Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: oh no not more problems for cardiff city HIGH COURT AGAIN

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:22 pm

since62 wrote:
I am far from being an apologist for PMG - indeed I was quite heavily criticised on here not that long ago as a Trust board member for asking them to do right by the club by doing all they could to facilitate the Malaysian investment (including by some people who now have a go at them at every opportunity - posters who have more faces than a town hall clock and who change their minds more often than their socks :D ).

But to say PMG haven`t put cash into the club is just nonsense - they have put more in than anyone else , including Langston.

I have to agree with Premier 1 on this one. The Trust Statement about PMG at the time took everyone by surprise because Ridsdale was perceived as the real threat. Obviously the Trust might have had good reasons for releasing its statement but those reasons were never shared with the rest of us.

Yes there are posters on here who change their minds, but that is usually as a result of learning new information. It really is unfair to act as the victim now when you were privileged enough to know why PMG should have been criticised at that time, whilst many others on this message board did not.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Keith a genuine question, have PMG really put in more than Langstone, like others we get to hear stories that turn into chinese whispers, I remember the 9 million i believe needed for the stadium shortfall but was that their money or did they just guarantee th loan from the Principality, either way I suppose it would have been down to them if it had gone tits up.

How much else do you think or know they have put in and how much do you reckon we stll owe to them.

I also heard they get paid a 90 odd thousnad pounds a month, would this be premier seat money or interest on loan or even direct repayment, cheers for info if you have it.

Gwyn , I was including the £38m they put in as their contribution for the Council granting them planning permission for the retail development. The further cash "top up" to get the stadium business plan approved was just over £9m plus a £2m guarantee to Principality.Of that , I believe the figure we still owe them is just under £9m , with interest accruing on that debt , but repayments being made out of the Premier Club income.The full debt has to be repaid by Autumn 2013 under the current agreement , with £2.7m of that being convertable at the club`s option before the end of 2011.

Langston came on board with their £24m when Citibank got fed up with Sam and called in their loan debt , which I believe was guaranteed by Sam and his family , so it was only put into the club as it would have been called under the guarantee anyway (if Sam is Langston) because the club , as you say , was "potless" and had no hope at all of paying back the loan itself to Citibank.

The first part of my reply is factual and well documented in public records. I have to be honest and say that I cannot produce evidence to support the second part other than the calling in of the loan by Citibank bit.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:
I am far from being an apologist for PMG - indeed I was quite heavily criticised on here not that long ago as a Trust board member for asking them to do right by the club by doing all they could to facilitate the Malaysian investment (including by some people who now have a go at them at every opportunity - posters who have more faces than a town hall clock and who change their minds more often than their socks :D ).

But to say PMG haven`t put cash into the club is just nonsense - they have put more in than anyone else , including Langston.

I have to agree with Premier 1 on this one. The Trust Statement about PMG at the time took everyone by surprise because Ridsdale was perceived as the real threat. Obviously the Trust might have had good reasons for releasing its statement but those reasons were never shared with the rest of us.

Yes there are posters on here who change their minds, but that is usually as a result of learning new information. It really is unfair to act as the victim now when you were privileged enough to know why PMG should have been criticised at that time, whilst many others on this message board did not.

Tony , I didn`t intend to portray myself as any kind of victim. I was just trying to illustrate that I am no fan of PMG before making a post in support of them in this case.Apologies if I didn`t make myself clear.

Keith

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Did PMG put in 38 million for the stadium, I genuinely was not aware of that.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Did PMG put in 38 million for the stadium, I genuinely was not aware of that.

Yes.They had to pay that to get the land for the retail development (from which they have benefitted of course) , with the club having to find a balance of about £17m to fund the build costs ( excluding the fit out costs).

I haven`t got all the figures to hand , but about £11m of the £17m came from PMG/Principality , and most of the balance from the sale of Ninian Park to Redrow and a Football Trust grant .Some money came from player sales , which is part of the answer to the often asked question "where did all the money go" that prompted many a lengthy thread on here and elsewhere.

Keith