Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Inoformation leaked at CCFC? Is it really a good thing?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:39 am

Carl/Annis & other Forum moderators - you both know myself, and others are very appreciative of the information you provide on a regular basis through your contacts with the club.

What I would like to know though, is this: Is the information passed to you on the hush ? or is it given to you for the purpose to put it out there to benefit the club?

Obviously i think the latter wouldnt be true, and that there is some one within the club (in a fairly high position it has to be said) that is feeding you info that the club probably wouldn't agree with ? Is that fair to say ? And do you think that the board or any other members of staff are fishing to find out who seems to be leaking the ongoing affairs at the club ?

anyway, my point is, as happy as the forum members are to receive your information, I think it would make sense NOT to feed any information to the public at all. Some people may disagree with me, but maybe at this current difficult time for the club, the less the public hears, the better.

Every time something is posted, there isn't any healthy debates anymore - it all just seems to be AAMB v CCMB, arguing, slagging off people, staff & players, and only creates one big stage for other fans from other club forums also, to come and sit in and watch the ridiculous displays of immaturity, and the circus act that the club seems to be becoming!

As Forum Moderators, I can understand why you guys would want to keep people informed and provide lots of info for the forum and stir up healthy debate to increase the popularity of the message board, and we are grateful, I certainly am one of the members who likes to know the ins and outs of the club i support, but at the same time, I want the club to be run healthily, and not have as much bad publicity as we seem to be raking up.

Anyway, Just wanted to find out yours and other members views on the subject, thanks for taking the time to read and UNDERSTAND what and why i posted.
Cheers.

Craig. :ayatollah:

Re: Inoformation leaked at CCFC? Is it really a good thing?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:56 am

Craig, I dont believe only an isolated few should know, I believe in saying it as it is and ALWAYS COMING OUT WITH WHAT I KNOW, WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT or NOT. Thats just me and I wont change, even if it was not football, I have to say what I feel or know and it prob makes me a lot of enemies, but at least I can feel honest with myself.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:Craig, I dont believe only an isolated few should know, I believe in saying it as it is and ALWAYS COMING OUT WITH WHAT I KNOW, WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT or NOT. Thats just me and I wont change, even if it was not football, I have to say what I feel or know and it prob makes me a lot of enemies, but at least I can feel honest with myself.

I take that on board Annis and that is a very fair point. I would just like to see all the bad publicity stop, although as we both know that is currently out of our hands! When the good news is leaked! It's great, but at the moment it's just bad news, after bad news - and it all gets a bit depressing.

However far away it is at the moment - there will be light at the end of the tunnel! :ayatollah:

However - 5 days to go - and we can do what we do best and cheer the lads on with the game at Bath! (I'll ring you in the week regarding times etc etc...).Thats mostly what I've missed and need to get right back into it ASAP! ;)

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 am

Annis, I have never met you but I am aware of a lot of things that you do for the club and I can see it is in your blood :ayatollah:

I also prefer people to speak their mind, and have the ability to take information, digest, analyse and then form an opinion.

The only question I have is whether people actually think before posting to a general forum. Some of the subject matters, which I admit generate healthly debate, are very questionable and I do ask myself "regularly" do people actually think about the potential damage some of the posts could be doing to the Club with regard bad press, and information leaking etc

I am sure if key people are not happy about this or, they maybe using resources available to ensure information is leaked? This is an age-old management ploy by most companies.

Personally, I am the same as most, I love to hear what is going on at our club. Would I ensure it is put out for public consumption - No, definetly not.

:o

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:17 am

Dont get me wrong - I like to hear about EVERYTHING! I just agree that in the wrong mind, it gets twisted out of control and fed back to others in a more darkened enhancement! IF it is FACT like Carl's and Annis' posts, and not fabricated stories fair enough! But when it's like a game of chinese whispers - the final recipient (the wider welsh public that dont have access to message boards and the like) ends up with completely the wrong message!

If somebody asks me a question about the club, then I'll pass it on exactly how I have heard it! but you will get the type of people that like to bend the truth - and these are the ones that damage the reputation of the club.

hopefully people can now understand what i meant from my first post!! didnt mean to cause any confusion! :D
After all Im a very old man! :old: :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:18 am

Keli wrote:Annis, I have never met you but I am aware of a lot of things that you do for the club and I can see it is in your blood :ayatollah:

I also prefer people to speak their mind, and have the ability to take information, digest, analyse and then form an opinion.

The only question I have is whether people actually think before posting to a general forum. Some of the subject matters, which I admit generate healthly debate, are very questionable and I do ask myself "regularly" do people actually think about the potential damage some of the posts could be doing to the Club with regard bad press, and information leaking etc

I am sure if key people are not happy about this or, they maybe using resources available to ensure information is leaked? This is an age-old management ploy by most companies.

Personally, I am the same as most, I love to hear what is going on at our club. Would I ensure it is put out for public consumption - No, definetly not.

:o

Keli, I will admit sometimes I dont think before I put some of the information out and maybe I am wrong on that.
I do enjoy healthy debates like yourself :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 am

I am not always a fan of yours Annis, but the one thing I admit it is that I believe you are Cardiff City through, and through.

