Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Charity Football Match Confirmed"

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:06 pm

milly44 wrote:as my bro said, jayne, count me in cant wait to smash another 35 yarder home ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:00 pm

The FA "Say no to racism" have been in touch and they want to know if they can come down & support us plus can gives out prizes too..............also there is going to be an article on this on the Deportivo announcement................Aint we the poular ones ;) :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 am

Fridays are too hard for me with work Wednesdays were hard but have managed to get them off until august but Friday would be too hard for me to get off

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

ill go training any day :D loyal to the cause . 8-)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 am

samdm94 wrote:ill go training any day :D loyal to the cause . 8-)

well learn some team training and how to be a decent team mate. i still havent forgot about u mate haha. im not bitter about it honest

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 am

How about we do next wed 6.30pm and if any of you want to do Friday aswell we can do that, so it gives the guys a chance to make one of the nights? or if your that keen then do both nights!!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17224 confirm wed here

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:51 am

Sounds good. I'll be there. I would bring a mate or two but this is strictly AAMB! I wouldn't trust them not to defect!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Jayne

You are correct about 1st Paragraph 2nd sentence!!

This is your event – we will simply prepare and mark a pitch at the Athletic stadium and provide a member of staff to assist there and at the stadium where we will provide changing rooms.

If you want 2 games (perhaps @ 30mins each way) a penalty shoot out for kids etc its upto you.

In addition if you want to bring a burger van or Red dragon to the Athletic Stadium I will have to ask permission because while we can use the pitch I can not grant permission for other areas of their site – please let me know what you want to provide.

What I require is timings so that we can let people know what is required for changing at the stadium (you can also have some group photos pitchside if you wish) and how many will be in attendance and what time you will want a bar to be open to and from.

I understand why you asked about the kits but they will not be released.

Regards

Wayne

lets get this show on the road.......if anybody would like to help out with, linesmen/women, donations, childrens activities and food & drink stalls aslo designing me some flyers i would be very gratefull :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:49 pm

I'll play right-back, already got the City top with number 2 on it!! Its my dream to be coached by Scott Young.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 pm

ill play,
LB/ LM with a sweet left foot :)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 pm

There will be training on next Wed 6.30pm at Jubilee Park next to CCS if you make training then you will get into the match as a sub....let me know ok guys......plus there is a £20 fee on the match day and £2 subs every training session...are you still up for it?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:01 pm

why subs for training? why not use the £2 subs to contribute towards the £20?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 pm

:( NO.

cant make it.

Does that mean i wont be allowed to play. :(

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:07 pm

FISH. wrote:why subs for training? why not use the £2 subs to contribute towards the £20?

Fish i had an email from FA say no to racism...they have offered to do games with the kids and donate raffle prizes and loads of other stuff, but they need £70 to pay the FAW for this one particular game and so the £2 subs will pay for that.....i have been posting it and asking everyone if they are willing to do this.....some have said yes and so i think it would be a brilliant day for the kids too :ayatollah:

Chippy i tried asking them to make it a Friday but only you & ur bro were up for it, so have to go with the majority, and if people can turn up for training then they have a better chance of playing...hope you dont mind :(

Do you fancy being a linesman? ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
FISH. wrote:why subs for training? why not use the £2 subs to contribute towards the £20?

Fish i had an email from FA say no to racism...they have offered to do games with the kids and donate raffle prizes and loads of other stuff, but they need £70 to pay the FAW for this one particular game and so the £2 subs will pay for that.....i have been posting it and asking everyone if they are willing to do this.....some have said yes and so i think it would be a brilliant day for the kids too :ayatollah:

Chippy i tried asking them to make it a Friday but only you & ur bro were up for it, so have to go with the majority, and if people can turn up for training then they have a better chance of playing...hope you dont mind :(

Do you fancy being a linesman? ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not really. :?

Even if you are a sub for the game is it still £20?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 pm

yes as you will still get a pic at pitchside at CCS the use of showers & changing rooms too ....you still up for it or not?

Wayne did ask me if i had 4 teams (2 either side) about playing 30 mins each...not sure on that though :?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:16 pm

hughesygirl wrote:yes as you will still get a pic at pitchside at CCS the use of showers & changing rooms too ....you still up for it or not?

Wayne did ask me if i had 4 teams (2 either side) about playing 30 mins each...not sure on that though :?

im up for it yh.

