Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Another Money Question"

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Every month the club needs someone to throw in some money to get by. So far it's been the Malaysians but whoever it is, what do they get in return?

Suppose PMG bunged 1 or 2 mill in last month, would that be a loan or share sales or what. No one just gives money away, there's always something to show for it. No one would expect otherwise to be fair. The Malaysians seem to be the one's fronting the moeny so far, so for instance this last lot to pay this months wages, was that a loan? I'm not naive enough to think it was a gift, why should they? If they were in to giving money away then many would argue that there's a children's hospital just down the road that's more worthy than a football club for free cash.

I don't know but I'd think it was probably a loan of some sort, but I stand to be corrected by those who know more than me. But if it is a loan then by the end of the season we could be looking at adding another 10m or so to our current debts. Maybe I'm being daft but like I said I stand to be corrected.

Maybe the one's who don't want Sam's money could explain it to me?

Re: "Another Money Question"

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:56 pm

That's a good question Outsider. I remember Flitcroft explaining that the club had 'many' income streams and received money all the time from various sources.

I know we got nearly £2m from the play-off games and I think we would have received Football League prize money at some point.

However, whether that's enough to keep us going through the summer without further cash injections is doubtful and those cash injections would have to be paid back at some point.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Any money being paid by the Malaysians or any other directors would surely be a directors loan.
I'm sure nobody would gift the club money, as it doesn't make any sense - especially if they don't even hold a majority stake.
Also I'm pretty sure any additional investment isn't being exchanged for shares.

If Tg/VT are investing more money above the initial £6m, I would have thought it would be as a directors loan. I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't know how else it would be done.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:44 pm

thought i'd bump this seeing as there are a couple of similar questions.