Do I agree with everything you post - Nope, but that is the world we live in. :)

:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am

Keli wrote:I am not always a fan of yours Annis, but the one thing I admit it is that I believe you are Cardiff City through, and through.

Do I agree with everything you post - Nope, but that is the world we live in. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 am

I can see where Merlin and Kavi are coming from, but let's ask a question, if one of us had found out there was a transfer embargo on us and the club were asking us to buy our season tickets under the false pretence of using the funds raised to buy players which was an outright lie.

1.Would it have been better to keep quiet and be part of the lie.

2.Or to warn people and let them decide after knowing the truth what to do with their hard earned money

YOU DECIDE.

You hear the players are disgruntled, angry and have lost faith in the club because of things such as withheld bonus's appearnce monies etc, money which they are contracted to. The performances on the pitch take a nose dive and they look as if they are going thru the motions.

1. you tell the fans what you have haerd from the players.

2.you keep it to yourself and let the fans believe the players are simply not up to it and then turn on them.

YOU DECIDE

You are told Joe Ledley wants out because even though the club have offered him 20,000 a week he can get ten pounds a week more at Stoke and the boy is leaving because he's got no loyalty to the club and good riddance.
You find out from a source that actually he's been offered half that and been messed around terribly by the club he's been with since a kid, and Stoke have offered him three times the money and a chance to play in the Premiership.

1. Do you tell the fans the truth and let them make their minds up.

2. Do you keep quiet and let the fans blame joe for being a dis loyal money grabber.

YOU DECIDE

Me personally I'd rather know the truth and make my own mind up.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:28 am

Merlin wrote:Carl/Annis & other Forum moderators - you both know myself, and others are very appreciative of the information you provide on a regular basis through your contacts with the club.

What I would like to know though, is this: Is the information passed to you on the hush ? or is it given to you for the purpose to put it out there to benefit the club?

Obviously i think the latter wouldnt be true, and that there is some one within the club (in a fairly high position it has to be said) that is feeding you info that the club probably wouldn't agree with ? Is that fair to say ? And do you think that the board or any other members of staff are fishing to find out who seems to be leaking the ongoing affairs at the club ?

anyway, my point is, as happy as the forum members are to receive your information, I think it would make sense NOT to feed any information to the public at all. Some people may disagree with me, but maybe at this current difficult time for the club, the less the public hears, the better.

Every time something is posted, there isn't any healthy debates anymore - it all just seems to be AAMB v CCMB, arguing, slagging off people, staff & players, and only creates one big stage for other fans from other club forums also, to come and sit in and watch the ridiculous displays of immaturity, and the circus act that the club seems to be becoming!

As Forum Moderators, I can understand why you guys would want to keep people informed and provide lots of info for the forum and stir up healthy debate to increase the popularity of the message board, and we are grateful, I certainly am one of the members who likes to know the ins and outs of the club i support, but at the same time, I want the club to be run healthily, and not have as much bad publicity as we seem to be raking up.

Anyway, Just wanted to find out yours and other members views on the subject, thanks for taking the time to read and UNDERSTAND what and why i posted.
Cheers.

Craig, I understand what you are saying about leaks coming out of the club and you can bet that the club are really pissed off with it as well.
However I've got not one ounce of sympathy for them, good enough for them. They sacked innocent people who they falsely accused of leaking information. Yet after these people had gone the leaks continued and in some respects they got worse. I suspect they know who the real culprits were and are but don't want to pick on those ones.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:36 am

TheOutsider wrote:
Merlin wrote:Carl/Annis & other Forum moderators - you both know myself, and others are very appreciative of the information you provide on a regular basis through your contacts with the club.

Cheers.

Craig, I understand what you are saying about leaks coming out of the club and you can bet that the club are really pissed off with it as well.
However I've got not one ounce of sympathy for them, good enough for them. They sacked innocent people who they falsely accused of leaking information. Yet after these people had gone the leaks continued and in some respects they got worse. I suspect they know who the real culprits were and are but don't want to pick on those ones.

My point was made clearer in my second and third posts - I personally like getting all the info from Carl and Annis, what i dont like is the way that their posts get scrutinised, twisted and blown out of proportion - i hope the info keeps coming, but you'd think that certain moles at the club would withold the info considering circumstances! But then, i thought to myself, ITV and BBC and CNN and Sky News etc etc wouldnt have a program if everything in the world was all fine and dandy! the moral of the story is - If it aint bad news, then it aint news!!!!

Also, BigGwynRam, thanks for your reply - I understand exactly what you are saying, although these sitauation are what i beleive to be that of common sense, to release info about, to help your fellow bluebird fans! Thanks for highlighting that though! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:39 am

Carl provides excellent updates and info. Whilst it may not always be information we want to hear it's up to all City fans regardless of age, years service in Block A, Real Madrid stub holders to read the information in the spirit in which it was intended i.e. provide a service for the supporters of CCFC.

