Try acupuncture if you want to give up.

Stick pins in your fags and you can't get a drag!. :shock: :D

Re: Important news for smokers!

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:45 pm

try pneumonia, it worked for me :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:09 pm

rob wrote:try pneumonia, it worked for me :lol:

It killed that guy off of Countdown (who's name escapes me. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mind you it is a nine letter word. :D

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Try a heart attack & triple bypass that worked for me 7 years ago

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 pm

best thing i ever did --giving up that is. :D

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:35 pm

rob wrote:best thing i ever did --giving up that is. :D

Me too Rob, 10 years ago now. :shock: :o

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:39 pm

8 months for me mate, but never gonna smoke again.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 am

rob wrote:8 months for me mate, but never gonna smoke again.

Well done Rob. I used to smoke roll-ups (stinking things :oops: ) and I was match fishing a lake one day. Next to me was a clear pool/puddle with a bit of weed (no not the stuff you smoke) and pond shrimps etc. The match was a five hour match and over the course of the match I had thrown my dog-ends in this puddle and managed to kill everything in there! :o It made me wonder what I was doing to myself?
I went cold turkey after that and have never looked back. The sad part is, three years after I gave up, my dad (and best friend,miss you mate) died from lung cancer, aged 70. He smoked too for most of his life and was so pleased that I had given up. If that fishing session never made me give up, watching my father the way he was would have I'm sure.
I have no qualms about others smoking, it's their choice, but I sure am glad about the smoking ban. Bars, Café's and most places are now pleasant places to go to.

Anyone trying to give up, please don't stop trying, it's well worth the effort. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:10 am

BLUEBIRD wrote:Try a heart attack & triple bypass that worked for me 7 years ago

Sorry for no reply mate, never saw your post in between the others. :shock:

Was the attack smoking related (well it will to a degree anyway I know) or was there another factor? (weight etc)
The reason I ask is that when I gave up the fags, I piled the pounds on. (well stones actually, lol) I was 12 stone before I gave up. :o :o :o The only down side to giving up. :(