Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Charity Football Match Confirmed"

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Jayne I fixed my laptop so need for facebook now lol. I agree with what zabier said above not going to please everybody on this one especially now we have use of changing rooms, tours and pitchside at CCS going to be massive demand for this one so priority goes to players who trained/played in the last game then those who train every week for this one then those who turn up etc only fair on the rest of us. What you said above sounds fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it now i will be at training Wednesday but I'm working til 7 so be there asap unless you can change training to 7:15 lol. Also if anyone is interested i can get t shirts printed so we are all wearing the same colours at £8 a top only a thought. I will have a few raffle prizes from work aswell just gotta sort it out with my boss

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Yes i know jubilee park. as a former resident of sloper road been there a couple of times :lol:

So wednesday, 6.30 pm £2

anything else ?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Yeah their are over 12 of us confirmed for training I think so we normally get a good crowd so come along mate and let Dobbin put you through your paces lol.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Great stuff.
I'll make sure it is mentioned in the Deportivo programme and it would also be good to get pics of the teams on the day which we could put in a future City programme and the Trust website.
I've spoken to David Craig today and I gather he's sorted out a card from Costco to buy food.

best wishes

Phil

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 pm

alright see you guys wednesday then :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 pm

The Douce wrote:alright see you guys wednesday then :ayatollah:

by the way.....douce can i be cheeky and ask how old you are please?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 pm

of course, i was 21 two days ago. ill accept a belated happy birthday if we are all being cheeky :lol: :old:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 pm

billyako wrote:Jayne I fixed my laptop so need for facebook now lol. I agree with what zabier said above not going to please everybody on this one especially now we have use of changing rooms, tours and pitchside at CCS going to be massive demand for this one so priority goes to players who trained/played in the last game then those who train every week for this one then those who turn up etc only fair on the rest of us. What you said above sounds fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it now i will be at training Wednesday but I'm working til 7 so be there asap unless you can change training to 7:15 lol. Also if anyone is interested i can get t shirts printed so we are all wearing the same colours at £8 a top only a thought. I will have a few raffle prizes from work aswell just gotta sort it out with my boss

My plan is that the 1st 11 of the team so the ones wo have been to training will get to play the 1st 45 mins
Dobbin
Hughesybloke
Mozzer1
Rumney-blue
Billyako
CCFC1990
Samdm94
Roberts1927
Raul1927
Splottbluebird
Ben
then the 2nd 11 will play the 2nd half
Canna_G
Zabier
Milly44
M.Davies
Fish
Douce
and anyone who turns up to training in the next couple of weeks

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm

The Douce wrote:of course, i was 21 two days ago. ill accept a belated happy birthday if we are all being cheeky :lol: :old:

Oh Happy Belated Birthday Douce :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just making sure your not under 16yrs old.....or you would have to go to CCMB ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:47 pm

lol uhh no thanks *hopes nobody notices i once had an account there*

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:44 am

Fish, if you're on my team again you'd better be more potent up front! Otherwise we'll send you to the CCMB lot! :D

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Right Guys.............For those who can make next wed then say yes.....and for those who wish to play next friday yes..............which days will you be training let me know ok ? :ayatollah:

May aswell get you all involved as there will be trophies at the end of the charity match to be given out :ayatollah:

So name & day please everyone

or you can go to both if your that keen ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Weds possibly depends on whether I can duck out of work early, friday yeh but if I go weds then I won't on Friday. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:15 pm

:ayatollah: CARDIFFS NUMBER 1, CARDIFFS CARDIFFS NUMBER 1 :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Ben wrote::ayatollah: CARDIFFS NUMBER 1, CARDIFFS CARDIFFS NUMBER 1 :ayatollah:

what day do you want to do Ben? or you gonna do both and prove your a shit hot player ;) :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Raffle prizes we have so far are:

Crate of strongbow, a signed cardiff city shirt, ladies gold necklace, bottles of wine, £10 john lewis voucher, pair of seats on the T.I.T coach for any away city game and a meal for 2 at cheggars place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:34 pm

wednesday be best for me ill be there but more people want pizzas on a friday :( :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:35 pm

a horse with no name wrote:wednesday be best for me ill be there but more people want pizzas on a friday :( :ayatollah:

Do you think Dominoes would be kind enough to give us a voucher for the charity match?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Don't get if you don't ask Jayne!

I could speak to Sports Interactive and see if they can chuck us some Football Manager freebies in exchange for some sponsorship or company promotion.

I can make next Wednesday. Usually can make Fridays but heading down to Jackland for a camping trip for my girlfriend's birthday next Friday so wouldn't be able to attend.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:47 pm

hughesygirl wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:wednesday be best for me ill be there but more people want pizzas on a friday :( :ayatollah:

Do you think Dominoes would be kind enough to give us a voucher for the charity match?

ill talk to my manager tommorrow as he is in greece atm and will see if he could sort it out with other stores so that a prize could be a voucher for a free large pizza or something simlilar

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:58 pm

I can do either so il probably come to both :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:55 pm

friday :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:19 pm

i can do both :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 pm

ill do both aswell :lol: as i said ifi can get there ill be there :lol:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 am

Hughesgirl

Wednesday's are a good day for everyone so we will stick to then

I will see if we can sort out a midwwek warm up game against a cardiff and District, Cardiff Combination or Sunday side game in the early part of the week before the 22nd of August

I will buy some cones so they can be AAMB ones just in case I cant make a Wednesday session

Training will consist of

Warm Up

Fitness exercises

Match to finish - including two touch

Nearer the game we will do work on set plays and marking/shape

Hughesgirl I would not worry about teams until nearer the date - we might be able to do two eleven side games dependent on numbers

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 am

I think I'll start referring to you as Sargeant Dobbin from now on! :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Dobbin

I understand what you are saying, but i personally think we should have 2 days training especially for the ones who can not make it on Weds....as they want to play in the charity match too ( by the way subs will only be paid once a week, whether you go twice)
At the moment CCMB are struggling to get players so we may well have to have AAMB1 V AAMB2 with maybe subs from CCMB the one who really want to play, so that will mean they will be coming to training with us!!!

So why dont we see who turns up wed and then see who turns up friday......if only say 3 turn up on friday then we know we will have to cancel it and just to wed.....is that fair?