Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Deferred Appearance Money and Bonuses

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:21 pm

The club has allegedly asked to defer their bonuses and appearance money until the end of next season. That makes sense under the circumstances, but is it enough?

It is crystal clear that this club needs to cut its wage bill and running costs quite dramatically. That much has been blatantly obvious for many months despite all the pie-in-the-sky nonsense about signing players like Craig Bellamy. So why not ask some of the better-paid City players to take a wage cut?

It worked when Sam Hammam was in charge:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 703633.stm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -15766525/

Re: Deferred Appearance Money and Bonuses

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Burn him he's a witch!

TLG, are you going for the populist vote on this site? Sam had good ideas, and was able to cut costs when required?

or

Are you being a minx, and saying things weren't always rosey under Sam?

Personally, the quicker the Malaysians take total control of the club and start running it like a business the better, it worked for Burnley, Blackpool and dare I say it the Jacks too.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Eddie May wrote:am i seeing things, tlg is actually saying carl is right what he has posted earlier lol
tlg the the riddlers no2 and now standing by the eggheads lol.

1) I have no idea if Carl is right on this one, but I hope he is and I hope the club takes things a stage further like Sam did.

2) Standing by the eggheads? Are you taking the piss? I've wanted PMG and their cronies out of this club for years, and I've taken plenty of stick from people (including you) for daring to say so.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Back of the Net wrote:TLG, are you going for the populist vote on this site? Sam had good ideas, and was able to cut costs when required? Or are you being a minx, and saying things weren't always rosey under Sam?

I'm mystified as to what role people think Sam would play if he came back. The whole thing baffles me.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Eddie May wrote:you are a riddler fan tlg

I'm also Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Eddie May wrote:tlg a sam/riddler fan oh no he stabbed sam in the back so did the riddler.

Sam had some interesting things to say about Ridsdale during our lengthy conversation on Thursday and they didn't tally with the popular view of the man on this website. No surprise there.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:41 pm

You mean someone who's been out of football for 5 years may not still have the contacts he once did?

For all those who think he would still be the force he once was, maybe we should have build a team around Michael Boulding and Andy Campbell.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Back of the Net wrote:You mean someone who's been out of football for 5 years may not still have the contacts he once did?

I'm sure he still has plenty of contacts. In fact, I know he does. However:

1) He ain't going to come back as Chairman

2) He ain't going to come back as the CEO

3) He ain't going to come back as a director

4) He ain't going to come back as the manager

So what role is he going to fill and how is his return going to be achieved?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Eddie May wrote:please spill the beans, so you chat to sam, then come on here and stab him

Sam aksed that some of the things he had to say about Ridsdale remained private. I'll respect that.

How have I stabbed Sam exactly?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:47 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:You mean someone who's been out of football for 5 years may not still have the contacts he once did?

I'm sure he still has plenty of contacts. In fact, I know he does. However:

1) He ain't going to come back as Chairman

2) He ain't going to come back as the CEO

3) He ain't going to come back as a director

4) He ain't going to come back as the manager

So what role is he going to fill and how is his return going to be achieved?

Director fo Football?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Eddie May wrote:please spill the beans, so you chat to sam, then come on here and stab him

Sam aksed that some of the things he had to say about Ridsdale remained private. I'll respect that.

How have I stabbed Sam exactly?

Yeah, how?

Fail to see what TLG has done wrong here.

I'll probably get banned for defending him now, whatever.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Eddie May wrote:thats why you dont want to be his friend anymore, now i understand tlg. very interesting.

I hope I will always remain friends with Sam. He respects the fact that my opinion differs strongly from some of his other friends at present, so there is no problem.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 pm

benjconduct wrote:Fail to see what TLG has done wrong here.

TLG's done nothing wrong.

Some posters in this thread are just being very childish and immature and having a go at TLG for no reason.

Funny how this "sniper free" board seems to have more snipers than CCMB when it comes to TLG related stuff...

And I'm awaiting a ban too. After all, even though I've done nothing wrong, I've said something which Carl et al might possibly disagree with.

God forbid people disagree with the mods here..

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Eddie May wrote:does he know what your saying about him, i hope gwyn, annis and carl tell him every word, you back stabbing riddler mate. :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol:

Grow up mate :old:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Eddie May wrote:go back on the ccmb, you down this forum all the time on there, so why bother coming on here.

I'm honest.

This board can be good. And I've met Annis before and he's a great person.

However this board is run very badly IMO. If you disagree with Carl or Annis, you get banned.

However if you slag off certain things/people (e.g. TLG) then that's okay.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:21 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Eddie May wrote:go back on the ccmb, you down this forum all the time on there, so why bother coming on here.

I'm honest.