Recent opinions have been polarised due to the reappearence of Sam Hammam. His legacy divides opinion like no other and that is why strong views and suspicion of others has surfaced. At the end of the day, we'll always be here and will be here long after the latest batch of 'men in suits' have moved on. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 am

BigGwynram wrote:I can see where Merlin and Kavi are coming from, but let's ask a question, if one of us had found out there was a transfer embargo on us and the club were asking us to buy our season tickets under the false pretence of using the funds raised to buy players which was an outright lie.

1.Would it have been better to keep quiet and be part of the lie.

2.Or to warn people and let them decide after knowing the truth what to do with their hard earned money

YOU DECIDE.

You hear the players are disgruntled, angry and have lost faith in the club because of things such as withheld bonus's appearnce monies etc, money which they are contracted to. The performances on the pitch take a nose dive and they look as if they are going thru the motions.

1. you tell the fans what you have haerd from the players.

2.you keep it to yourself and let the fans believe the players are simply not up to it and then turn on them.

YOU DECIDE

You are told Joe Ledley wants out because even though the club have offered him 20,000 a week he can get ten pounds a week more at Stoke and the boy is leaving because he's got no loyalty to the club and good riddance.
You find out from a source that actually he's been offered half that and been messed around terribly by the club he's been with since a kid, and Stoke have offered him three times the money and a chance to play in the Premiership.

1. Do you tell the fans the truth and let them make their minds up.

2. Do you keep quiet and let the fans blame joe for being a dis loyal money grabber.

YOU DECIDE

Me personally I'd rather know the truth and make my own mind up.

Gwyn, I love your loyalty :D

Some things for public domain - YES

Some things for public domain - NO

I am sure you can understand that :old:

If you carry on in this mode I will refuse to buy your book :D

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:45 am

It's like if a catastrophically damaging meteor was heading towards planet earth that will completely wipe out life on one side of the planet - theres no way to stop it, but one man has to make the decision whether to create all out panic and inform the nations! once info like this gets out, all hell breaks lose! (usually made worse by all the panic-ers!) :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:05 am

Merlin wrote:It's like if a catastrophically damaging meteor was heading towards planet earth that will completely wipe out life on one side of the planet - theres no way to stop it, but one man has to make the decision whether to create all out panic and inform the nations! once info like this gets out, all hell breaks lose! (usually made worse by all the panic-ers!) :lol:

Yeah right. The one's who know about it are the ones filling their boots and heading for their safe cave. The only reason they keep it to themsleves is so that when they turn up at the safe cave it won't be full of us gypos who've got there before them. I'm not worried about panic, I'm big enough to decide for myself thank you very much.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:38 am

For what its worth Annis/Carl you do a great job on thsi forum with the information provided

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:59 am

i really hate name calling on any forum, we try our hardest to stamp it out, and sorry to say it will always go on

there is a difference between a healthy debate and personal insults and/or even threats after all at the end of the day this is an internet message board and a lot of supporters/posters forget this, we all have families and lives outside it

if you dont like whats written on it DONT READ IT AND DONT BOTHER COMING ON HER

i am a firm believer that all members should sign in for the privelige of coming on here :D

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:04 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i really hate name calling on any forum, we try our hardest to stamp it out, and sorry to say it will always go on

there is a difference between a healthy debate and [b](a unhealthy debate!) personal insults and/or even threats after all at the end of the day this is an internet message board and a lot of supporters/posters forget this, we all have families and lives outside it

i am a firm believer that all members should sign in for the privelige of coming on here[/b] :D

Baz - i think your missing my point. I like whats here and I will always come here for a read. :ayatollah:

:old:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i really hate name calling on any forum, we try our hardest to stamp it out, and sorry to say it will always go on

there is a difference between a healthy debate and [b](a unhealthy debate!) personal insults and/or even threats after all at the end of the day this is an internet message board and a lot of supporters/posters forget this, we all have families and lives outside it

i am a firm believer that all members should sign in for the privelige of coming on here[/b] :D

Baz - i think your missing my point. I like whats here and I will always come here for a read. :ayatollah:

sorry merlin its the drugs i am taking :lol: :lol: :lol: and i am watching the cricket, just thought i would do a sensible posty thingy for a change :D :old:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:09 pm

You know I love you Baz. you're the only one that calls me pervy! ;)

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Merlin wrote:You know I love you Baz. you're the only one that calls me pervy! ;)

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
looking at it now the post was not for you its for the ones that like to come on here and say black is white blah blah blah, you know who they are

any way merlin you really look pervy in your aviators :D :D

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Cheers.

I think you're spot on in many a sense. There is definitely some agenda pushing going on here, the questions whose???

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Baz & merlin to get a hotel room

Breaking News

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Baz & merlin to get a hotel room

Breaking News

Old news - happened weeks ago! :lol:

and it's good news, so officially its NOT NEWS! ( i mentioned that above!!) :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Out of interest did you give or receive ?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 pm

With the right position you can do both at the same time. :old:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:37 pm

I'll bow to your experience on that one :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Merlin,

I can see where you are coming from and I like you would love to see some positive news but there seems very little to smile about these days at CCS. While we wait for good news, in my opinion, we should be made aware of what the custodians of the club are up to.

I fear that there is a lot more bad news to come my friend, and by the way i checked out your light at the end of a tunnel theory and there was an express train coming straight at me.

Surely things have to change!!