You will have to make sure if you have subs they atleast get like 30 mins. Coz they wont wanna pay £20 and play 5 mins.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 pm

chippy909 wrote:
hughesygirl wrote:yes as you will still get a pic at pitchside at CCS the use of showers & changing rooms too ....you still up for it or not?

im up for it yh.

You will have to make sure if you have subs they atleast get like 30 mins. Coz they wont wanna pay £20 and play 5 mins.

so do you think i should go for 2 teams and play 30 mins each?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:22 pm

yes sounds good.

why not 45 mins each way. A proper game? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 pm

chippy909 wrote:yes sounds good.

Yeah i will mention it to Wayne Nash at our meeting tomorrow.....im sure he will be ok with that...cheers Chippy, hope everyone else agrees now, its so hard pleasing everybody :roll: :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:26 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
chippy909 wrote:yes sounds good.

Yeah i will mention it to Wayne Nash at our meeting tomorrow.....im sure he will be ok with that...cheers Chippy, hope everyone else agrees now, its so hard pleasing everybody :roll: :lol:

ok :ayatollah:

45 mins wud be better. give everyone longer to play. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am

I think priority should be given as follows...

1. Those who went to training and the last game.
2. Those who went to the last game.
3. Those who go to this training.
4. Those who just turn up for the game.

Charge £20 each and make sure everyone gets at least 30 mins as Chippy said. It's impossible to please everyone Hughesy so just figure out the best way, possibly above, and then stick to it. Not everyone will get their way but that's life. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 am

My Meeting With Wayne Nash Today

1pm meet at Cardiff City Stadium, Players will use the changing rooms, then will walk through the tunnel and have pictures at pitchside with Damon Searl & Scott Young £20 each player
Walk over to the Leckwith Pitch with a 2pm kickoff.
Providing we have 22 players each team you will all have 45 minutes x 4
penalty shoot out will be played along side the game for all kids who turn up at £2 per child :ayatollah:
Raffle tickets will be sold throughout the day
After the game the Bar in the premiership area (level 4) will be opened up at 4pm til 6pm for all who wants to come & have a drink also we will be holding the draw for the raffle in here too EVERYONE IS WELCOME :ayatollah:
Players will shower & change and have a tour of CCS
There will also be half hor tours for everyone else who would like to have a look round at 4pm-4.30pm-5pm-5.30pm £2 per adult and £1 per child.
FAW wil be there with games too
Real Radio (Wiggy) doing the music & Ali (if he confirms it) will be commentating

Also need all players to pay £2 subs at every training session please this will pay for the FAW and the Flyers to be designed & printed thank you everyone and i hope this day is going to be a day to remember :ayatollah:
Any questions????

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Guys having been down today and in the premier lounge it is going to be a good day especially for us players, Having tried and failed as a youngster to become a footballer this is as close as it get's. Let's make it a great day and then if all goes well and the club are impressed with the amount of money we have raised we will have a good shout of maybe being able to play on the actual CCS pitch come the end of this season which will be amazing.

It is a lot of money to come up with for a game of football but we are getting a lot I think and it's all going towards a good cause for the club and more importantly us fans, For when that statue goes up of Fred me and the mrs can stand back and tell our kids and so on for years to come :old: we help make that happen.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Im kinda new so not sure if i could play?
but id be on board if you need me
(iv kicked milli's ass a few times if you need a reference) :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:27 pm

The Douce wrote:Im kinda new so not sure if i could play?
but id be on board if you need me
(iv kicked milli's ass a few times if you need a reference) :lol: :ayatollah:

Yes ...can you come to any of the taining sessions? as we really need everyone to make an effort and come on wed 6.30pm that way we can see what position is best for each of you...there will be 2 teams having 45 mins each. :ayatollah:

Please can anyone let me know if you are playing in the game can you give me your £2 subs via pay pal if you cant go to any of the training please? This will then pay for the FAW, TROPHIES, FLYERS & REF, hopefully we will have money left over which i would gladly put behind the bar so that ur 1st drink or (2nd maybe) would be paid for :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:34 pm

yes i can make training sessions i expect, where are they?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:41 pm

The Douce wrote:yes i can make training sessions i expect, where are they?

Jubilee Park opp the old ninain grounds, and next to the new stadium.....do you know it?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Training is this coming Wednesday at 6.30pm

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:48 pm

So are we still training tomorrow at all? Or is it just gonna be wednesdays now?