However this board is run very badly IMO. If you disagree with Carl or Annis, you get banned.

Tristian, Have you ever been banned ? Sludge ? Claude Blue etc etc ????

Tristian, before coming on here having a go, have a look at ccmb, Ive been hung drawn and quartered, I hope you have stuck up for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:

I'm honest.

Tristian, Have you ever been banned ? Sludge ? Claude Blue etc etc ????

Tristian, before coming on here having a go, have a look at ccmb, Ive been hung drawn and quartered, I hope you have stuck up for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know I haven't been banned, fair point. :ayatollah:

I agree that on CCMB some people have been morons throwing insults at you, and yes I've always said you're a great person.

It just seems like sometimes it's okay for people to slag-off (e.g.) TLG on here, but slagging off other people isn't allowed.

To be honest I think I'm just fed-up of the arguing on both sides. :ayatollah:

Edit: Steve the tea's post sums up my views. I think that some members on both boards have acted/posted silly things, although hopefully over time the CCMB-AAMB rivalvy will disappear. As Steve says, there are more important things, fair play :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Tristian, before coming on here having a go, have a look at ccmb, Ive been hung drawn and quartered, I hope you have stuck up for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

It doesn't make it right on here though. Some of the sniping on here is getting stupid. Eddie Mays's comments in this thread seem to be based on a personal dislike of TLG rather than anything constuctive. Don't get me wrong TLG brings most of it on himself, but this forum will only thrive if we have differnt opinions, not just a bunch of sycophants.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:28 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:

Some posters in this thread are just being very childish and immature and having a go at TLG for no reason.

Funny how this "sniper free" board seems to have more snipers than CCMB when it comes to TLG related stuff...

And I'm awaiting a ban too. After all, even though I've done nothing wrong, I've said something which Carl et al might possibly disagree with.

Annis - is it true that Out of 3000 people only 7 have been banned since they first started the message board - thats 0.25% :old:

:lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Tristian, in 8 months, we have had 7 members banned out of 2,800.

4 of them were abuse.
3 for running back on ccmb and saying I am winding up AAMB and then running back and stirring, including pug the other day.They get 2 warnings.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:

I'm honest.

Who has been banned for disagreeing with me :?: :o

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Tristian, before coming on here having a go, have a look at ccmb, Ive been hung drawn and quartered, I hope you have stuck up for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It doesn't make it right on here though. Some of the sniping on here is getting stupid. Eddie Mays's comments in this thread seem to be based on a personal dislike of TLG rather than anything constuctive. Don't get me wrong TLG brings most of it on himself, but this forum will only thrive if we have differnt opinions, not just a bunch of sycophants.[/quote]

Lets be honest TLG enjoys it and causes most of it himself, it happens to him on ccmb everday. TLG thrives on arguments, thats like a drug to him.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Eddie May wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:
Eddie May wrote:tlg a sam/riddler fan oh no he stabbed sam in the back so did the riddler.

Sam had some interesting things to say about Ridsdale during our lengthy conversation on Thursday and they didn't tally with the popular view of the man on this website. No surprise there.

please spill the beans, so you chat to sam, then come on here and stab him :roll:

Come on Eddie, debate the debate - its boring reading all the childish insults.

I'd rather know whether you think we should

- cut wages
- sell players
that your opinion on TLG and Sam.

it brings the board down.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Merlin wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:

Annis - is it true that Out of 3000 people only 7 have been banned since they first started the message board - thats 0.25% :old:

Very True :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Eddie May wrote:you are a riddler fan tlg

I'm also Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I never did get the GI Joe I asked for.

b*stard.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Well that started off as potentially a good
Debate but instead a page if abuse :?

Shame

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:27 pm

The treatment of TLG on this thread by Eddie is nothing short of disgraceful.

The man started a thread and Eddie hijacked it with personal insults. And whether TLG loves it or not Annis, if Eddie spoke like that to anyone else, there would have been uproar.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:18 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:The treatment of TLG on this thread by Eddie is nothing short of disgraceful.

The man started a thread and Eddie hijacked it with personal insults. And whether TLG loves it or not Annis, if Eddie spoke like that to anyone else, there would have been uproar.

Trecy,I have been monitoring them both over the last month they are Both becoming as bad as each other. Eddy has had a WARNING. TLG has had one before, the 2 of them could end up with a months ban.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Trecy,I have been monitoring them both over the last month they are Both becoming as bad as each other. Eddy has had a WARNING. TLG has had one before, the 2 of them could end up with a months ban.

Try to find some recent examples of me dishing out the sort of abuse I have to put up with so regularly from a few of the clowns on here.

Go on, you can do it. After all, you've been monitoring my posts for over a month.