Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ledley?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Ledley is worth a few million and he's been basically been allowed to walk away. Has this ever happened before at the club? I can't remember a player of some worth having his contract run out ever before. People are talking about though as if it's an every day thing at the club. We are that rich we can do that can we?

Why did Ridsdale allow this to happen? He is after all one of the most experienced football people in the business so you are not going to tell me that there was no way of agreeing a contract with Joe, who btw is a full blown City fan. There has to be a valid reason for this. I bet if you asked Ridsdale how many players he's let run their contracts down to nothing and he'll tell you not one that was worth anything. So why Joe, who at the time was rated as being one of the club's highest priced players?

Could it be that it happened because of the in-fighting between Ridsdale and PMG? With PMG holding the rights to the players, could Ridsdale have said to them if we are not going to benefit from his sale then f**k you, you won't either.