong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
A lot of hard work can be ruined by very few unfortunately but as a group of supporters we must stay strong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

For me, this key to everything. We can all have disagreements, but at the end of the day we all want to see a prospering CCFC on the park.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:33 pm

PtB wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

For me, this key to everything. We can all have disagreements, but at the end of the day we all want to see a prospering CCFC on the park.

Yes Paul totally agree :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sam has always had an emotional attatchment to our new stadium, it was his big idea, his baby.

What are the chances his £12m possible investment is tied to buying CCS?

Virtually nil I would have thought Tony.

There is a restriction on any sale of the stadium for at least 20 years put in place by Cardiff County Council. How keen do you think they would be for any sale , let alone one to Sam?

Keith

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I beleive our club is at the 'last chance saloon', ready to blow at any moment. Give the fella [Sam] a chance & listen to him, i say!

Rick,I keep thinking the Malaysians are honourable and decent and good businessmen and nothing has made me think otherwise as yet but surely they have a masterplan which in truth none of us know what it is, but surely when you got a man like Sam Hammam who has done so much and devoted so much money, time and effort then he deserves the opportuntiy to be heard.

But he didn't devote 'so much money'!!! He took out loans which he could not pay back which was ultimately his un-doing as chairman of the club, yet when ridsdale does the same you want him hung strung and quartered. Something is not adding up here to me!!!

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:23 pm

So when is this meeting with Sam and TG planned?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:28 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:So when is this meeting with Sam and TG planned?

A date is being arranged this week.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:53 pm

What a mess we're in!!

Something nobody has touched on in this thread
Is PMG

They have made it perfectly clear they do not want
Sám back at this club. He appears to be their nemesis.
The club even made a rare statement through their
New pet chairman Jenkins!

Yet the silence from them was deafening while Ridsdale
Was f*cking the club up the arse.

If i had to guess who the real enemy in the camp is
(And lets face it, were all guessing)... Id round it off thus:

You had a rugby consortium levered in onto the board
With massive support from Cardiff City Council. Big wigs
Knew they needed a new ground for the Blues, and Sám
Hammam wasnt playing ball!! Sám had to go. So
Ridsdale was given pretty much carte blanche to say and
Do what he wanted provided the Blues got their foot in the
Door of our new stadium, they couldnt care a flying f**k
What happens to Cardiff City Football Club! The stadium is
Safe no matter what. If CCFC goes bust, the WRU and big
Business in S Wales would chip in to ensure the Blues were
Ok! The Malaysians in my opinion only bought 39% of the
Shares (two seperate people) so they couldnt be held liable
For all the club debt. I think they'll také the club right to the
Wire on this, PMG may end up getting all their money back
But theyll lose any control they have. Sám actually has a
Stronger hand than they do right now and i reckon their
Less than comfortable with it!

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 pm

But he didn't devote 'so much money'!!! He took out loans which he could not pay back which was ultimately his un-doing as chairman of the club, yet when ridsdale does the same you want him hung strung and quartered. Something is not adding up here to me!!!Natman Blue

Private messageE-mail Natman Blue

Not quite true, he did use 9 million pounds of his own money, and he did stand responsibility for the unsecured Langstone loan who ever they are.
Ridsale however put none of his money in, but took a lot more out than Sam ever did.FACT.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Hammam spent £9m of his own money!!!!!

Don't make me laugh.

Hammam spent nothing of his own money - he borrowed it!!!

He's sucking you guys in more and more - you still can't see through him can you?

You take everything he says as gospel.

Had a phone call tonight did you Carl?

You're getting embarrassing now, it's so obvious.

Bless.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Hammam spent £9m of his own money!!!!!

Don't make me laugh.

Hammam spent nothing of his own money - he borrowed it!!!

He's sucking you guys in more and more - you still can't see through him can you?

You take everything he says as gospel.

Had a phone call tonight did you Carl?

You're getting embarrassing now, it's so obvious.

Bless.

Now now Claude, please I respect ypur difference of OPinion, but dont Snipe as well.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:Is it now that Sam wants to come back because in the past he has been threatened that the club will be put into administration if he tries in anyway to come back or even speak out ?

Was it PMG that has always held the threat of administration over the club and not Langston ?

Now that the Malaysians own more than 25% of the club that no party can put the club into administration without their say so.

Is this why Sam can now come out from behind the door and explain what has gone on that so so many did not understand ?

In the past 5 years we have been told that Sam was the bad guy and Sam would kill the club, but is this the truth or bullshit by the regime running the club at the time ?

If Sam settles with Langston for £10 million but the debt was £24 million I say fair play to him and good work on behalf of the club and does'nt Sam deserve to have the opportunity to talk with TG, of course he does and even the most dim witted person could understand that, because who would benefit from it, the club would.

why do you say fair play to him ???? its his dept

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Why am i sniping?

I'm pointing out the facts, which you strangely can't answer.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Ask Since62 to put us right then,

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 pm

So Claude, if it can be proved sam spent some of his money, will you be falling on your sword?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Langston aint Ron Noades is it ? Ive heared the odd rumour knockin around recently .

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm

It won't be proved, because he didn't!!!

I see you've been "sniping" on CCMB tonight - sent by Annis, Carl, or Sam? :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Claude Blue wrote:It won't be proved, because he didn't!!!

I see you've been "sniping" on CCMB tonight - sent by Annis, Carl, or Sam? :lol:

What do you mean sniping?

Are these people S.A.S Trained? or are they Marines? either way it dont sound good for the targets :o

Just f*cking about claude but sniper to me sounds like a guy dressed in grass and ferns wanting to shoot his nemisis :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:34 pm

good film sniper is :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:35 pm

The time he walked onto the pitch holding a Welsh flag was superb , Will always remember that :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:50 am

One of Keiths posts covering the 6 million, and surely even you know that Sam paid 3.8 million of his own money to buy the club, so that's 9.8 million of hi own money.
Are you unaware of these facts or just in denial and wanting to shit stir.

Even boring old farts of accountants like me don`t carry around copies of CCFC accounts all the time Gwyn so I don`t have a copy with me to quote from.

But what I can confirm straight away is that you are right with what happened re taking money out of the accounts and putting it all back in again - I just can`t remember off hand which year it went back in (I think it was 2006).The sum put back in , which was described in the accounts as an exceptional item , was over £6m and , with the player transfer profit that season , basically covered the trading losses made that year.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:27 am

BigGwynram wrote:One of Keiths posts covering the 6 million, and surely even you know that Sam paid 3.8 million of his own money to buy the club, so that's 9.8 million of hi own money.
Are you unaware of these facts or just in denial and wanting to shit stir.

Even boring old farts of accountants like me don`t carry around copies of CCFC accounts all the time Gwyn so I don`t have a copy with me to quote from.

But what I can confirm straight away is that you are right with what happened re taking money out of the accounts and putting it all back in again - I just can`t remember off hand which year it went back in (I think it was 2006).The sum put back in , which was described in the accounts as an exceptional item , was over £6m and , with the player transfer profit that season , basically covered the trading losses made that year.

Gwyn , the £3.8m was his own money as in cash to acquire the 80%+ of shares he acquired through his company Rudgwick.

Sam/Rudgwick then voted themselves a series of management fees over the years , but didn`t take it all out in cash. Then in 2005/6 (if I have got the year right) all the fees voted were reversed which gave the £6m credit in the accounts that year.

So £3.8m was cash and the other £6m could be argued to be not Sam`s cash but the club`s cash voted to him as fees which he eventually didn`t take out in the end. I believe that both Sam and his brother Ned took out cash from the club as part of the deal that saw them ousted by the Ridsdale/PMG regime but I am led to believe that it was less than £1m in total

CLAUDE BLUE WHERE ARE YOU

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 am

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:21 am

why has my post on this subject been deleted?