Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS ?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 pm

administration would mean certain relegation, we would have no control over what players would be sold all our best players would be gone ,10 pts deduction it would be a nightmare, we'd be back in league 1 next season with a more than half empty stadium ,the club would go into freefall.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:32 pm

carlccfc wrote:When people finally realise that this club is in a mess right now then we may have unity amongst us, the fans, and with a clear outlook and projection from the club of how they plan to sort it out can we only then understand the situation better and accept it.

What options are there for the club ?

I am putting forward the ones that I think are open to them, I hope others can compliment this thread with some productive comments as to the best way they see the club going forward.

1. Investment from the current directors to help pay the clubs outgoings for the season, for the remainder alone I believe this figure to be £20+ million.

2. Player sales. This could prove to be a problem area as PMG have first charge over many players so therefore would therefore would the money go into the clubs coffers, also there is Ray Ransons company too that may also have the same charge over other players.

3. Administration.

4. New Share issue. I believe there is £1.670.000.00 worth of shares outstanding from the recent share issue but I believe these had to be taken by May 25th. Also the club could raise in addition to that another £5million from the shares then outstanding available to the club.

5. External investment.

6. A full and complete takeover.

I am not giving my own view or opinion but just pointing out what options I believe are available, obviously the subjects require a deeper thought than what I have offered but it is there to create discussion amongst us.

GOOD POST Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 am

My theory is the Malaysians are presently doing the absolute bare minimum to keep the club alive, lower the cost and thus associated risk to themselves in the short term.

Administration? Malaysians wouldn't want the risk of that. Adminstrator duty is then to get the best deal for credittors, Malaysians wouldn't want to risk another group (ha) getting the club on the cheap over themselves.