Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONE OF THE THINGS RICK WRIGHT GOT CORRECT

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:09 pm

I believe he worked on a low basic wage, but with huge incentives for success, win bonus's, and massive bonus's if you get promotion etc.

A bit like Blackpool last year, their players are on crap money but stood to make a fortune if they got promoted, and if any of you watched the match, you could all tell which team looked the hungrier of the two.

And his scheme for paying more per game depending where we were in the divison seemd to work, people weren't complaining about paying an extra fiver a game if we were top five rather than bottom five and cheap entrance fee, he had a lot of good points.

If we take all the good points out of each owner/chairman we have had we may have dug a good one up,I wonder which qualities we'd ahve picked of Ridsdale.

Re: ONE OF THE THINGS RICK WRIGHT GOT CORRECT

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:16 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I believe he worked on a low basic wage, but with huge incentives for success, win bonus's, and massive bonus's if you get promotion etc.

A bit like Blackpool last year, their players are on crap money but stood to make a fortune if they got promoted, and if any of you watched the match, you could all tell which team looked the hungrier of the two.

And his scheme for paying more per game depending where we were in the divison seemd to work, people weren't complaining about paying an extra fiver a game if we were top five rather than bottom five and cheap entrance fee, he had a lot of good points.

If we take all the good points out of each owner/chairman we have had we may have dug a good one up,I wonder which qualities we'd ahve picked of Ridsdale.

driving away from the stadium!?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I believe he worked on a low basic wage, but with huge incentives for success, win bonus's, and massive bonus's if you get promotion etc.

Gwyn, I am all for that and it proved a total Success, I am shocked others have not followed suit.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:

driving away from the stadium!?

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:13 pm

he didnt pay stanty his bonus though did he????

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:20 pm

nugent wrote:he didnt pay stanty his bonus though did he????

Correct didn't stant grab hold of him or something :D I also remember rick wright saying that if we want stanty back we had to buy £100,000 worth of s/tickets even though he was our player :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Correct didn't stant grab hold of him or something :D I also remember rick wright saying that if we want stanty back we had to buy £100,000 worth of s/tickets even though he was our player :lol:[/quote]

exactly. stant was gonna smash the fat cont. we have just had bad chairman after bad chairman

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:37 pm

The only problem with that is that you'd find it hard to get squad players, and keep them happy. In your system, they'd be earning next to nothing while they have to sit on the bench.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Cracking post Gwyn he had some excellent ideas but as said above his treatment of Stant was appalling. Yes and Blackpool were by far the hungrier of the two teams even if they didn't have our Quality. But on the day they beat us in every department which still hurts now.
Good points in the Riddler ..............................the fantastic art of telling and making everyone believe in the most outlandish bullshit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:44 pm

SteW wrote:The only problem with that is that you'd find it hard to get squad players, and keep them happy. In your system, they'd be earning next to nothing while they have to sit on the bench.

Well Blackpool managed it. Our players wont be happy that's because in my opinion they are well over paid for the division they are in and the amount of time they have kept us in this league.
God i would love Holloway as our manager PASSION isn't the word for him and something we are all desperate for from our manager.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
SteW wrote:The only problem with that is that you'd find it hard to get squad players, and keep them happy. In your system, they'd be earning next to nothing while they have to sit on the bench.

Well Blackpool managed it. Our players wont be happy that's because in my opinion they are well over paid for the division they are in and the amount of time they have kept us in this league.
God i would love Holloway as our manager PASSION isn't the word for him and something we are all desperate for from our manager.

Blackpool are one club out of how many? How many of their players would you swap for ours?
They had a great season, but now they're fucked. They're coming straight back down, and I'd be amazed if they were anything more than mid table for seasons after that.
It's a one-off. Football doesn't work like that because it wouldn't work. Money talks.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:06 pm

]
Blackpool are one club out of how many? How many of their players would you swap for ours?
They had a great season, but now they're fucked. They're coming straight back down, and I'd be amazed if they were anything more than mid table for seasons after that.
It's a one-off. Football doesn't work like that because it wouldn't work. Money talks.[/quote]

How many of their players would i swap for ours ?????????????????? ALL BLODDY ELEVEN CHIEF we would be in the Prem now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Fair play :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

However, I do think I recall hearing that Phil Stand had Ricky Right up against the wall by the throat when he refuised to pay the bonus :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Aye he gave him a right SAS rodgering i tell you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Totally agree Gwyn, if I remember right, Rick made some sort of stock market bet and Damon Searle got more than any other player. The incentive for paying higher for league placing was a master stroke. Surprised clubs dont do it now. Maybe Rick Wright was well ahead of his time??

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Sorry Gwyn have to say this.............Was it the 1 share i gained as a junior BLUEBIRD?

What i do remember is that Eddie May was god!

Ridsdale was at his lowest when he come to us, now he is a wanker of a legacy!

Once a f**k up, always a f**k up!

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 am

In theory its ideal but how practical is it? Blackpool are an excellent example but how many others can we name?
Generally big wages = promotion or close with a good manager.

Also you are going to lose player targets with that approach, people may say because they are greedy but most have family and are looking out for themselves and I dont see a problem with that.

The one thing I 100% dont agree with his personal player bonuses ie per goal, per assist ect etc sure to make players greedy and divide teams.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 pm

rick wright: immensely a despicable person :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Rick Wright yeah he wasn't the nicest of people but we are moving from the point he had some very good ideas. I feel at times our players are in the comfort zone and they have no hunger. Players in general now are pampered overpaid and no incentive to graft hard. In my opinion.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 am

Rick Wright is a c**t

Remember he was going to close our club down :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdr8yArwtPI .....Memories :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:12 am

I was just going to say, Rick Wright did get a lot of things right, especially the marketing side of things, but then pulled the plug on our club. I think we went backwards eight years after that. RICK WRIGHT, A WARNING FROM HISTORY!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:46 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SOME GOOD POSTS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: